Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Drew Timme!!

Rui may or may not go NBA.
    -- is this like one of those weatherman forecasts -- "it may or may not rain today"

Nailed it........

Am I correct in assuming he signed his letter of intent after he announced his commitment?

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Am I correct in assuming he signed his letter of intent after he announced his commitment?
    Yes he did, there is a picture on his Twitter page showing all four of the athletes signing their letter.

Edit ** His folder is closed so not 100% sure, but here it is https://twitter.com/leslie_slovak/st...24399965630464

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    -- is this like one of those weatherman forecasts -- "it may or may not rain today"

Nailed it........
    Point being, it's a coin toss as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Point being, it's a coin toss as of today.
    It might be a coin toss today, but I think with the staff putting the priority on Timme and also recruiting Ballo and Pavel it shows that the staff thinks Rui plus 1 other will be heading to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post

Back up, 953.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Signing Day Roundup: Timme to Gonzaga, Williams signs with Louisiana Tech

https://texashoops.rivals.com/news/s...louisiana-tech

So excited! Can’t wait to see the young man represent in a Zags Uniform!

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Yes...Lassie and Timmy. There were 'hella wells around their place! Below is photo of Timme and Lassie in a rare moment when neither of them were at the bottom of a well.

Not trying to hijack this thread but I met both of them in 6th grade...they came to our school and Lassie #? just walked around and let us all interact with her...pretty kool...don't remember Timmy's name but think he was the same age/class...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Not trying to hijack this thread but I met both of them in 6th grade...they came to our school and Lassie #? just walked around and let us all interact with her...pretty kool...don't remember Timmy's name but think he was the same age/class...
    Not to rain on your parade but if I remember correctly all the Lassies were males....

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Not to rain on your parade but if I remember correctly all the Lassies were males....
    Yeah, but could any of them play defense????

What a great day! I like Timme’s game and that he’s bouncy.

Yes, we’re all going to be dreading the NBA Draft, but with so much to look forward to next season.
    Parlez-vous français?

Congratulations to Mark Few and his staff, as well as Timme and his family. A marriage in Heaven.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Welcome Drew!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Great news! I have been concerned with all the prognostication, the crystal balls and the angst, that the board would suffer a complete meltdown.

WELCOME MR. TIMME!!!

I think next year Zags are preseason #1 in the rankings.

It seems to just keep getting better.
    We possibly could lose our top six scorers off this years team. We definitely will not be preseason #1. Not even close

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    We possibly could lose our top six scorers off this years team. We definitely will not be preseason #1. Not even close
    he's on a roll...Animal House style

I get its cool to speculate "hey we have this many draft picks next year" but outside of Zags fans, does any actual expert have Norvell or even more so Clarke sniffing the first round? Unless the Zags make the title game again or better yet, win it, these guys are not leaving early. NWG circumstance was a rare thing where someone left early for whatever reason without being a borderline first round pick. Clarke will be a great college player, but would need to dramatically improve his outside shooting to be a legit nba prospect. Norvell needs to show he could play the one as he is not athletic enough or quick enough to be a surefire nba 2 guard.

Both of these guys will be back unless we blow up and make the finals.. even then..

Welcome Drew Timme! You made a great choice. To be continued...!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

From this morning's Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

The biggest reveal was in Richardson with Pearce 4-star center Drew Timme (No. 5). Timme chose Gonzaga over Texas, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Louisville, Ohio State, Michigan State and more.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...#storylink=cpy
    BTW, shouldn't be a problem with their paywall until you hit the article five or six times.

ETA: This already familiar image was posted in the article.

https://twitter.com/drewtimme2/statu...643520/photo/1
    Last edited by TexasZagFan; 11-15-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Yeah next year is going to be a helluva lot more challenging - no way the Zags sniff the top 10:
    • Foster/Ayayi/Ravet/Grad Transfer at point is a humongous ???
    • Rui is gone (no way he stays)
    • Tillie most likely jets too (barring injury setbacks)

There are at least 4, possibly 6 losses - I would put money on not even being ranked next year to start the season.

JJ Pearce PF/C Drew Timme Commits to Gonzaga

https://fridaynightglory.com/jj-pear...ts-to-gonzaga/

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Yeah next year is going to be a helluva lot more challenging - no way the Zags sniff the top 10:

There are at least 4, possibly 6 losses - I would put money on not even being ranked next year to start the season.
    If we return Norvell and Clarke next year, with the addition of this class, we will be just fine. Maybe not Top 10 preseason but should be very good by midyear and peaking by the tournament. I don't see how we would be losing six guys next year, but I suppose we could if Clarke and Norvell wanted to take a shot at the second round or Europe. I think Norvell is better off waiting to 2020 draft and should get some time at the PG spot next year which could really help his stock.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post

Next year we will not have as much experience, as I would guess we will lose Rui, Tille, and one other (Snacks, Clarke). That being said if we land Pavel and Ballo we have a shot at the number 1 recruiting class to go along with some decent pieces coming back we will be ranked pre-season and by the time the team gels it could be as good as this years group. I would not already throw in the towel on next year, we will have some solid pieces returning and Filip will be a complete stud next year to go along with Timme and Watson (and hopefully Clarke and Snacks).

Such a skilled player for a big man. He really, really does have guard skills and although I hate to say this, because of expectations and all, but his game reminds me more of Larry Bird than other bigs we've seen. Now, that might be minus the shooting as I really can't speak to his long distance shooting. But his dribbling skills, his passing and vision, his ability to take his man off the dribble and score and most especially his moxy on the court all remind me of the great Larry Bird.