Thread: Streaming

Default Streaming

Hey all, sorry if this is kind of a dumb question, but I’m relatively new to the whole W TV thing. When I look online at the W.TV site, I don’t see tonight’s game listed. Is there a separate link apart from the W.TV or am I misssing something?

Edit: sorry for confusing title. S/B questions on streaming.
    Last edited by Bulldoginseattle; 11-10-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks!

Edit: I don’t see the GU game on the schedule. Does it just play automatically or is there another link I need to follow from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Skimhvn View Post
    Thanks! I can never find it either so glad I can copy link here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoginseattle View Post
    Thanks!

Edit: I don’t see the GU game on the schedule. Does it just play automatically or is there another link I need to follow from there?
    That should be the link for the game. It's the url when you click on Video on the schedule:

Thanks!

You are not seeing the game on the schedule because you will be geo_blocked for the game. It will not matter if you try the wccsports, thew.tv, or watchstadium. They are all going to show and use the watchstadium stream.

My personal preference is the embed link:
    https://player.watchstadium.com/65/i...type=liveevent

If you do not see the game listed here: https://watchstadium.com/schedule/ then the watchstadium stream will be blocked for you. If you use a VPN service, you can likely configure to use an IP from the east coast, you will then have access.

Forgot I had to turn off VPN earlier. That fixed it.

Thanks all.

Forgot I had to turn off VPN earlier. That fixed it.

Thanks all.
    Can anyone recommend an affordable vpn?

The Stadium stream cuts to early to commercial and comes back too late. Annoying
    GO ZAGS!!!

Smarty DNS. $16 for three months.

Thanks Bulldoginseattle. I ended up going with "VPN" in the App Store for my iPhone. It's free if I watch a little advertisement. Watching on my phone isn't ideal, so I mirror-played it to my big screen and the resolution was still really good.

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Thanks Bulldoginseattle. I ended up going with "VPN" in the App Store for my iPhone. It's free if I watch a little advertisement. Watching on my phone isn't ideal, so I mirror-played it to my big screen and the resolution was still really good.
    so, just a psa -- i don't know about this particular vpn, but almost ANY non-privacy-oriented vpn is going to be keeping records of all of your internet traffic; and if they're "free", there's a good chance that their business model is to actively monetize that information and possibly do insidious things like inserting ads in your non-encrypted traffic.

by all means, use a free or cheap vpn for geo reasons-- but i would strongly encourage everyone to disable them whenever you're not actively using/watching something that you need it for.

if you're looking for a 24/7 vpn, have a reason (threat model) and choose one accordingly. there are some good ones, but choosing a random one is not a good choice because the space is full of crap companies and crap software.

this is the site i would start with, for anyone who is thinking they might need a vpn: that one privacy site

just ftr, i'm a software engineer at a company that specifically does internet security for businesses.

Thanks Soccerdud. I’m just turning it on for Zags games. There is a big warning the first time you use the app that says basically what you are saying. I imagine most people don’t read it, but I did and was sufficiently worried enough to turn it off immediately after the game ended streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Thanks Soccerdud. I’m just turning it on for Zags games. There is a big warning the first time you use the app that says basically what you are saying. I imagine most people don’t read it, but I did and was sufficiently worried enough to turn it off immediately after the game ended streaming.

AirVPN.org and EarthVPN.com are my recommendations for people new to VPN services and are looking for a good/cheaper vpn service.

windscribe is based in Canada and keeps no logs

https://windscribe.com/