Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That Top-50 Drew Timme is our last hope.

Default That Top-50 Drew Timme is our last hope.

"No, there is another."
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Cassius Stanley?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Cassius Stanley?
    I think he already narrowed it down to 3 P5 schools. That would be crazy if he picked us (not on his list) over Oregon, UCLA, Kansas.
    Quit social media. You'll be better for it.

depends on what list you look at

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...er/_/id/203633

Bob simple No would clear it up

I don't know whom.

Top fifty short list that haven't committed.

Mark Hamill or Carrie Fischer?

Doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    I don't know whom.

Felt a disturbance in the Force?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Felt a disturbance in the Force?
    The Force is strong with this one. He is most definitely out there. However, he keeps his identity concealed from Jedi powers.

worth noting that foreign recruits (like zakharov and ballo, who have already been mentioned here) might not be currently on any recruit rankings list. i don't have any inside information, but that's the easiest explanation if you look at the top undecided recruits and no names look likely.

Zowie.

Too soon for grad transfer. Not many U.S. non commits.

Tommy pulls another rabbit out of his hat?
    I miss Mike Hart

Soooooooooooo.........

What's Plan B?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    worth noting that foreign recruits (like zakharov and ballo, who have already been mentioned here) might not be currently on any recruit rankings list. i don't have any inside information, but that's the easiest explanation if you look at the top undecided recruits and no names look likely.
    Both Ballo and Zakharov will be top 50 recruits once they enter the rankings (either by committing to a college or once Pavel takes his SAT and is college bound). We should land both in all honesty and if we do we could easily be rated the number 1 class. Corey Evans dropped Ballo's name yesterday and that was the first many of us had heard of that, but for the last several weeks I have been hearing about two international recruits (Pavel being one) that will mostlikely end up at Gonzaga (Ballo being the other). The one main issue we have with this class is a PG. Do not be suprised if one of those "committed" but not signed recruits backs out if the coach leaves and we are there to swoop him up. What PG would not want to play with this group!

I must have missed it, but who is this Pavel we speak of?

Is he on crutches?

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Both Ballo and Zakharov will be top 50 recruits once they enter the rankings (either by committing to a college or once Pavel takes his SAT and is college bound). We should land both in all honesty and if we do we could easily be rated the number 1 class. Corey Evans dropped Ballo's name yesterday and that was the first many of us had heard of that, but for the last several weeks I have been hearing about two international recruits (Pavel being one) that will mostlikely end up at Gonzaga (Ballo being the other). The one main issue we have with this class is a PG. Do not be suprised if one of those "committed" but not signed recruits backs out if the coach leaves and we are there to swoop him up. What PG would not want to play with this group!
    I'm wondering if there's any chance Dominic Harris reclassifies to 2019? Either that, a late addition / grad transfer, or 2019-20 PG duties are pretty much all on Greg Foster and Brock Ravet and Joel Ayayi (who I don't think has played much if any PG) Maybe Norvell asked to become PG if he stays?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I must have missed it, but who is this Pavel we speak of?
    https://247sports.com/player/pavel-zakharov-46058552/

He is enrolled at Montverde and is expected to be one of their main contributors this year. We are heavy favorites for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I'm wondering if there's any chance Dominic Harris reclassifies to 2019? Either that, a late addition / grad transfer, or 2019-20 PG duties are pretty much all on Greg Foster and Brock Ravet and Joel Ayayi (who I don't think has played much if any PG) Maybe Norvell asked to become PG if he stays?
    I know the staff likes Foster a lot, love his athletism. He can handle the ball and pass, so he might not be a bad option, as his biggest weakness is his shot. With our firepower next year we might not need him to shot, just pass the ball to Snacks, Anton, Brandon, and Drew and we are good.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I'm wondering if there's any chance Dominic Harris reclassifies to 2019?
    I do not see Dominic reclassifying at this point. The priority for the 2020 recruiting class is to bring in a guard to pair with Dominic. We are in a really good spot with a few top 50 guards for 2020. Donny has spent a lot of time at a specific school this fall watching a guard who has not been named on here who would go perfect with Harris. He could end up being one of the best guards to ever come through Gonzaga if we were to land him. Also, Harvey was going to visit and still might. Strawther has a visit set in Feb. as well. Although next years squad looks weak on guards, 2020 could be elite for guards. So maybe for next year it is a grad transfer we get for the one year gap (although there are some rumblings about a guard and spring signing period).

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Is he on crutches?

This ain't rocket surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I do not see Dominic reclassifying at this point. The priority for the 2020 recruiting class is to bring in a guard to pair with Dominic. We are in a really good spot with a few top 50 guards for 2020. Donny has spent a lot of time at a specific school this fall watching a guard who has not been named on here who would go perfect with Harris. He could end up being one of the best guards to ever come through Gonzaga if we were to land him. Also, Harvey was going to visit and still might. Strawther has a visit set in Feb. as well. Although next years squad looks weak on guards, 2020 could be elite for guards. So maybe for next year it is a grad transfer we get for the one year gap (although there are some rumblings about a guard and spring signing period).
    Thanks, Caldwell. Love your contributions here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Thanks, Caldwell. Love your contributions here.
    Anytime. Love this forum and the great conversations that we can have about our Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Is he on crutches?
    Careful. This could result in a locked thread,

Who will guess correctly? Maybe win two tix.