Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zach Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Rough game 7 for portland shooters from 3. Zach rough game so far with fouls and shooting.
    Zach was playing really well defensively. And - much like the National Championship - received two BS foul calls in the first half that have loomed large for his PT in the second half.

As he continues to get stronger he is going to be a force in this league.

He's getting a lot of good minutes and is doing so well. Love it!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Playing great.

Zcollins has a attitude that can rub people wrong. If he can limit fouls, he will be a star soon
    Love the zags for life

Collins setting up his next contract..very nice

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Playing great.
    Besides the fouls. He is foul prone rn.
    Love the zags for life

Great game.
    Love the zags for life

Besides the fouls. He is foul prone rn.
    2 of them in the first half were completely bs though. 2 were legit and 1 was 50/50.

He's got to put in the time and build up a reputation before he'll start getting the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    2 of them in the first half were completely bs though. 2 were legit and 1 was 50/50.

He's got to put in the time and build up a reputation before he'll start getting the benefit of the doubt.
    Yes it happens in nba. You dont get the love.
    Love the zags for life

I love how McCollum (game MVP, maybe series) in the on court interview after the game, when questioned about being doubted and his source of motivation, immediately says "I'm a product of Lehigh University, It's about showing up every night and keeping the door open for the next mid-major."

Rough game 7 for portland shooters from 3. Zach rough game so far with fouls and shooting.
    Blazers came back to win 100-96!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Strange series. Huge emotional lift for Portland winning game 3 in 4 OTs and taking the lead in the series. I figured they would go up 3-1 and Denver would be done. Nuggets bounce back to win Game 4 in Portland and get a blowout in Game 5 to go up 3-2. Then I figured Portland was done. So...shows how little I know. Congrats to the Blazers. Haven't been to the conference finals in forever! Big underdogs against GS but Durant is going to be out for most of that series. We'll see. And all of this without the injured Nurkic, who is certainly a better starting C than Kantner.

Portland has been my pick to win it all....today they really pulled a rabbit out of a hat.....huge comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post

The charge right after the BS no call on the other end... That went beyond having a rep or not... that was just bad officiating
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Blazers came back to win 100-96!
    Yes im so glad!!
    Love the zags for life

Generally am pretty bemused by JVG and Jackson but their constant praise of Collins these last few games has been nice. I really enjoy the flow of the Blazers game. Lillard and CJ are both gunners but no one ever seems stagnant or useless out there for them.

I don't really think the Westbrook/Sabonis comparison on the last page of this thread is very similar at all to be honest. Donovan's offense at the NBA level is generally pretty miserable to watch, and he seemingly had zero idea what DS even did well. He had like 3x as many three point attempts his rookie season as he did in his two Pacers years combined.

Nice article in the Spokesman today about Zach:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...elongs-in-nba/
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Thanks for posting...

From Oregon Live today:

The Trail Blazers have exercised team options on Zach Collins and Anfernee Simons, potentially keeping the burgeoning young players in Portland through at least the 2020-21 season.
    Collins, who is entering his third NBA season, has played in 143 games during his first two seasons, averaging 5.6 points and 3.8 rebounds. He battled foul trouble and inconsistency for much of his second season, but blossomed during the Blazers’ surprising run to the Western Conference finals.

In his final 10 postseason games, Collins averaged 8.1 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.6 blocks, emerging as an important frontcourt presence as the Blazers played without injured center Jusuf Nurkic. Collins punctuated his solid play with memorable performances in Games 6 and 7 of the Western Conference semifinals, when he recorded 21 points, 10 rebounds and nine blocks to help the Blazers narrowly defeat the Denver Nuggets.

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Story from Yahoo sports

Zach Collins, 30 pounds heavier, is stronger and has a medal to prove it

Collins started at power forward Tuesday against Denver and played the most of any Trail Blazer. He went 23:54, hit five of 12 shots, scored 10 points while collecting six rebounds. He said his injured left middle finger didn't hurt, after it kept him out of practice for a few days.

"Offensively, it was our first preseason game and there are some kinks we've got to work out," Collins said. "There are some details on offense we've got to get worked out. But I was really happy. I was encouraged."

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Dang, thats too bad but I guess its early in the season So best wishes for Collins

Look at Zach's shoulders and arms in that oregonlive photo. he has really filed out from when he was an 18 yo frosh at GU.

Hope he is back in action soon.

ZZ

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...oulder-surgery

Collins to have shoulder surgery.

Per the Blazers, Collins will be re-evaluated in 4 months

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...oulder-surgery