Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call and Pre-Game Social------Creighton game Omaha, NE

Thumbs up Roll Call and Pre-Game Social------Creighton game Omaha, NE

Hey friends. Anybody gonna be in Omaha? I'll be there with Woohoo Jr (and hopefully Mrs. Woohoo, which will probably mean a handful of you will try to make the drive from Spokane, lol).

I know of at least 6 other big zags fans (and friends of mine) who will be making the trek. I know there's not an official alumni get-together, but I'd like to see if anybody has any info on anything planned as of now? Or we can plan one ourselves....??
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Hey WooHoo!

As of today, I will be attending along with some of my cousins from Fargo, ND. We would love to meet up beforehand somewhere. Keep us posted as to time and location.

Thanks and Go Zags!

Hey woohoo, I'll be there. Would love to meet up. Agree with Timbo, keep us posted.
    Last edited by LeightonZag; 11-07-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Yes. Me and Mrs Abe will there!

AWESOME!!

Here I was thinking it would be tough to get a group together!

Yes, let’s all stay in touch, and stay tuned to this thread. I’ll start looking into a convenient place to have a little pregame pow wow!

How are Zag fans securing tickets for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Iíve just been monitoring StubHub.com. I actually havenít even purchased them yet though. I was waiting for lower bowl to go on sale, which finally happened 3-4 days ago. Guess I should buy some soon, lol.

I will be there with my husband and 2 kiddos. Let us know

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I first tried to buy them thru Ticketmaster, counted down til 10:00 the morning they went on sale, watched them all disappear before my eyes in a matter of 30 seconds. Reluctantly went over to bestseatsfast.com and bought 4 tickets at over double the price 5 minutes later.

I don't guess anyone just HAPPENS to be familiar with the area around Chi Health Center? We need a good spot for our pre-game meetup! Preferably within walking distance to the area!!

Let me know if you've got any ideas or info!

I'm from Lincoln so I know the area pretty well. There are a lot of good bars/eats in the near vicinity. The old mattress factory is always a good time and a riot before games. Ill do some digging with my omaha friends and get back to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by LeightonZag View Post
    I'm from Lincoln so I know the area pretty well. There are a lot of good bars/eats in the near vicinity. The old mattress factory is always a good time and a riot before games. Ill do some digging with my omaha friends and get back to everybody.
    Perfect, thanks.

The Old Mattress Factory has come up a few times when I’ve asked people for suggestions. Wherever we go, we’ll need them to be willing to give us either a back room, or at least section off a decent number of tables in the corner/back!

Not the question asked, but if you want a great steak while in Omaha, try Omaha Prime. It's been 15 years since I've been there and I can still remember the Steak. It's about 6 blocks from the arena.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Not the question asked, but if you want a great steak while in Omaha, try Omaha Prime. It's been 15 years since I've been there and I can still remember the Steak. It's about 6 blocks from the arena.
    I'll try to check it out! Thanks. A friend of mine also suggested Stella's for a burger. Heard of that one?

Oh yeah. Stella's is delicious

Bump to get it back on the first page!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I purchased tickets to the Creighton game on stubhub last night. Upper bowl tickets, but I paid $55 a seat (not including all those ridiculous fees!!). Lower bowl tickets on Stub Hub are pricey... I saw some for $299-400 per seat.

Anyways, very excited about this game because it is a FIRST ZAG GAME for my wife and my two sons (age 4 and 2).

GO ZAGS! Check Stubhub as the prices have come down.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Bump to get it back on the first page!
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't even notice this thread! Excited to see the Zags play in the Midwest!

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Hey friends. Anybody gonna be in Omaha? I'll be there with Woohoo Jr (and hopefully Mrs. Woohoo, which will probably mean a handful of you will try to make the drive from Spokane, lol).

I know of at least 6 other big zags fans (and friends of mine) who will be making the trek. I know there's not an official alumni get-together, but I'd like to see if anybody has any info on anything planned as of now? Or we can plan one ourselves....??
    As LeightonZag mentioned, it looks like the Old Mattress Factory will be the place for pre-game. My daughter is a Zag grad, attends grad school at Creighton and is the point-person for the small-but-growing Omaha Gonzaga Alumni Chapter. She knows of 20+ coming including my wife and I flying in from Denver...

Quote Originally Posted by Whalers86 View Post
    As LeightonZag mentioned, it looks like the Old Mattress Factory will be the place for pre-game. My daughter is a Zag grad, attends grad school at Creighton and is the point-person for the small-but-growing Omaha Gonzaga Alumni Chapter. She knows of 20+ coming including my wife and I flying in from Denver...
    I spoke to a manager at the Old Mattress Factory last night, and she said we can 'have' the back room!!! So, pending one other confirmation I need from someone on another matter, we're going to make the Old Mattress Factory the official spot!!

PS- Thanks for the bump willandi.

PSS- Snowkane, AWESOME!!! How fun...

I spoke to a manager at the Old Mattress Factory last night, and she said we can 'have' the back room!!! So, pending one other confirmation I need from someone on another matter, we're going to make the Old Mattress Factory the official spot!!

You can add 4 to the group, I'll know for sure tonight.

Just rec my tix today.

Count me me in +1.

Zag fans gotta stick together on the road, so look fwd to seeing you all there!

Hereís the official info! Just got done talking to the event coordinator at The Old Mattress Factory, and she has our group down for a room in the back of the establishment (holds at least 50) from 11:00-12:30 on game day, December 1st!! Iím going to get there a little bit early and decorate just a little bit with some of the flags and whatnot Iím bringing from home. Hereís the address-

PS- Children/minors are welcome!!!

Address is:
    The Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill
    501 North 13th Street
    Omaha, NE 68102

Hope to see everyone there. Iíll be in my navy blue ĎAmmoí jersey.
    GO ZAGS!!

Here’s the official info! Just got done talking to the event coordinator at The Old Mattress Factory, and she has our group down for a room in the back of the establishment (holds at least 50) from 11:00-12:30 on game day, December 1st!! I’m going to get there a little bit early and decorate just a little bit with some of the flags and whatnot I’m bringing from home. Here’s the address-

PS- Children/minors are welcome!!!

Address is:
    The Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill
    501 North 13th Street
    Omaha, NE 68102

Hope to see everyone there. I’ll be in my navy blue ‘Ammo’ jersey.
    GO ZAGS!!
    I am extremely envious. Wish I could make it. I love the state of Nebraska and have always liked Creighton.

Would it be difficult to get one ticket the day of the game or the day before? Are many tickets available?