Thread: OT: LMU beat UCLA

Default OT: LMU beat UCLA

Season opener for both. UCLA isn't the same team with both of their stars from last year graduated, but plenty of talent on hand still. Good win for the Lions, maybe serving notice they'll be a team to be reckoned with this year.

Yes, I saw this. UCLA was ranked #25 in the preseason poll so it was a great win on LMU's home court. LMU has 5 seniors on the team, so they have the experience and desire to win this year. We have a poster on this board (CG3) whose daughter plays point guard for the lions.

Pepperdine beat Hawaii on a last second 3pt shot and Santa Clara crushed Sonoma State. San Diego laid an egg against Big Sky Southern Utah losing by 10.

The rest of the league gets underway on Friday.

ZagDad
    Last edited by ZagDad84; 11-08-2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Game was played at LMU not UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    Yes, I saw this. UCLA was ranked #25 in the preseason poll so it was a great win on LMU's home court. LMU has 5 seniors on the team, so they have the experience and desire to win this year. We have a poster on this board (CG3) whose daughter plays point guard for the lions.
    ZagDad
    Hey ZagDad,

Yeah excited for this season. Probably recall that Chels was hampered with a shoulder/neck injury after we suffered a car accident last summer. Fortunately she's back 100% and was eager to come out strong against UCLA, who recruited her early on but kinda "passed" on her, opting to go out of state (Texas).

She was all fired up and put on what was called a "PG clinic" and senior Gabby Green seemed unstpppable...so yeah, we're happy about such a great way to start the season. Massey only gave us only a 7% chance of beating #23 UCLA. More PAC12 action coming with Arizona next week!

[Link to Chels hesitation move]

https://www.facebook.com/1253126566/...6947687105082/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CG3Dad View Post
    Hey ZagDad,

Yeah excited for this season. Probably recall that Chels was hampered with a shoulder/neck injury after we suffered a car accident last summer. Fortunately she's back 100% and was eager to come out strong against UCLA, who recruited her early on but kinda "passed" on her, opting to go out of state (Texas).

She was all fired up and put on what was called a "PG clinic" and senior Gabby Green seemed unstpppable...so yeah, we're happy about such a great way to start the season. Massey only gave us only a 7% chance of beating #23 UCLA. More PAC12 action coming with Arizona next week!

[Link to Chels hesitation move]

https://www.facebook.com/1253126566/...6947687105082/

Glad to hear you and Chels are healed up and back to 100%. My daughter was t-boned a few years ago and shattered her collarbone. She still has screws in her shoulder.

That was quite the move, but I really did not need to see Chels hesitation move. I mean, really did not need to see it. Our guards have not yet begun to play very good defense (so far), and Chels is the type of PG which scares the blank out of me.

I know what you mean about your daughter getting "passed over" by the "big" team in town. We play EWU this weekend (20 miles from Spokane) and a large number of players on EWU grew up wanting to play for the Zags and they feel like they were "passed over". Essentially every year, they get a chance to show the big sister who they should have recruited. This game is a dogfight every year no matter how good the teams end up being.

Looks like we start the League play against you guys at the end of December.

Good luck CG3 with your OCC schedule and we will have round one with you guys 12/29/2018 in the MAC.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post

Looks like we start the League play against you guys at the end of December.

Good luck CG3 with your OCC schedule and we will have round one with you guys 12/29/2018 in the MAC.

ZagDad
    Thanks ZagDad,

You too. The Zag fans were great at the WCC tourney...a lot of 'em were sitting with me during our SF game, cheering Chels and our Lions on. Hopefully this year we'll get to go a little bit further meet in the semis?

CG3Dad