Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Pavel Zakharov --New Zag

So I suck at math, but if we're gonna have 6 freshmen on schollie next season; Anton, Drew, Brock, Arlauskas, Pavel, Ballo and only 5 players we know are leaving; Perks, geno, JJ, Rui and Tillie that must mean that someone else has already told the staff that this is their last year; i.e. ZN or BC. Am I correct?

Few’s Ark.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    So I suck at math, but if we're gonna have 6 freshmen on schollie next season; Anton, Drew, Brock, Arlauskas, Pavel, Ballo and only 5 players we know are leaving; Perks, geno, JJ, Rui and Tillie that must mean that someone else has already told the staff that this is their last year; i.e. ZN or BC. Am I correct?
    Or that one of the existing players on the roster plans on transferring after the spring semester completes.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...29#post1408029
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Or that one of the existing players on the roster plans on transferring after the spring semester completes.
    true

Oh, so we had an open schollie?

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Ballo should be a Thanksgiving Present for the Zags. I believe the Coaching staff believes that a number of players may head to the NBA at the end of this season.

Yes Ballo would be a 2019 recruit not 2020.
    Really?! He would have just turned 17! Crazy if true, but no complaints from me.

Larsen

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Larsen
    So this is his last year on scholarship?

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Ballo should be a Thanksgiving Present for the Zags. I believe the Coaching staff believes that a number of players may head to the NBA at the end of this season.

Yes Ballo would be a 2019 recruit not 2020.
    Are we sure on this? seems way too young to be 2019.

Also, amazing front courts, but who is going to be able to pass them the ball? we have a team full of sf-pf for 19-20

Has someone run the scholy numbers for 2019? Seems like we’re adding a lot. Wonder if Few knows Clarke will leave as well? But this is great news, front court will be STACKED! Young, but really deep.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Has someone run the scholy numbers for 2019? Seems like we’re adding a lot. Wonder if Few knows Clarke will leave as well? But this is great news, front court will be STACKED! Young, but really deep.
    The link is literally posted 8 posts above yours

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Assuming Rui and Tillie are going pro, that will leave 7 open scholarships for 19-20 (Perkins, Crandall, Jones, Rui, Tillie, plus TWO open scholarships from this current season that weren't filled).

Gonzaga has five players committed for 2019-20--Anton Watson, Brock Ravet, Martynas Arlauskas, Drew Timme, and now Pavel Zakharov. Assuming Oumar Ballo is the next player to Gonzaga, that'll still leave one open scholarship. Glaring weakness for next season is at the PG spot, as the only backcourt players on next season's roster are Norvell, Foster, Jr., Ayayi, and Ravet.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    India
    Okay, they haven't tapped into that corner of the globe. Not exactly a hoops hotbed so far.

Welcome Pavel Zakharov! You’ll enjoy being a Zag!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Welcome Pavel Zakharov! You’ll enjoy being a Zag!
    Congrats, Pavel. Welcome to the family.

Don't mind what anyone says, Pavel - we're not embarrassed to have you at all ! Solid decision, young man!
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Wow, that's great news:

Jim Meehan
    ‏ @SRJimm
    48m48 minutes ago

Just got off phone with Zakharov, who said he reclassified to 2019 "because I want play on college level with players who are better than me, stronger and faster, I want to learn from them."
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

So, Pavel/Brandon at the 5, Timme/Brandon at the 4, Anton/Kispert at the 3, Foster/Ayayi/Snacks/Brock/ at the 1/2??

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    So, Pavel/Brandon at the 5, Timme/Brandon at the 4, Anton/Kispert at the 3, Foster/Ayayi/Snacks/Brock/ at the 1/2??
    Arlauskus at the 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Petrusev?

Ooops! How'd I miss him!?

Welcome, Pavel. Hats off, Few & Staff.

What I wouldn't do for another Nigel for next year.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Welcome, Pavel. Hats off, Few & Staff.

What I wouldn't do for another Nigel for next year.
    Yes, preferably with some time during the summer/autumn to get to know the Zags playbook!

Traffic jam at the 3/4/5 next year. Total gridlock if Ballo comes. Embarrassment of total riches. I don’t think of any of these are redshirt candidates. And oh, what I would give for a clearer picture of the PG slot.