Thread: Santa Clara Announces new $38 Million, 50,000 Square foot Athletics Center

Default Santa Clara Announces new $38 Million, 50,000 Square foot Athletics Center

https://www.santaclarabroncos.com/ge...20181113iei4u9

It includes a practice facility for basketball.

This is in addition to a $7.7 million standalone facility for men and womens soccer completed several years back... which appears to be paying dividends, as SCU womens soccer looks like a threat to win the NCAA tournament for a second time this year.

Great to see SCU flex its financial muscle and pony up a real commitment to improving the standards for athletics. This will be the most expensive such facility in the WCC. I think only GU and BYU have something similar. Timing is right, as SCU goes through a search for a new president who may well not be as positive on athletics.

Whether it translates to results, one can be hopeful. Then again, Sendek and the boys just dropped a home game to Prairie View A&M (What?) to kick off the season. Perhaps once this is completed they'll move on from Sendek, who is a good stabilizer at the least.

Either way, thought I'd pass on the news. SCU, since the firing of Davey, has been touted as a school that ought to do better in men's hoops, but just hasn't pulled it together. Hopeful this helps us turn the corner.

Sorry, didn't see the thread in the main board. Feel free to delete.

That thread will probably wander over here after a bit.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by SCU View Post
    https://www.santaclarabroncos.com/ge...20181113iei4u9

It includes a practice facility for basketball.

This is in addition to a $7.7 million standalone facility for men and womens soccer completed several years back... which appears to be paying dividends, as SCU womens soccer looks like a threat to win the NCAA tournament for a second time this year.

Great to see SCU flex its financial muscle and pony up a real commitment to improving the standards for athletics. This will be the most expensive such facility in the WCC. I think only GU and BYU have something similar. Timing is right, as SCU goes through a search for a new president who may well not be as positive on athletics.

Whether it translates to results, one can be hopeful. Then again, Sendek and the boys just dropped a home game to Prairie View A&M (What?) to kick off the season. Perhaps once this is completed they'll move on from Sendek, who is a good stabilizer at the least.

Either way, thought I'd pass on the news. SCU, since the firing of Davey, has been touted as a school that ought to do better in men's hoops, but just hasn't pulled it together. Hopeful this helps us turn the corner.
    The second time this year? A comma can be your friend.

Sorry. Not trying to be a punctuation jerk, but it made me through a read a second time.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The second time this year? A comma can be your friend.

Sorry. Not trying to be a punctuation jerk, but it made me through a read a second time.
    Where would you suggest the comma goes? I don't see how a comma would change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    Where would you suggest the comma goes? I don't see how a comma would change anything.
    Agree, read a fine to me