Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zach Collins

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    I'm a Nuggets season ticket holder and have watched just about every minute of that series. Collins is really playing well off the bench for the Blazers. He isnt really stopping Joker from doing his thing, but he is making him work really hard. He is a really solid NBA 5 that is going to play a long time in the league
    Collins has made a helluva lot of money for himself in the last 2 weeks in future earnings. He'll have a long future and his next contract is going to be $BIG!

Zebo has been awesome defensively. He was special last night. Check out his defensive highlights from last night at this Blazer's fan site. If not for his defense, the Blazers would've lost the series. Now it's back to Denver for game 7.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2019/5/1...o-nba-playoffs

Default OT..Zbo shines

Zbo with 14 pts, 5 blocks, 4 rebs in 29m last night. Awesome.

Didn't watch but saw the stats this A.M.

Big game. 5 blocks in an NBA PLAYOFF GAME! Are you kidding me?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Didn't watch but saw the stats this A.M.

Big game. 5 blocks in an NBA PLAYOFF GAME! Are you kidding me?
    He’d be a rising senior.

Five blocks doesn't begin to tell the story. There should be a stat for changed shots. I counted four in that category.

Another overlooked facet of his game is his skill at setting screens. Sometimes things like that go unnoticed by the casual fan. Hubie Brown noticed.

Biggest surprise is how he held up strength wise against Jokic. Zach looks like he could still put on fifteen to twenty pounds of muscle without affecting his athleticism.

I believe he was 1-3 from three. If he can increase his percentage there with the gifted moves he has in the paint, back up the Brinks truck.

The only disappointment in watching was the number of times Zach was wide open and McCollum and Lillard ignored him.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    I believe he was 1-3 from three. If he can increase his percentage there with the gifted moves he has in the paint, back up the Brinks truck.
    Considering Zach Collins performance over the past couple of weeks, when it counts the most, I am certain the Brinks truck is already in reverse for him. His next contract is going to be very, VERY lucrative.

Five blocks doesn't begin to tell the story. There should be a stat for changed shots. I counted four in that category.

Another overlooked facet of his game is his skill at setting screens. Sometimes things like that go unnoticed by the casual fan. Hubie Brown noticed.

Biggest surprise is how he held up strength wise against Jokic. Zach looks like he could still put on fifteen to twenty pounds of muscle without affecting his athleticism.

The only disappointment in watching was the number of times Zach was wide open and McCollum and Lillard ignored him.
    Thought the same thing as I watched him work so hard setting screens and such only to watch DL or CJ hoist up tough shots. He probably had another 2-3 blocks that were negated by a teammates' foul as well. He also played from the 4:00 min mark of the 3rd quarter until the end of the game without coming out. This shows the confidence the coaching staff has in him. I also loved at the end of game 5 how him stood up to Jokic. "back the ---- up!"

Zach has really been a red-ass and an agitator on the court and is managing to do it without being a goon. I have really been enjoying watching him stick up for his teammates and get in the face of some of the marquee players in the league.

That hit he took from Jokic looked like it should have caved in his chest but he was right there helping out Seth Curry in that little scuffle that came immediately after. It has been fun to watch his toughness out there.

ESPN put up graphic...only person to put up those kind of numbers coming off the bench in the last 10 years....all about the blocks for sure.

it came and went so fast I didn't quite catch it all...anybody recall seeing it during the game?

and Zach got decked by Jorkic offensive foul and 4 technicals followed...1 for Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    ESPN put up graphic...only person to put up those kind of numbers coming off the bench in the last 10 years....all about the blocks for sure.

it came and went so fast I didn't quite catch it all...anybody recall seeing it during the game?

and Zach got decked by Jorkic offensive foul and 4 technicals followed...1 for Z
    Watched the whole game and Zach looked great. Still his biggest issue is staying on the court, he is extremely foul prone. Putting on 15 pounds would help but a lot of it is he jumps at everything. Really makes you appreciate how good of a shot blocker Clarke was this year, he was able to block/alter so many shots without getting into foul trouble. The Jokic play is being blown out of proportion, Zach really didn't get hit that hard, he had just already left his feet as Jokic was moving towards him and with Jokic being a massive human being it looks bad. Nothing more than a charge and there was no maliciousness from Jokic. Loved how Zach got up and immediately was there for his teammates though, goes a long ways for locker room camaraderie.

Collins and Hood came into the game less than a minute apart in the first quarter with their team trailing by 10. They played the remainder of the half and helped their team to a 32-20 edge in the second period.Collins racked up 14 points, four rebounds and five blocked shots and brought his usual snarly attitude into the game with him.
    “It’s just his defensive mindset,” said Evan Turner, who didn’t take a shot but had seven rebounds and seven assists.
    “He was huge,” Hood said of Collins. “He was huge. He finished around the basket, I don’t know the stat how many shots he changed, blocks, defensively what he did. He’s been a huge part of this whole series with his infectious energy on the defensive end.”
    Coach Terry Stotts said, “Well, (Collins) had a big impact on the game. The fact that he was able to impact the game at the defensive end and stay out of foul trouble, it was important for him.
    McCollum, who scored 30 points, talked about Hood and Collins. “They were great,” he said. “They’ve been killing this whole series. Rodney’s been exceptional in the midrange, dominating the block, hitting threes. Zach has impeccable timing. He’s going to lead the NBA in blocks in the future for sure. He’s fearless. He’s giving us a different dynamic.”
    And that energy…
    “That’s my job,” Collins said, “to come in and bring energy off the bench. It’s kind of been my job since I got here.”
    https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/...-denver-game-7

He went for the.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Watched the whole game and Zach looked great. Still his biggest issue is staying on the court, he is extremely foul prone. Putting on 15 pounds would help but a lot of it is he jumps at everything. Really makes you appreciate how good of a shot blocker Clarke was this year, he was able to block/alter so many shots without getting into foul trouble. The Jokic play is being blown out of proportion, Zach really didn't get hit that hard, he had just already left his feet as Jokic was moving towards him and with Jokic being a massive human being it looks bad. Nothing more than a charge and there was no maliciousness from Jokic. Loved how Zach got up and immediately was there for his teammates though, goes a long ways for locker room camaraderie.
    I didn't see this game, but based on the ones I saw last weekend, this is an entirely different person. He got away with many, including the elbow to Kanter's injure shoulder at the FT box.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Trailblazers in win or go home playoff game and Zach Collins steps up big time to help his team survive. Game 7 on Sunday.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

He should have stayed...��

That's great that Collins had a big game, but let's not get carried away. Lilllard and McCollum have been carrying the Blazers for years and have been outstanding in the playoffs. To think either one is going to stop shooting the ball now is just being silly. Both went for 30 or more last night, and both were right around 50% shooting from the floor. Portland goes as they go. Hood also had a big 25 points off the bench for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Zbo with 14 pts, 5 blocks, 4 rebs in 29m last night. Awesome.
    Only 2 fouls in 29 minutes. Getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    That's great that Collins had a big game, but let's not get carried away. Lilllard and McCollum have been carrying the Blazers for years and have been outstanding in the playoffs. To think either one is going to stop shooting the ball now is just being silly. Both went for 30 or more last night, and both were right around 50% shooting from the floor. Portland goes as they go. Hood also had a big 25 points off the bench for them.
    No one is denying the Blazer guards are terrific, but just as the Bonus prospered when he got away from Westbrook, I believe Zbo would as well on another team that shares the ball more evenly. That will come....

Nice article from Zach Lowe regarding Collins:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...righter-future
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    No one is denying the Blazer guards are terrific, but just as the Bonus prospered when he got away from Westbrook, I believe Zbo would as well on another team that shares the ball more evenly. That will come....
    Exactly right. I love watching those two play. Both fearless. Both just go about their business with little to no extracurricular shenanigans.

They do have teammates and one of them is capable of doing damage with uncontested shots as opposed to fifteen foot floaters with guys hanging all over them.

In a way there is a stat for that:

On defense, Collins has been a menace protecting the basket; opponents have shot just 46 percent in the restricted area in the playoffs with Collins nearby, eighth stingiest among 48 players who have contested at least four such shots per game.

This quote from this excellent article on Collins from ESPN's Zach Lowe.

Thanks PP.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Rough game 7 for portland shooters from 3. Zach rough game so far with fouls and shooting.
    Love the zags for life