Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They're Baaaaack.................

Once again, I suggest the annual Heister-inoculation protocol. You can watch a couple Best in Show clips and it should get you through the season, or you can take the full antibiotic treatment by watching the entire movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GaJPgI3jh4

Or you can try Seacatfan's announcer inoculation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc7yfQ0HIys

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    It's my understanding that the correct pronunciation for Rui's last name is Ha-CHEE-murr-uh.
    Heister pronounces Hachimura as the Quick Facts suggests. I guess Rui is the only source to double check. I wondered about the “t” sound too.
    Parlez-vous français?

The solution to Heister is Sam Adams.

Heister would do well with the Monster Truck Jam Circuit.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post

You nailed it as usual.
    Parlez-vous français?

I agree. I like the Adams-Fox combo.

Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    I agree. I like the Adams-Fox combo.
    Can't argue with that............

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Once again, I suggest the annual Heister-inoculation protocol. You can watch a couple Best in Show clips and it should get you through the season, or you can take the full antibiotic treatment by watching the entire movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GaJPgI3jh4
    Thanks for that, Fred Willard is Heister truth.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I think the broadcast is an embarrassment. I like Dikau's insight and it is always repeated by Fox. The fact that they feel like they need to ridicule Heister is an embarrassment to Television and Sports broadcasting! STFU to Dickau and Fox....you are not smarter or more clever than Heister!

Quote Originally Posted by 23zagmd View Post
    I think the broadcast is an embarrassment. I like Dikau's insight and it is always repeated by Fox. The fact that they feel like they need to ridicule Heister is an embarrassment to Television and Sports broadcasting! STFU to Dickau and Fox....you are not smarter or more clever than Heister!
    Greg? Is that you?

Really? this is entertainment, period! Turn down your volume if you don't like it. it's not like he's commentating on brain surgery. Half his stuff is just silly and funny.

Thanks for the video clips mgadfly, funny stuff!

The trio used to grate on my nerves. I don't know if they've improved, or I'm just able to ignore them for the most part, but they don't really bother me anymore. 3 is an awkward number for a broadcast team though, 2 is plenty.

I know I've mentioned it before, Heister does some work for Pac 12 Network, I've seen/heard him doing Washington St. women's hoops games and he does some baseball as well. His delivery when working for Pac 12 Network is very different and could be described as more professional. Maybe it's what he thinks the audience wants during GU games? IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by 23zagmd View Post
    Really? this is entertainment, period! Turn down your volume if you don't like it. it's not like he's commentating on brain surgery. Half his stuff is just silly and funny.
    yeah remember when Heister brought up Arvydas how funny that was...remember?

Ah, I realized I inoculated myself for life by taking in too many games that Bill Walton was calling. ANYTHING is better compared to that, Heister, Dickie V., anything. I know Walton has his fans, but I'm not one of them. Ridiculous random drivel that has nothing to do with anything, every game, all game long.

Really enjoy Adam with Hudson. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Adam becomes a TV color commentator on the West Coast circuit. That guy is good! Very impressive, he is. And will continue to grow.

I am always impressed by the fashion choices available and accepted in Spokane.

Quote Originally Posted by Outraged View Post
    I am always impressed by the fashion choices available and accepted in Spokane.
    Especially the patrons of Walmart Quite entertaining actually.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Ah, I realized I inoculated myself for life by taking in too many games that Bill Walton was calling. ANYTHING is better compared to that, Heister, Dickie V., anything. I know Walton has his fans, but I'm not one of them. Ridiculous random drivel that has nothing to do with anything, every game, all game long.
    Walton seems to act as if none of us would be entertained by watching the actual game. When he's at the helm it seems more like Mystery Science Theater 3000 or the Rocky Horror Picture Show than sports viewing.

I take more issue with the production. The introduction and graphics on the Mark Few Show could be done better by a high school audio/visual class. When we watch the games it is a given there will be some type of technical issue. One of the games had sound issues with the volume going up and down throughout the game. For the viewership and probably high revenue they generate with advertising on the Gonzaga games we certainly aren’t getting our money’s worth....but then what do they care, we watch anyway because we have n9 other options.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    I take more issue with the production. The introduction and graphics on the Mark Few Show could be done better by a high school audio/visual class. When we watch the games it is a given there will be some type of technical issue. One of the games had sound issues with the volume going up and down throughout the game. For the viewership and probably high revenue they generate with advertising on the Gonzaga games we certainly aren’t getting our money’s worth....but then what do they care, we watch anyway because we have n9 other options.
    Please provide tangible and verifiable proof that intro/graphics are not being done by a high school class. Until then...let's just say I'm skeptical.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut