View Poll Results: GUnit of the Game - 11. 06. 18 - Idaho State ?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perkins

1 1.02%
  • Clarke

0 0%
  • Hachimura

94 95.92%
  • Norvell

3 3.06%
  • Kispert

0 0%
  • Other. . .

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUnit of the Game - 11. 06. 18 - Idaho State

Default GUnit of the Game - 11. 06. 18 - Idaho State

STATS: https://gozags.com/sidearmstats/mbba...dual;team=home

Hachimura was the ruination of Idaho State's night and the Bengals were outclassed in every meaningful way. 5 Zags hit double figures in scoring; Josh Perkins had 8 assists, zero turnovers. . .Norvell and Crandall were a combined 15-15 from the charity stripe. Petrusev looked pretty good in relief

Who is your player of the game this evening ?

Rui, the first of many this year.
    "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

New career high for Rui (which, I bet is something we’ll say about 5 more times this season). He gets my vote!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Norvell was good, but easy to go w/ Rui tonight. Probably could've scored 50. Lots of rest in the 2nd half for the starters.

^^
    Dissent, insight and contextual discussion makes a website 'sticky' and engaging - not just predictable, safe position fanboyism. Monoculture is uninteresting and lacks intellectual depth.

As a freshman Rui was an athlete playing basketball.
    He is clearly a basketball player who’s athletic now.

As big a no brained as I’ve ever seen. RUI

Rui was clearly THE player of the game this evening. I thought Petrusev did a nice job ( has a great stroke at the FT line ) and will be able to fill some minutes when Clarke gets into foul trouble (hope my prediction is wrong). Props to Perkins for 8/0 Asst/TO ratio. Norvell looked impressive too.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-07-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Truly Rui
    So many brackets, so little time.

I'm not into stats, but if you look it up I bet there were more dunks tonight by GU than in the last 18 years in any game.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Rui was amazing but have to give credit to Snacks for his play and perfect free throws. Also Perks had 8 assists and no turnovers. Good night for the team.

Rui led a collection of excellent performances. Defense fair at best. At this point, Zags can’t stay on the floor with Duke, which will get even better as they gain experience. Blue Devils will only lose on “off” nights; hope one comes against the Zags.

With the dramatically bifurcated schedule, there will be more than a dozen blowouts like this. Fun, but not a lot of growing going on, IMO. Rui and Norvell looked like players on a top 5 team. Jury's out on the rest. Not that they played poorly, just not a test. A&M will yield more and then Maui for the big reveal.

I'm an outlier, I went with Norvell. He played smarter than any Zag on the court esp. in the first half. Rui was amazing but it was a little bit like watching somebody at Sea World feeding baby seals to an Orca.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I'm an outlier, I went with Norvell. He played smarter than any Zag on the court esp. in the first half. Rui was amazing but it was a little bit like watching somebody at Sea World feeding baby seals to an Orca.
    I voted for Rui, but I agree with you about Norvell, his play was smart and aggressive on both ends of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Rui was clearly THE player of the game this evening. I thought Petrusev did a nice job ( has a great stroke at the FT line ) and will be able to fill some minutes when Clarke gets into foul trouble (hope my prediction is wrong). Props to Perkins for 8/0 Asst/TO ratio. Norvell looked impressive too.
    The way the refs are calling the touch fouls will be the only thing that keeps Clarke off the floor. I hope the zebras dial it back a notch (and soon).

Voted Rui. He and Zach are going to be unstoppable.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Rui -- he could have gone off for 50 if he played longer. He is special and it's going to be fun to watch.
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

We scored 120 points, with ZN and Geno combining for 3-13 from three. We could have legitimately gone for 135 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    We scored 120 points, with ZN and Geno combining for 3-13 from three. We could have legitimately gone for 135 tonight.
    This isn't a complaint or anything, and I have nothing good/bad to say about that stat. Was just pointing out an observation I had that I thought was kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    This isn't a complaint or anything, and I have nothing good/bad to say about that stat. Was just pointing out an observation I had that I thought was kind of interesting.
    You are SOOOOO critical woohoo. Hahahaha

Have to go with Rui, but Norvell was fantastic as well. Rebounding, steals, free throws, 23 pts. Great all around game.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I didn’t get to watch the game until last night. I agree with you regarding Norvell and was one of his paltry votes. Rui was amazing to watch on offense and the team is rich in talent. I liked the determination on Petrusev’s face in both of the last games. He’s going to be a killer. All in all, the coaches have plenty of ground to cover in film sessions.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

With apologies to The Kingsmen (and anyone under the age of 50 who will probably not have a clue what this post is about):

Rui, Rui, woah yeah, Zags gonna go now
    Aye-yi-yi-yi
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Well this was a runaway.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!