Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: O.T. Big Country's son gets a sweet surprise

  1. #1

    Default O.T. Big Country's son gets a sweet surprise


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Damn, has it been that long? It seems like it was just a few years ago that Eddie Sutton was talking about how Big Country would be a project. Of course he started before his freshman season was over in fact I think before conference games started.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Damn, has it been that long? It seems like it was just a few years ago that Eddie Sutton was talking about how Big Country would be a project. Of course he started before his freshman season was over in fact I think before conference games started.
    I saw Reeves go for 25 and 9 in the '95 Final Four loss to eventual National Champ UCLA at the Kingdome. That was Gonzaga's first ever dance .. with John Rillie shooting them into the NCAA Tournament. Time DOES fly.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down the street and around the corner
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    Thanks for sharing that, spy. Really needed a dose of good news today

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, spy. Really needed a dose of good news today
    My pleasure. Sorry you had a bad day.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down the street and around the corner
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    My day wasn't so bad but it felt like all of the news I saw on the telly or the internet was one tragedy after another. . .some days go like that.


    Basketball Web Sites Listing

    “ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    My day wasn't so bad but it felt like all of the news I saw on the telly or the internet was one tragedy after another. . .some days go like that.
    Yup, we live in a broken world.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I saw Reeves go for 25 and 9 in the '95 Final Four loss to eventual National Champ UCLA at the Kingdome. That was Gonzaga's first ever dance .. with John Rillie shooting them into the NCAA Tournament. Time DOES fly.
    Yes, that was the year.

    Zags played at the University of Utah, where I once worked. The Hunstman center in my mind was one of the greatest places to watch a college game ever built. Not a bad seat in the place, and it could get loud.

    Zags played Maryland - as everyone knows - was never really in the game, might've cut it to 10 in the second half. Terps had the colorfully named "Xray Hip" which is forever imprinted in my brain.

    1990 marked the turning point in GU ball, by 92 they had Jeff Brown, following Brown they had Rillie, and then Bakari Hendrix (WCC POY?) and that led to Santangelou/Calvary. The turn didn't begin in 1999, it began in the early 90s.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •