Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petrusev — How good can he be?

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I like Petrusev, but you lost me here. Heytvelt on another planet athletically (before the 45lb weight gain)

Maybe more a Sean Mallon type yet with a higher ceiling and better build?
    and quicker feet.... can you imagine a foot race between Mallon and Gourde? Like watching paint dry....

Go!! Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Agree. Petrusev is confident and calm w the ball. I think the team can and will rely on him more as season progresses.

Zags have some nice players competing against the starters in practice: Jones, Petrusev, Ayayi, Foster offer some good size and athleticism for the key rotation guys to compete against in drills and scrimmages. Having these level players on the squad upping the overall level of competition has a LOT to do with the team’s extraordinary success the past few seasons especially.

;535)’itrgyxigwh k m
    J g rxuck k jfra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Quote Originally Posted by 2wiceright View Post
    ;535)’itrgyxigwh k m
    J g rxuck k jfra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My decoder ring from my last box of cereal doesn’t seem to be working.

I disagree with many of those who doubt Filip will develop and be gone after his second year - IF he stays healthy.

You all are entitled to your opinions and I can't criticize you for them as you might be right and then again, I/we could be right...here is hoping I am right, which would mean we have a stronger season this year and the next.

Those that are hoping for Timme to attend GU and if he does, it is unlikely he starts as Collins was a better player in HS and he didn't start. I hope he picks GU as he will fit in nicely and with the possibility of Rui, Tillie and Clarke all leaving after this season, then we will most definitely need him filling the void left by Tillie and Clarke's possible departure.

Hopefully, Larsen is able to deal with his personal issues and return next season, which would be his junior year and play for GU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I disagree with many of those who doubt Filip will develop and be gone after his second year - IF he stays healthy.

You all are entitled to your opinions and I can't criticize you for them as you might be right and then again, I/we could be right...here is hoping I am right, which would mean we have a stronger season this year and the next.

Those that are hoping for Timme to attend GU and if he does, it is unlikely he starts as Collins was a better player in HS and he didn't start. I hope he picks GU as he will fit in nicely and with the possibility of Rui, Tillie and Clarke all leaving after this season, then we will most definitely need him filling the void left by Tillie and Clarke's possible departure.

Hopefully, Larsen is able to deal with his personal issues and return next season, which would be his junior year and play for GU.
    I think comparing Timme with Collins isn’t helpful. With Collins GU started Karno and JW3, two exceptional and veteran players and Collins still carved out a decent chunk of minutes with Rui and Tillie also part of the front court that season. If next year is Timme, Watson and Petrusev in the front court, Timme starts. If Collins was a freshman again next year with Watson and Petrusev, he’d start.

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    I think comparing Timme with Collins isn’t helpful. With Collins GU started Karno and JW3, two exceptional and veteran players and Collins still carved out a decent chunk of minutes with Rui and Tillie also part of the front court that season. If next year is Timme, Watson and Petrusev in the front court, Timme starts. If Collins was a freshman again next year with Watson and Petrusev, he’d start.
    Unfair to Timme. Zbo was a unicorn who should have started freshman year, next year, any year, and anyplace else.

In any case, I wonder what DD thinks of him.

With Larsen gone, we need Filip to play center, but his skill set is more suited as a power forward I suspect. With Larsen or Timme on the floor, would Brandon and Filip play PF?