Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JWIII playing for the Lakers tonight

Thanks for the videos ZN. Great stuff. JWIII is so genuine and likable. I’m thrilled for him. Hope his coaches and teammates in Spokane got to watch him!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Best of both worlds. JW3 excels, ensures further look from LA if not other NBA teams; the Lebronwood Lakers lose.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Four Zags "bigs" currently in the NBA. Are you paying attention Drew Timme?
    To add a bit more fuel to the fire, from ESPN:

Robert Williams, the Celtics' first-round pick in this year's NBA draft, made his debut, playing 3˝ minutes in the third quarter without getting anything on his stat line.

Wonderful news.

Seems like owners/coaches have to have eyes opened.

Also seems like it would be hard to send him back to D-League if he played better than their regular rotation.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Default Gives me chills, much deserved

Playing wayyy better than Zubac, even in pre-season.

High motor, great defense, engaged, making plays.

Too cool.

Still can't believe they didn't keep him after his pre-season performances, maybe Lebron gave him a ring to return?

Either way, keep it up J3!

What a cool interview. Thanks for posting, ZN.

Thrilled ….that is the word I was searching for....if Labron wants him to stay....he will...obviously they need some tough lunch pail guys willing to work every play...they have enough pretty boys ...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Best of both worlds. JW3 excels, ensures further look from LA if not other NBA teams; the Lebronwood Lakers lose.
    so fitting.

A few more showings like that and he just might make the roster
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Wonderful news.

Seems like owners/coaches have to have eyes opened.

Also seems like it would be hard to send him back to D-League if he played better than their regular rotation.
    From a business perspective the Lakers wont even think about signing him to a contract until his 45 days are almost up under the "two way" contract he signed. Right now Lakers have the exclusive rights to him and they only have to pay him for games where he suits up or days where he practices (approx $4800 a day) If they really like him look for him to sign a prorated deal sometime after the first of the year that will keep him with the Lakers until the end of the season at which point he will be a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Why the Labronhate from some of you? Family man that stays out of trouble, gives back to the community, and arguably one of the two best basketball players to ever lace them up?
    Or is it Lakerhate? which I get.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    Why the Labronhate from some of you? Family man that stays out of trouble, gives back to the community, and arguably one of the two best basketball players to ever lace them up?
    Bron is aces. I live in SD and get a face full of Laker hype and propaganda 24-7. Love Mag, too, but detest Pelinka and the Bussss's.

Because he has never committed a foul in his life and whines incessantly whenever he gets called for one and despite being a genetic god, flops all over the place like a goldfish that fell out of his tank. I will never forget serval years ago in a playoff game versus the Pacers with 20,000 Indiana fans chanting in unison "he's a flopper". It was a beautiful thing. But lets not derail this thread please. It is about someone who is completely opposite of LeBron, a humble self-effacing player that lets his actions speak for itself. Let's keep the thread about JW three please. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nish_mode View Post
    This can’t be the same J3 from summer league. Lol
    During summer league nobody shared the ball other than J3. He was a total team player, setting screens, switching on D, and staying back to rebound. I believe that is why he's on the team. No drama just a show up and do my job guy. That's what a team needs coming off the bench. A true Gonzaga type player. Now he needs to develop a jump shot and free throw stroke to keep him in the league.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Because he has never committed a foul in his life and whines incessantly whenever he gets called for one and despite being a genetic god, flops all over the place like a goldfish that fell out of his tank. I will never forget serval years ago in a playoff game versus the Pacers with 20,000 Indiana fans chanting in unison "he's a flopper". It was a beautiful thing. But lets not derail this thread please. It is about someone who is completely opposite of LeBron, a humble self-effacing player that lets his actions speak for itself. Let's keep the thread about JW three please. Thanks
    Now that Ginobilli is retired ,Harden and Steph worst floppers in the league. Lebron isn't even top 10

Default No hate here

Labron is my favorite non Zag player of all time.

I don't know about anybody here, but I think many people just dislike greatness. I suspect it's because it makes them feel inadequate. But, I don't know.

LeBron is an amazing. Given very little in life but his own talents. Works hard. Smart as hell. Seems like a good dude too, but I don't know him.

From a business perspective the Lakers wont even think about signing him to a contract until his 45 days are almost up under the "two way" contract he signed. Right now Lakers have the exclusive rights to him and they only have to pay him for games where he suits up or days where he practices (approx $4800 a day) If they really like him look for him to sign a prorated deal sometime after the first of the year that will keep him with the Lakers until the end of the season at which point he will be a free agent.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to explain. I don't know anything about how the NBA works on the business side. What you say makes sense.

As for the thread twist, I love Lebron for the simple reason that genetic god or not, natural talent or not, he came into the league with as much hype as anyone, then proceeded to work his tail off to improve and is a team guy with respect to goals.

There may be guys that work just as hard, but it's difficult to imagine a guy who works harder than him, and he seems to have a big heart.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I’m up and down on Lebron. There is no doubt he is a great basketball player, but he has some things about him to dislike. However, I grew up rooting for Larry Bird and the Celtics, so that makes seeing all of these Zags in yellow a little hard to stomach.

Lakers' forum has a really nice write up:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...ct-spurs-recap

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I respect and admire Labron's character and values....extremely intelligent and articulate...

You better not like almost any super star then. They all cry and whine
    Love the zags for life

Flopping complaints are so weird to me. It is smart since it goes virtually unchecked, calls are so subjective, and most players do it. Most guys notorious for getting a lot of calls and flopping are also guys that attack the hoop hard and take some serious falls and abuse from defenders.

JW3 was so fun to watch in that game. It was obvious pretty quickly he should've made the team over Zubic. When you have LeBron, a great passer who draws so much attention, having a guy that can finish strong is such a key piece. Kuzma and James were keeping that game within 10 the whole time, with no one else really providing much of a spark until Williams came in. Hopefully he earned himself a more permanent spot.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I respect and admire Labron's character and values....extremely intelligent and articulate...
    Me too! The LeBron bashing here is baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Thank you very much for taking the time to explain. I don't know anything about how the NBA works on the business side. What you say makes sense.

As for the thread twist, I love Lebron for the simple reason that genetic god or not, natural talent or not, he came into the league with as much hype as anyone, then proceeded to work his tail off to improve and is a team guy with respect to goals.

There may be guys that work just as hard, but it's difficult to imagine a guy who works harder than him, and he seems to have a big heart.
    In addition, he married his HS sweetheart, has children only with her and no hint of scandal, has helped thousands of young blacks get through school and on to college, and just, if memory serves me, opened a HS for young, angry students, from broken homes and headed the wrong way, to offer them a path to a better future.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!