Thread: Zach Collins

Hybrid View

Default Zach Collins

Opening night against the Lakers in a Trailblazers win, Zach came up 1 shy of 4 of a kind.

He had 6 points, 6 rebounds, 6 blocks, but only 5 fouls in 24 minutes. 3-4 shooting too.
    It's not funny.

Leads the NBA in blocks if only for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by azzagfan View Post
    Leads the NBA in blocks if only for a day.
    Zach is averaging 8.3 blocks per 36! :P

Here's a nice video from NBC Sports NW about how well Zach is doing so far this year

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/...ed-role-season
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

From the Ringer.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...damian-lillard

Second-year center Zach Collins has given the Blazers sensational minutes off the bench behind Nurkic, opening eyes as the sort of futuristic 7-footer every team’s looking for. He’s shooting 22-for-31 inside the 3-point arc and 6-for-12 beyond it, while holding up as a defender in space and backtracking to protect the rim, nearly tripling his block rate from a year ago. Through the season’s first two weeks, the Blazers have performed significantly better with Collins on the floor than off it, especially on the defensive end; his marriage of defensive mobility and increasing offensive polish might make him Terry Stotts’s ideal antidote to the Pelicans’ fast-moving frontcourt.

Now...if Zack was still at Gonzaga......I don't want to think about it....he definitely did the right thing ….

Zach got into some emotional plays last night is a win over the Lakers. Worth a google or two...

Regarding Zach in last nights win over Golden State:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/skip-ba...070134988.html

Likely not good for ZC that blazers signed Enes Kanter

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Likely not good for ZC that blazers signed Enes Kanter
    Nope, not good at all. Getting DNP-CDs now.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Nope, not good at all. Getting DNP-CDs now.
    That's life in the NBA. He had another DNP-CD last night.

Last year, Mavericks anointed Dennis Smith, Jr. as their "future". That lasted until they picked up Luka. NBA is difficult to watch, as far as I'm concerned with all the player movement and tanking.

He was fun to watch tonight. Love his quickness as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Default OT..Zbo shines

Zbo with 14 pts, 5 blocks, 4 rebs in 29m last night. Awesome.

Didn't watch but saw the stats this A.M.

Big game. 5 blocks in an NBA PLAYOFF GAME! Are you kidding me?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Didn't watch but saw the stats this A.M.

Big game. 5 blocks in an NBA PLAYOFF GAME! Are you kidding me?
    He’d be a rising senior.

Five blocks doesn't begin to tell the story. There should be a stat for changed shots. I counted four in that category.

Another overlooked facet of his game is his skill at setting screens. Sometimes things like that go unnoticed by the casual fan. Hubie Brown noticed.

Biggest surprise is how he held up strength wise against Jokic. Zach looks like he could still put on fifteen to twenty pounds of muscle without affecting his athleticism.

I believe he was 1-3 from three. If he can increase his percentage there with the gifted moves he has in the paint, back up the Brinks truck.

The only disappointment in watching was the number of times Zach was wide open and McCollum and Lillard ignored him.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    I believe he was 1-3 from three. If he can increase his percentage there with the gifted moves he has in the paint, back up the Brinks truck.
    Considering Zach Collins performance over the past couple of weeks, when it counts the most, I am certain the Brinks truck is already in reverse for him. His next contract is going to be very, VERY lucrative.

Five blocks doesn't begin to tell the story. There should be a stat for changed shots. I counted four in that category.

Another overlooked facet of his game is his skill at setting screens. Sometimes things like that go unnoticed by the casual fan. Hubie Brown noticed.

Biggest surprise is how he held up strength wise against Jokic. Zach looks like he could still put on fifteen to twenty pounds of muscle without affecting his athleticism.

The only disappointment in watching was the number of times Zach was wide open and McCollum and Lillard ignored him.
    Thought the same thing as I watched him work so hard setting screens and such only to watch DL or CJ hoist up tough shots. He probably had another 2-3 blocks that were negated by a teammates' foul as well. He also played from the 4:00 min mark of the 3rd quarter until the end of the game without coming out. This shows the confidence the coaching staff has in him. I also loved at the end of game 5 how him stood up to Jokic. "back the ---- up!"

In a way there is a stat for that:

On defense, Collins has been a menace protecting the basket; opponents have shot just 46 percent in the restricted area in the playoffs with Collins nearby, eighth stingiest among 48 players who have contested at least four such shots per game.

This quote from this excellent article on Collins from ESPN's Zach Lowe.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Zbo with 14 pts, 5 blocks, 4 rebs in 29m last night. Awesome.
    Only 2 fouls in 29 minutes. Getting better.