Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JWIII playing for the Lakers tonight

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    In addition, he married his HS sweetheart, has children only with her and no hint of scandal, has helped thousands of young blacks get through school and on to college, and just, if memory serves me, opened a HS for young, angry students, from broken homes and headed the wrong way, to offer them a path to a better future.
    I think the whole "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" fiasco left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouths, and deservedly so at the time. However over the years since then he's matured and I know that my opinion of him has certainly gotten a lot more positive, especially in regards to non-basketball stuff.

Here's a nice piece about Johnathan I don't think I've seen posted here previously: https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/1810...ance-nba-debut

He kicked A** out there and even was praised by Bron. Keep it up JW3!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    He kicked A** out there and even was praised by Bron. Keep it up JW3!
    If Lebron wants him playing up with the big team and on the floor, he'll be playing with the big team and on the floor.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    If Lebron wants him playing up with the big team and on the floor, he'll be playing with the big team and on the floor.
    +1

I think he has been a de facto coach for years. They seem to pair him with burgeoning coaches and I’m guessing it’s for a reason. One of the crazy and impressive things about him as a player is that veterans were deferring to him very early on in his career. If JW3 keeps running the pick and roll with Lebron like I saw him doing it will be hard to keep him off the floor, in my opinion.

He is only behind Anthony Davis in blocks per game...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    He is only behind Anthony Davis in blocks per game...
    He should ask for a raise!!

Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Me too! The LeBron bashing here is baffling to me.
    If I were a player I wouldn’t want to play with LeBron. It would be like playing with God.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    If I were a player I wouldn’t want to play with LeBron. It would be like playing with God.
    just jumped the shark tank
    Dissent, insight and contextual discussion makes a website 'sticky' and engaging - not just predictable, safe position fanboyism. Monoculture is uninteresting and lacks intellectual depth.

Came in earlier tonight and had a couple of short, rough stretches. Still finished with 7/5 with 1 assist in 20 minutes. He did also get 5 fouls!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Admittedly I don't pay much attention to random young big players coming of the bench, but it seems like this recent swath of Cs and PFs we've sent to the league have been remarkably foul prone. JWIII has 9 fouls in 17 minutes). I seem to remember long stretches of Kelly's rookie year when he was racking up fouls fast as anyone in the league, and Collins always picks up a bunch too. Maybe I'll start looking at some of my favorite non-zag college players a bit more closely and see if this is a Gonzaga specific trend.

Quote Originally Posted by zag944 View Post
    Admittedly I don't pay much attention to random young big players coming of the bench, but it seems like this recent swath of Cs and PFs we've sent to the league have been remarkably foul prone. JWIII has 9 fouls in 17 minutes). I seem to remember long stretches of Kelly's rookie year when he was racking up fouls fast as anyone in the league, and Collins always picks up a bunch too. Maybe I'll start looking at some of my favorite non-zag college players a bit more closely and see if this is a Gonzaga specific trend.
    You have to remember in this last game that Walton had just jumped all over his team for lack of defensive intensity. JWIII certainly seems to have taken that into account with his performance. Walton gave him minutes.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Jw3 getting time again!
    Love the zags for life

Jokic giving j3 trouble. Too small but jw3 working!
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Good stuff! Thanks!

I went to the Lakers game last night. It was fun seeing JWIII in the NBA. It was weird seeing him overlooked completely on offense. He is doing what they want though. He was setting good screens, playing good defense, using up his fouls, and grabbing rebounds in his short time on the court. It was cool seeing him playing with LeBron. I snapped this picture of LeBron taking free throws and JWIII on the block.

Bring back the OCC

Cool picture!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus