Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Oumar Ballo verbal commit

Yeah I am not sure if he is going to be a 2019 recruit or not, sounding more and more like 2020. Either way sounds like it's a done deal with him coming to Gonzaga, just no offical announcement.

ayayi came in at 17, so 2019 or 2020 is definitely still a question mark...waiting on an announcement would make more sense if he's 2020 however...really no reason to wait if he's going to be 2019.

Ballo has received 2 crystal balls from 247 to come to GU. Josh and Evan are the two, so that is another great sign!!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Ballo has received 2 crystal balls from 247 to come to GU. Josh and Evan are the two, so that is another great sign!!
    Good sign. I'm super high on his upside, possibly highest ceiling of any Zag recruit ever.

Any word on the 19/20 class issue? Listed as a '19 by 247.

I'm of the mind that Clarke is almost certainly gone after this season so there will be minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Good sign. I'm super high on his upside, possibly highest ceiling of any Zag recruit ever.

Any word on the 19/20 class issue? Listed as a '19 by 247.

I'm of the mind that Clarke is almost certainly gone after this season so there will be minutes.
    Where will the minutes be?? We have three bigs signed already. Timme, Watson and Zakhorov. Throw in Petrusev and there is not enough minutes for the guys we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Where will the minutes be?? We have three bigs signed already. Timme, Watson and Zakhorov. Throw in Petrusev and there is not enough minutes for the guys we already have.
    Watson is almost assuredly seeing some time at the 3 spot, perhaps the majority of his minutes.

And while I love Zakharov's long term upside, I'm not convinced he is further along than Ballo.

Giving 10 minutes to Watson at the 4 as a freshman (with the rest of his minutes coming at the 3) leaves 70 minutes to distribute between Petrusev, Timme, Ballo & Zakharov. Neither Ballo or Zakharov really project as 5 year guys so 1 of them seeing spot minutes as a freshman isn't terribly important. Theyll get their minutes in practice to battle with and improve and be all the better for it come their second season.

Watson is a 3, Pavel will redshirt. If Zach leaves, Corey slides over to the 2, AW at the 3 and Pet and Timme or Ballo start up front. Biggest question mark is pg, but Bob has been saying Daejon Davis so often there has to be something to that.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Watson is a 3, Pavel will redshirt. If Zach leaves, Corey slides over to the 2, AW at the 3 and Pet and Timme or Ballo start up front. Biggest question mark is pg, but Bob has been saying Daejon Davis so often there has to be something to that.
    Nah, only a personal fave.

I have a baaaad feeling about this Ballo. Just a feeling.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Nah, only a personal fave.

I have a baaaad feeling about this Ballo. Just a feeling.
    Oh, I thought that you were being not so cryptic. Speaking of cryptic, what does your "bad feeling" about Ballo mean? Do tell.

Cory is going to slide nowhere but down the bench. No chance he plays as a two guard and if he cant figure out how to contribute anymore than he has been, Watson will take the majority of his minutes IMO

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Cory is going to slide nowhere but down the bench. No chance he plays as a two guard and if he cant figure out how to contribute anymore than he has been, Watson will take the majority of his minutes IMO
    Well, notice I said "if Zach leaves" and if that does happen who else will play sg other than Corey?

Watson is not a natural 3. Kispert is not a two guard and Daejon Davis is not coming here. Ballo may be 2020. Look for a grad transfer guard and a late signing 2019 guard . Could be a european 2019 guard. French maybe. No more bigs for 2019

Watson is not a natural 3. Kispert is not a two guard and Daejon Davis is not coming here. Ballo may be 2020. Look for a grad transfer guard and a late signing 2019 guard . Could be a european 2019 guard. French maybe. No more bigs for 2019
    I disagree with 1 and 2, agree with 3. Not sure about 4. Point #5, if you're talking about Killian hayes, I thought it was determined that he signed a pro contract and is no longer eligible.

SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Norwester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Wow, that would make an incredible 19 class even better.
    Calling all grad transfer point guards!

Quote Originally Posted by Norwester View Post
    +1

He's now officially a 2019. Mods, I can't edit the title since it's too old, can you change it to 2019. Thanks

Also, would he be our first 5 * or was Zach Collins?

The next step for Ballo, who says he's reclassified from 2020 to 2019, is to take an official visit. Ballo is expected to visit Gonzaga in the near future, but they are currently trying to finalize a date. Once Ballo makes his college choice, he'll be elevated to a five-star prospect. 247Sports doesn't include international prospects in our rankings until they make the final decision that they'll be playing college basketball.

I answered my own question, Zach was a 4*, so Ballo would be our first 5* ever. Sweet!

https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Collins-58868/

He's now officially a 2019. Mods, I can't edit the title since it's too old, can you change it to 2019. Thanks

Also, would he be our first 5 * or was Zach Collins?

The next step for Ballo, who says he's reclassified from 2020 to 2019, is to take an official visit. Ballo is expected to visit Gonzaga in the near future, but they are currently trying to finalize a date. Once Ballo makes his college choice, he'll be elevated to a five-star prospect. 247Sports doesn't include international prospects in our rankings until they make the final decision that they'll be playing college basketball.
    That'll be 10 bucks.

I answered my own question, Zach was a 4*, so Ballo would be our first 5* ever. Sweet!

https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Collins-58868/
    I started this thread back in February http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...nd-future-Zags about the current Zags' recruiting rankings. Ballo would be Gonzaga's fourth 5* commit, after Austin Daye (5* on Rivals) and Zach Collins (5* on Rivals and 247). and Drew Timme (5* on Rivals).

What you linked is Zach's ranking in the 247 Composite, which includes all recruiting sites' rankings, graded as a composite. Collins was a highly ranked 4* on ESPN, which dropped him a bit overall. Josh Perkins, at time of his commitment to Gonzaga, was also a 5* recruit during his Junior HS season. It's only when he transferred schools during his Senior HS season and changed his game that his ranking dropped.

What Gonzaga is still missing, though, is a consensus 5* commit. Zach Collins has been the closest. I wouldn't expect Ballo to be that player since he'll be an International recruit, and ESPN typically doesn't rank them in their top-100, excluding them from 5* status.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    That'll be 10 bucks.
    So 6 recruits for 2019, Watson, Ravet, Arlauskas, Timme, Pavel and Ballo. All but 2 are bigs. What are we gonna do for pg, Ravet as a true frosh?

So 6 recruits for 2019, Watson, Ravet, Arlauskas, Timme, Pavel and Ballo. All but 2 are bigs. What are we gonna do for pg, Ravet as a true frosh?
    *Shrugs* I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by DagsZags View Post
    I started this thread back in February http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...nd-future-Zags about the current Zags' recruiting rankings. Ballo would be Gonzaga's fourth 5* commit, after Austin Daye (5* on Rivals) and Zach Collins (5* on Rivals and 247). and Drew Timme (5* on Rivals).

What you linked is Zach's ranking in the 247 Composite, which includes all recruiting sites' rankings, graded as a composite. Collins was a highly ranked 4* on ESPN, which dropped him a bit overall. Josh Perkins, at time of his commitment to Gonzaga, was also a 5* recruit during his Junior HS season. It's only when he transferred schools during his Senior HS season and changed his game that his ranking dropped.

What Gonzaga is still missing, though, is a consensus 5* commit. Zach Collins has been the closest. I wouldn't expect Ballo to be that player since he'll be an International recruit, and ESPN typically doesn't rank them in their top-100, excluding them from 5* status.
    I know what composite is, it's the compilation of all of them, it's by far the best one since it averages all of them.

I know what composite is, it's the compilation of all of them, it's by far the best one since it averages all of them.
    Got it. Well, I'm just saying I wouldn't expect Ballo to be the first 5* composite commit, since ESPN most likely won't be ranking him