• thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

O.T. Big Country's son gets a sweet surprise

This is awesome!

• Birddog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Damn, has it been that long? It seems like it was just a few years ago that Eddie Sutton was talking about how Big Country would be a project. Of course he started before his freshman season was over in fact I think before conference games started.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• GoZags
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
      Damn, has it been that long? It seems like it was just a few years ago that Eddie Sutton was talking about how Big Country would be a project. Of course he started before his freshman season was over in fact I think before conference games started.
      I saw Reeves go for 25 and 9 in the '95 Final Four loss to eventual National Champ UCLA at the Kingdome. That was Gonzaga's first ever dance .. with John Rillie shooting them into the NCAA Tournament. Time DOES fly.
      sigpic
      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
      ——-
      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Thanks for sharing that, spy. Really needed a dose of good news today
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
          Thanks for sharing that, spy. Really needed a dose of good news today
          My pleasure. Sorry you had a bad day.

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

My day wasn't so bad but it felt like all of the news I saw on the telly or the internet was one tragedy after another. . .some days go like that.
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
              Banned
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
              My day wasn't so bad but it felt like all of the news I saw on the telly or the internet was one tragedy after another. . .some days go like that.
              Yup, we live in a broken world.

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                I saw Reeves go for 25 and 9 in the '95 Final Four loss to eventual National Champ UCLA at the Kingdome. That was Gonzaga's first ever dance .. with John Rillie shooting them into the NCAA Tournament. Time DOES fly.
                Yes, that was the year.

Zags played at the University of Utah, where I once worked. The Hunstman center in my mind was one of the greatest places to watch a college game ever built. Not a bad seat in the place, and it could get loud.

Zags played Maryland - as everyone knows - was never really in the game, might've cut it to 10 in the second half. Terps had the colorfully named "Xray Hip" which is forever imprinted in my brain.

1990 marked the turning point in GU ball, by 92 they had Jeff Brown, following Brown they had Rillie, and then Bakari Hendrix (WCC POY?) and that led to Santangelou/Calvary. The turn didn't begin in 1999, it began in the early 90s.
                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X