Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 464

Thread: Timme's Decision is Coming...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default Timme's Decision is Coming...


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,301

    Default

    Hope he chooses the Zags... but not getting my hopes too high.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Hope he chooses the Zags... but not getting my hopes too high.
    Right with you. He visited Alabama this last weekend and Illinios this coming weekend, so when you look at school size of the rest of his visits we are the major outlier.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Hope he chooses the Zags... but not getting my hopes too high.
    He'll be at 2nd fiddle programs to football with Alabama and Texas A&M.

    Who knows what is going to happen to Arizona after the Adidas case is over?

    The Illinois program is at least respectable.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    I'm not sure why, but I think he's picking Texas A&M. Hope it's the Zags though, obviously.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    I'm not sure why, but I think he's picking Texas A&M. Hope it's the Zags thought, obviously.
    Probably because 247 crystal ball has 5 of their 9 experts picking A&M.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Right with you. He visited Alabama this last weekend and Illinios this coming weekend, so when you look at school size of the rest of his visits we are the major outlier.
    Flipside to that is he'd be BMOC at GU, heck he'd be the talk of the entire city of Spokane.

    Size of the school isn't what worries me as much as the draw of a local team.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Probably because 247 crystal ball has 5 of their 9 experts picking A&M.
    I didn't even look at that, my apologies.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Flipside to that is he'd be BMOC at GU, heck he'd be the talk of the entire city of Spokane.

    Size of the school isn't what worries me as much as the draw of a local team.
    Would he though? Next to Anton Watson and Arlauskas? Aren't they also Top-50 recruits?
    GU Class of '10, MUSC Class of '14

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Right with you. He visited Alabama this last weekend and Illinios this coming weekend, so when you look at school size of the rest of his visits we are the major outlier.
    I've read the Illinois board several times and they think they have zero chance.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,300

    Default

    I find it unseemly for some self absorbed high school kid to have a news conference to announce his choice of what college will be so fortunate as to have him play there ....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I've read the Illinois board several times and they think they have zero chance.
    From what I have been reading I think it's a 3 team race between A&M, Alabama, and GU. I personally believe that GU is probably a slight favorite simply because of his fit and getting him to the pros. I have no other reason to believe this and I am trying not to get my hopes up, so I tend to look at reasons why he would go elsewhere. I think this recruiting class will end up with Brock, Anton, Martynas, Drew, and Pavel, maybe the best recruiting class in school history.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I find it unseemly for some self absorbed high school kid to have a news conference to announce his choice of what college will be so fortunate as to have him play there ....
    They literally all do this nowadays. Even lower level commits.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I find it unseemly for some self absorbed high school kid to have a news conference to announce his choice of what college will be so fortunate as to have him play there ....
    Flip side: this kid has worked extremely hard throughout his life and now has the opportunity to play at the next level and is coveted by many top colleges. Now he wants to share this moment with family and friends as well as show his pride. I don't find anything wrong with it. He seemed to be a class act throughout the entire recruiting process.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I find it unseemly for some self absorbed high school kid to have a news conference to announce his choice of what college will be so fortunate as to have him play there ....
    I can see your point... but even my kid's HS had a signing days where athletes committed to schools ranging from D3 to D1 and local press has been invited in the past. JMHO... it promotes seeking higher education to others. In terms of kids like Timme and others, let us be honest here. People are waiting to hear their choice, sometimes a LOT of people are waiting to hear. Why not answer people's questions in a public setting? I don't think it is self absorbed but rather a means to an end to let people know your choice.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I find it unseemly for some self absorbed high school kid to have a news conference to announce his choice of what college will be so fortunate as to have him play there ....
    agree









    unless he picks Gonzaga...then becomes a recruitment video.D

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I can see your point... but even my kid's HS had a signing days where athletes committed to schools ranging from D3 to D1 and local press has been invited in the past. JMHO... it promotes seeking higher education to others. In terms of kids like Timme and others, let us be honest here. People are waiting to hear their choice, sometimes a LOT of people are waiting to hear. Why not answer people's questions in a public setting? I don't think it is self absorbed but rather a means to an end to let people know your choice.
    Ah yes.... the Selfie Generation...is he going to do it from a hot tub.....will he open a envelope...will he have a halfdozen hats ????.....it is probably a generational difference in values...... and he better stay the hell off my lawn...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Ah yes.... the Selfie Generation...is he going to do it from a hot tub.....will he open a envelope...will he have a half cozen hats ????.....it is probably a generational difference in values...... and he better stay the hell off my lawn...
    Sorry... just see it differently. If LeBron had gone to college, would it have been self absorbed if he announced in a presser? I mean that would have had likely millions waiting to hear where he would have gone. We live in a media driven (social or regular). Honestly, it is no any more self absorbed as the kid posting it on social media. These kids work their tails off to get a D1 offer, they deserve a little bit of praise.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill
    Posts
    1,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Ah yes.... the Selfie Generation...is he going to do it from a hot tub.....will he open a envelope...will he have a half cozen hats ????.....it is probably a generational difference in values...... and he better stay the hell off my lawn...
    Sorry reading this made my mind go immediately to Dr Seuss’s green eggs and ham.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 cheers for binary!

    "Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I find it unseemly for some self absorbed high school kid to have a news conference to announce his choice of what college will be so fortunate as to have him play there ....

    Damn kids stay off my lawn. In my day we walked to school in 6 feet of snow without boots.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Soooooo, between us and 'Zona? Is that the consensus? I hope with the earlier announcement rather than dragging it out means good things for us.......
    Is A&M really in the hunt?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,300

    Default

    Thank you....thank you....Sam-I-Am....

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Soooooo, between us and 'Zona? Is that the consensus? I hope with the earlier announcement rather than dragging it out means good things for us.......
    Is A&M really in the hunt?
    I actually think Arizona is in last out of the 5 schools he visits. I think it comes down to us and Alabama honestly.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    They literally all do this nowadays. Even lower level commits.
    And it is often not even what the kid really wants, or at least the kid often is not the one even planning it. Many of the high schools want the publicity for their students and from my limited experience in media, the high schools would call the TV stations and do several students that day.

    I am sure lots of kids love the attention. I know I would have maximized my self-importance at 18 to an obnoxious degree, but not all kids would. Yes, they could say "Nah, I want to sign at home w/ my family" but it is harder when there are others wanting you to do it.

    It seems like there's a lot to like about this kid. I sure hope he gives us good consideration. I'd never diss a kid who played close to home at a good school like A&M, though. It would also be great to make inroads into Texas. We're already the international destination of so many, why not add Texas to the list of countries we draw out of??? Just kidding TZF
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    And it is often not even what the kid really wants, or at least the kid often is not the one even planning it. Many of the high schools want the publicity for their students and from my limited experience in media, the high schools would call the TV stations and do several students that day.

    I am sure lots of kids love the attention. I know I would have maximized my self-importance at 18 to an obnoxious degree, but not all kids would. Yes, they could say "Nah, I want to sign at home w/ my family" but it is harder when there are others wanting you to do it.
    To me it is a celebration of success. In education we have a graduation ceremony to celebrate success, this is similar for athletics. Almost every high school does this, it's nothing new. I am glad this is how Drew is announcing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •