Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channel Change for TX Southern Game

Default Channel Change for TX Southern Game

SWX, not KHQ. Still on Root-NW.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Looks like TheW.tv (Watch Stadium) will (hopefully!) be streaming the game Saturday night: https://watchstadium.com/live/151307/

Now scheduled on Uverse in North Texas, channel 697/1697. I expect to see a ton of Houston Rockets commercials, a small price to pay.

Not showing on DirecTV Fox sports SW, Mavs and Thunder rule the time slot.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

On Direct TV I do not get SWX. Nice of them to do a switch like this. Supposedly it's on Root NW on 687 or 688 but it's not showing on the guide yet.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Honest question: we've been discussing this for over 10 years by now. Why doesn't every out-of-towner get the sports package by this point?

I'm in Spokane. I get them all in Arizona but won't be there for another week.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Honest question: we've been discussing this for over 10 years by now. Why doesn't every out-of-towner get the sports package by this point?
    Out of curiosity, what package are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Out of curiosity, what package are you referring to?
    If you have either DirecTV or Dish satellite svc. you can add a "sports pkg" for $12 to $15 to your regular bundle. I used to have it and I would drop it when season was over. A couple of years ago I forgot to reinstate in time for the first game but lo and behold I found that my DirecTV service was carrying Zag games on a channel that is basic in Texas and Oklahoma. I was able to see all games except maybe 2 that were pre empted by Houston Rockets games. This year they may not be carrying the Zags as I'm 0 for 2 and it has been Mav games causing the problem.
    Birddog

For the past 6 years (Directv) I’ve only missed one GU game (have never gotten exhibition games) and that was the UDub game last season, which was on the PAC12 channels. The next two years I’ll be on Dish and my sport’s package also gives me Root as well as all PAC12 games for only $13 per month...I’ll drop the sports package when the Dance begins..
    So it’s only $65 for the season

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    For the past 6 years (Directv) I’ve only missed one GU game (have never gotten exhibition games) and that was the UDub game last season, which was on the PAC12 channels. The next two years I’ll be on Dish and my sport’s package also gives me Root as well as all PAC12 games for only $13 per month...I’ll drop the sports package when the Dance begins..
    So it’s only $65 for the season
    I have had dish since I moved here from Los Angeles 12 years ago and I think I have never missed a zags game because of the sports package. Every out of towner should get it if they can

Not all carriers offer a package that allows you to see the games. Verizon is good, but not all games are available. Not willing to give up the superior internet to switch to dish. However, when I open my brewery... dish is a definite... more for NFL sunday ticket/MLB plus the added benefit of Zag games.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Perhaps this will help DirecTV users, but I found the game on 674-1 ATSWHDa

I hope I paid for this one, too... usually Root NW does the trick.
    Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 11-09-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Perhaps this will helped DirecTV users, but I found the game on 674-1 ATSWHDa

I hope I paid for this one
    Thanks for that, it might just work for me too.
    Birddog

Guyland is right. Not willing to trade Spectrum’s blowtorch Internet — 350 plus mbps — for spotty Dish.

The game is showing as blacked out here in spokane on dish when it's live, then immediately afterwards, there's a replay. It really irritates me when the local channels black out programs that thousands of people want to watch in favor of a game (notre dame football) that maybe 100 people REALLY want to watch. Oh well

I am on Dish in North Idaho. We are receiving the game on ATTRM channel 414 at 9pm. I have no sports package and this channel just showed up recently. Have no idea if it will stick around for the long haul as dish throws things your way on a temporary basis once in awhile. Only found out about it by doing an all channel/program search in the dish search function which is how I find and set up to record games.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Not all carriers offer a package that allows you to see the games. Verizon is good, but not all games are available. Not willing to give up the superior internet to switch to dish. However, when I open my brewery... dish is a definite... more for NFL sunday ticket/MLB plus the added benefit of Zag games.
    I have had dish for the last 12 years so I don't know about any other carrier but is that really true; does not every satellite and/or cable provider not offer a sports package?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Guyland is right. Not willing to trade Spectrum’s blowtorch Internet — 350 plus mbps — for spotty Dish.
    Honest question since they're the only ones I have had for the past 12 years;What makes dish "spotty"?

Quote Originally Posted by North Idaho Zag View Post
    I am on Dish in North Idaho. We are receiving the game on ATTRM channel 414 at 9pm. I have no sports package and this channel just showed up recently. Have no idea if it will stick around for the long haul as dish throws things your way on a temporary basis once in awhile. Only found out about it by doing an all channel/program search in the dish search function which is how I find and set up to record games.
    If you get 426, root sports northwest then you'll get all of the non-ESPN games.

If you get 426, root sports northwest then you'll get all of the non-ESPN games.
    I think he is referring to Dish Internet. No one uses Dish for internet unless they have to (live in a remote, rural area). I have Verizon FIOS for internet and Dish for TV rather than bundling.

If you are worried about weather related outages, I get a few of them for a couple of minutes when extremely violent thunderstorms or snowstorms come through. We are talking less than an hour total of outage over the course of a year; basically negligible. I would think that San Diego would have considerably few thunderstorm and snowstorm risks than Northern Virginia. I would rank that risk as none.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I think he is referring to Dish Internet. No one uses Dish for internet unless they have to (live in a remote, rural area). I have Verizon FIOS for internet and Dish for TV rather than bundling.

If you are worried about weather related outages, I get a few of them for a couple of minutes when extremely violent thunderstorms or snowstorms come through. We are talking less than an hour total of outage over the course of a year; basically negligible. I would think that San Diego would have considerably few thunderstorm and snowstorm risks than Northern Virginia. I would rank that risk as none.
    Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing. I have dish for satellite and U-verse for Internet and where jazz lives, in San Diego he doesn't have to worry about the weather related issues like some of us do.

No, Dish sat TV. We do not get Root sports 426.

Quote Originally Posted by North Idaho Zag View Post
    No, Dish sat TV. We do not get Root sports 426.
    Do you have the regional sports package? I get it on Channel 412-16 on my guide.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Do you have the regional sports package? I get it on Channel 412-16 on my guide.
    That is the exactly same channel here as well. Originally, DISH said Root was on 426 and Tuesday at about 8:45pm I was in panic mode and then found it on 412-16. I also like the PAC-12 Network as well...but
    we lost HBO so no final season of Game of Thrones

I don't think DirecTV carries the PAC-12 Network...