Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lakers Sign Johnathan Williams to Two-Way Contract

Default Lakers Sign Johnathan Williams to Two-Way Contract

EL SEGUNDO – The Los Angeles Lakers have signed forward Johnathan Williams to a two-way contract, it was announced today. In a related move, the Lakers have requested waivers on forward Travis Wear.

Williams (6-9, 230) played in all six preseason games for the Lakers, averaging 6.8 points (.516 FG%) and 4.3 rebounds in 14.5 minutes per game.

Per NBA rules, teams are permitted to have up to two players under two-way contracts on their roster at any given time, in addition to their 15-man regular season roster. The Lakers roster remains at 16, including two two-way players.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/...ve-travis-wear

Way to go JWIII!

This is wonderful news.

Great kid, great Zag, will very much miss his thunder flush dunks from underneath this year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Really happy for this young man...seems like he made the great choice of leaving UM for GU...good things have been happening to him since...

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Whoopie!!

What's the deal with 2-way contracts? https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/...ied-about-them

Add another pro jersey to the MAC wall of heros. Way to go J3!

That’s fantastic news. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving player. He is the type of player that makes me proud to be a GU fan/alum. Hard working, humble, quietly confident (until he needs to be fierce). We only know what we see (limited) but by all accounts JW3 is a quality human being.

Congrats to JW3

Congratulations JWIII!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Awesome awesome awesome.

Congrats J3!!!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Congrats J3!!!
    Ditto, ditto, ditto
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Wow! JW3 representing the Zags on the Lakers is a dream come true. I couldn’t be more happy for him.

Nice! Congrats, Jonathan!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    What's the deal with 2-way contracts? https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/...ied-about-them
    kind of like being on the JV but you get to suit up varsity and get a few minutes from time to time. JW will play mainly with the South Bay Lakers in the G-League, but can play up to 45 days (combined practice and game days) with the Lakers and get paid NBA minimum for those days.
    --upside is that he is officially a Laker and he is guaranteed anywhere from 75k (if he never gets called up) up to 385k (if he gets all 45 days in with the big boys)
    --downside is that the NBA court time isnt guaranteed and if another NBA team likes him, they cant call him up because he is property of the Lakers
    The Nuggets twoway guy last year, Torey Craig, impressed them enough that they offered him a regular roster spot this year and he is a rotation guy this season. It is a pretty good path to the NBA if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    kind of like being on the JV but you get to suit up varsity and get a few minutes from time to time. JW will play mainly with the South Bay Lakers in the G-League, but can play up to 45 days (combined practice and game days) with the Lakers and get paid NBA minimum for those days.
    --upside is that he is officially a Laker and he is guaranteed anywhere from 75k (if he never gets called up) up to 385k (if he gets all 45 days in with the big boys)
    --downside is that the NBA court time isnt guaranteed and if another NBA team likes him, they cant call him up because he is property of the Lakers
    The Nuggets twoway guy last year, Torey Craig, impressed them enough that they offered him a regular roster spot this year and he is a rotation guy this season. It is a pretty good path to the NBA if you ask me.
    He was listed as on the roster AND on the bench for last nights game.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    He was listed as on the roster AND on the bench for last nights game.
    With the friendly exchange between Rockets and Lakers last night, he might even see some resulting PT if suspensions are handed out.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    With the friendly exchange between Rockets and Lakers last night, he might even see some resulting PT if suspensions are handed out.

I thought that the ejections might get him into the game but, alas, It was not to be... LAST NIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post

Yep. I’m guessing Ingram will get lengthy suspension for first shoving Harden in the back, which started all the chirping that led to Rondo and CP3, then flying in late and throwing a haymaker at CP3. NBA will and should come heavy w fines and suspensions after this incident to send strong message to players this league will never abide such NHL like behavior.

Rondo probably did spit in CP3’s face and he compounded his error by throwing the first punch. He will get heavy fine and suspension too. If league can confirm Rondo spit in his face, all CP3 did was stand up for himself. He’ll still get fined and suspended a game or two, but I bet Ingram and Rondo get suspended 5+ games.

You gotta be careful with CP3, watch your onions.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Ingram suspended for 4 games. Hope JWIII gets called up.

Rondo 3 game suspension; CP3 2 games.

http://http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/25044724/how-lakers-rockets-adjust-chris-paul-rajon-rondo-brandon-ingram-suspensions-nba

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Ingram suspended for 4 games. Hope JWIII gets called up.

Rondo 3 game suspension; CP3 2 games.

http://http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/25044724/how-lakers-rockets-adjust-chris-paul-rajon-rondo-brandon-ingram-suspensions-nba
    He was dressed last night, or so the box score showed.

There was a shot if him on the bench, dressed, and talking to another player during a timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    There was a shot if him on the bench, dressed, and talking to another player during a timeout.
    Dressed in street clothes or in uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Dressed in street clothes or in uniform?
    I would assume a uni if he was on the bench. Dressed is also a term that implies uni.