• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SCU
    Bulldog Fan
    • Mar 2014

Santa Clara Announces new $38 Million, 50,000 Square foot Athletics Center

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

It includes a practice facility for basketball.

This is in addition to a $7.7 million standalone facility for men and womens soccer completed several years back... which appears to be paying dividends, as SCU womens soccer looks like a threat to win the NCAA tournament for a second time this year.

Great to see SCU flex its financial muscle and pony up a real commitment to improving the standards for athletics. This will be the most expensive such facility in the WCC. I think only GU and BYU have something similar. Timing is right, as SCU goes through a search for a new president who may well not be as positive on athletics.

Whether it translates to results, one can be hopeful. Then again, Sendek and the boys just dropped a home game to Prairie View A&M (What?) to kick off the season. Perhaps once this is completed they'll move on from Sendek, who is a good stabilizer at the least.

Either way, thought I'd pass on the news. SCU, since the firing of Davey, has been touted as a school that ought to do better in men's hoops, but just hasn't pulled it together. Hopeful this helps us turn the corner.
  • SCU
    Bulldog Fan
    • Mar 2014

Sorry, didn't see the thread in the main board. Feel free to delete.

Comment

• kitzbuel
      • Feb 2007

That thread will probably wander over here after a bit.
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by SCU View Post
        https://www.santaclarabroncos.com/ge...20181113iei4u9

It includes a practice facility for basketball.

This is in addition to a $7.7 million standalone facility for men and womens soccer completed several years back... which appears to be paying dividends, as SCU womens soccer looks like a threat to win the NCAA tournament for a second time this year.

Great to see SCU flex its financial muscle and pony up a real commitment to improving the standards for athletics. This will be the most expensive such facility in the WCC. I think only GU and BYU have something similar. Timing is right, as SCU goes through a search for a new president who may well not be as positive on athletics.

Whether it translates to results, one can be hopeful. Then again, Sendek and the boys just dropped a home game to Prairie View A&M (What?) to kick off the season. Perhaps once this is completed they'll move on from Sendek, who is a good stabilizer at the least.

Either way, thought I'd pass on the news. SCU, since the firing of Davey, has been touted as a school that ought to do better in men's hoops, but just hasn't pulled it together. Hopeful this helps us turn the corner.
        The second time this year? A comma can be your friend.

Sorry. Not trying to be a punctuation jerk, but it made me through a read a second time.
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• KStyles
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
          The second time this year? A comma can be your friend.

Sorry. Not trying to be a punctuation jerk, but it made me through a read a second time.
          Where would you suggest the comma goes? I don't see how a comma would change anything.

Comment

• tummydoc
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
            Where would you suggest the comma goes? I don't see how a comma would change anything.
            Agree, read a fine to me

Comment

Working...
            X