Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelly Olynyk: What's Up?

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    Whussup, indeed, with Kelly? Seems like he's played himself completely out of the mix in Miami. I know they've had an influx of new talent with Nunn, Herro, Robinson & Adebayo, but now they've decided they don't need Kelly to play at all? Last game I watched, his team mates were rooting hard for him when he was in the game, but he didn't take a shot, didn't score. Yesterday he's a DNP. He looks distressed. Is he injured? Did I miss the press release? Trying to imagine a team that might want to acquire him before the trade deadline. Timberwolves ? or maybe San Antonio? Just a shame he won't be sharing in the Heat's rise to prominence this season.
    He'd look nice next to Doncic and Porzingis.

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    Whussup, indeed, with Kelly? Seems like he's played himself completely out of the mix in Miami. I know they've had an influx of new talent with Nunn, Herro, Robinson & Adebayo, but now they've decided they don't need Kelly to play at all? Last game I watched, his team mates were rooting hard for him when he was in the game, but he didn't take a shot, didn't score. Yesterday he's a DNP. He looks distressed. Is he injured? Did I miss the press release? Trying to imagine a team that might want to acquire him before the trade deadline. Timberwolves ? or maybe San Antonio? Just a shame he won't be sharing in the Heat's rise to prominence this season.
    It has almost been a yearly ritual with Kelly, sometime during the season, usually due to a loss of confidence by Kelly, a coach decides they will play better utilising other players. Usually they wake up at some stage and remember what unique talent he is and throw him back in the mix (might be very soon after losing today to a below average Nets team) . Last year after he had a spell, Kelly came back and played some of his best ball ever...

In saying that, the biggest change for Miami was Butler coming over, they now play a different game than last year and some of the other players fit in better (Myers Leonard is better defender). Adebayo is also greatly improved....

Meyers Leonard is the worst defensive big of all time. I'm not one for hyperbole either.

KO was in the game tonight. Only for 9 minutes, so I wonder if he has been sick.
    It's not funny.

Lots of maneuvering by the Heat, adding & subtracting players, and yet Kelly, surprisingly, remains with the team. Doubt it was because no other teams wanted him. His paltry $10 million a season should have been enticing for a lot of teams. Very puzzling, but I'm glad he's still with the team. Addition of Iguodala might be enough to propel them to a deep playoff run. Interesting test tonight vs Kngs re Kelly's playing time.

I think that Heat Management love his team-first mentality and wiliness to do whatever it takes.

His last game against the Warriors showed what he can do. In 21 minutes off the bench he was +28, with 13 points (2/4 from the 3), 11 Assists, 6 rebounds a block and a steal.....

It was great to see him on the floor with his friend Jae Crowder, the first game since they have played together with the Celtics.

Pat and Spo just need to involve him more (preferably when ball hog Butler's not in the floor) .

Well, Kelly played only 16 minutes today starting for the Heat...was not in foul trouble

3/3 from the deep and 4/4 overall, 8 rebounds 2 steals and a block.

Yet he sat while they got run down at home by the lowly Timberwolves.

Ball hog Butler got blocked at the rim with 3 second left.

IMHO they are not using Kelly effectively....

Kelly with another hyper efficient game in a win vs Dallas.

13 points
    7 rebounds
    9 assists

All that in only 18 minutes. Wonder what a guy has to do to get more floor time in Miami.

Another efficient outing against the top NBA team, Milwaukee...

11 minutes with a +2

11 points on 3/4 (3/3 from the 3) and 2/2 on free throws.

2 assists and a steal and a rebound.....

It just seems as though he isn’t consistent...is there a reason or just him or ?

Also five PFs in his 11 minutes if I read the box score correctly. That's just not acceptable, especially guarding Brooks Lopez. Perhaps Spoelstra was thinking the same thing.

16 points in 16 minutes, tonight. 5-5, 3-3, 3-3 with 5 boards, 2 assists and 2 fouls.

It seems to be just how he is being used.
    It's not funny.

I don't think it's difficult to understand why KO isn't getting PT this season...he's sitting behind an emerging all-star PF in Bam Adebayo and a new acquisition with a similar skill set in Meyers Leonard. That's 40-50 less minutes available at the PF/C spot than the last few seasons when Whiteside was in timeout on the bench.

Kelly with a nice game in scrimmage vs. Jazz. 27 pts 8 rebs.https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...-against-jazz/

Quote Originally Posted by azzagfan View Post
    Kelly with a nice game in scrimmage vs. Jazz. 27 pts 8 rebs.https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...-against-jazz/
    I think he is going to make a big impact off the bench over the next month.

He says he is in the best shape he has ever been, and seems in a good head space as well.

He's a game changer when he is hot from outside (like w=he was just before the Pandemic).

I checked the latest Heat box score and noticed that Kelly O recorded 20 points.

I also noted that Udonis Haslem is still on the Heat roster. That dude played against Matt Santangelo and Casey Calvary back in the ‘99 Sweet Sixteen game.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I checked the latest Heat box score and noticed that Kelly O recorded 20 points.

I also noted that Udonis Haslem is still on the Heat roster. That dude played against Matt Santangelo and Casey Calvary back in the ‘99 Sweet Sixteen game.
    Crazy, I was in high school during that game. I turn 40 in a couple months. That is an NBA career and a half!

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Crazy, I was in high school during that game. I turn 40 in a couple months. That is an NBA career and a half!
    Seeing Haslem on that box score prompted me to look up the longest NBA careers. I guessed that Kareem Abdul Jabar was probably the longest tenured player in NBA history. I was wrong. Vince Carter holds the record. Kareem is sixth on the list.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-players...190046188.html

Not only did he score 20, he scored all 20 in the 4th quarter. Only the 2nd Heat player to ever do that.

Another Zag now in the NBA Finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

He had 24 points and 9 rebounds in Friday’s loss.

Another Lakers championship feels pretty inevitable after the first two games. Can the Heat get back in this series?

He had 24 points and 9 rebounds in Friday’s loss.

Another Lakers championship feels pretty inevitable after the first two games. Can the Heat get back in this series?
    Nope. The Heat succumbed to their injuries. They had a razors edge of an opportunity to win the series regardless, but that disappeared with Dragic and Adebayo getting hurt. LeBron and AD are also playing on another level right now. They could end up winning the next couple.

17 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals off the bench in the Heat’s Game 3 win.

17 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals off the bench in the Heat’s Game 3 win.
    He has really been playing well. He picked LeBron's pocket in the 3rd and really helped stymie a Laker's run. It is awesome to see him perform well at the highest level in the biggest games.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Nope. The Heat succumbed to their injuries. They had a razors edge of an opportunity to win the series regardless, but that disappeared with Dragic and Adebayo getting hurt. LeBron and AD are also playing on another level right now. They could end up winning the next couple.
    It certainly looked that way after game 2.

Sure Jimmy had a great game (one for the ages) but the Heat plugged in other players for Dragic and Adebayo who played well .

The thing is that the Heat are more than the sum of their parts.

A bit like the Zags some years, up to 5 or 6 players could potentially lead the team in scoring in any given game.

Kelly and Jimmy actually had some real nice plays in the last quarter especially that give and go.

Kelly brings a different dimension to the team that Bam does not, when he hits his threes he can create his own problems.

Defensively he is no Bam, but he drew 2 fouls on AD that put AD on the bench and drew another key offensive foul later in the game as well.

Sure AD may have a great game 4, but Kuzma and Morris probably won't hit 9 3 pointers between them again.