Thread: Leon Rice mentioned in list for high-major candidates

Default Leon Rice mentioned in list for high-major candidates

https://watchstadium.com/news/these-...ms-10-13-2018/

He should be WSU'S next Coach (he's an alum) after Ernie gets canned by the new Prez.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

Why would you wish that on him? A very few coaches have been successful there, but it's mostly a coaching graveyard.

Anyway I thought you said high major...

That's a long list. Guaranteed most of those guys flop when they move on to bigger jobs. Same as it's always been. So many coaches become the next hot thing after a big run in the Tourney, only to disappear some years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I thought you said high major...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU
    "The thing that doesn't get talked about enough with Gonzaga is that they play for each other ... You can see it in everything they do, the way they celebrate for each other's baskets, the way they talk to each other on the floor, the way they come in and out on timeouts, the way they huddle. That for me is the most impressive thing. They've got an unbelievable amount of talent, but man do they play for each other, more than a lot of people." USD HC Sam Scholl

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Why would you wish that on him? A very few coaches have been successful there, but it's mostly a coaching graveyard.

Anyway I thought you said high major...
    There's usually a big pull to ones' alma mater. And though it's "mostly" a coaching graveyard, several have had decent success.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    There's usually a big pull to ones' alma mater. And though it's "mostly" a coaching graveyard, several have had decent success.
    Yes, I still recall the toughness of the Clay Thompson team.

It takes a very special coach, seems Leon has as much going for him as anyone.

I hope Billy gets another shot. Tough for me to tell whether anyone could've gotten out from under the situation he was in, such a good guy I hope he gets other offers.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

WSU is a great opportunity to get to the big time without the pressure to win today....Tony being the best example of how to do it...Go Cougs….