Thread: fan fest

Default fan fest

Fan Fest 2018 is in the book.....

my not in any specific thoughts...

perhaps a 1000 fans showed up....many picking up their tickets....they handed out clear plastic bags for future use....

Security was like being at an airport, without having to remove your shoes.......when we got there before 3 there already was a long line and everybody had to go thru the scanner, removing your metal stuff first and putting it in a little basket.....if you went thru and still buzzed, they would do the hand scanner.....there was a line for disabled who were all hand scanned.

many player milling about.....immediately went up to Annamarie and asked her if she could play this year....nope......we don't have the specialness apparently that ND and USC has.....CLF addressed this during her words to the fans....

the 3 point contest was ultimately won by Chandler....Louise finished a close second..

players...Corryn had some kind of knee brace on.....Kylee did not play in the scrimmage unknown reason....did not see any braces, etc.....

the scrimmage....welllll, sort of kind of "ugh".....players played hard but not much to show for it and after 4 short quarters it ended with a 18/18 tie...

individually I thought Katie Campbell played tough defense....talked briefly with her dad..((.boy is he a big man)

Melody mixed it up....not afraid.....

Louise looked good....she only had one really good look at the basket.....

the bigs just got a few chance inside......trouble getting it inside...

which was a problem.....nobody seemed to get free....LS was not very effective in getting the ball into someone open, which there was....and again, time management.....LS played like a bulldog but she's got to get her teamates involved....

CLF talked about the Thanksgiving tourney in Vancouver....encouraged anybody that could to go...I believe we will have 4 games.....first game vs ND....not kidding....then throw in Oregon state,drake (MVC) and South Carolina......I think this is the type of tournament that can bring us prestige and it would look good to have a decent showing of fans....

that's all I can remember.......we have a long way to go to get ready....

for those of you that go, no place has been selected for the radio talk show yet...

Thanks, Sylean.

Fan Fest in the afternoon and a calzone at Pete's for dinner. Basketball is really just around the corner.

Interesting Sylean's take on the metal detector's and scanners. We got their at about 3:20 and the security at the scanners told us to walk right thru and not even take our keys or phones out of our pockets. Maybe they decreased the sensitivity on the scanners after the first wave. The scanners at the Orleans last year were not near as touchy as the airport scanners.

Hand out for season tickets was well handled. There were about ten individual lines with each line having 2 or 3 letters assigned to it. I probably had to wait for only 3 or 4 families to get my tickets. The clear bags were given out to the season ticket holders for free based on your number of season tickets.

About halfway through the player introductions, we had a fire alarm. Apparently whoever was operating the MAC today did not put the fire alarm into event mode and the smoke machines set off the smoke detectors hence the fire alarm. It was during Jenn Wirth's introduction and it seamed nobody knew if it was intentional or not but essentially nobody left their seats and after a few minutes CLF went to the announcer and had him tell everybody to stay in their seats and the player introductions would resume shortly.

I would say that the actual attendance was more in the 2,000 to 3,000 range. I estimated the lower bowl at 60% (3,600 seats) of the total seats and the upper bowl at 40% (2,400 seats). If everybody moved down to the lower bowl I would say it was at least 2/3's full or 2,400 people IMO. Not very good, but better than 1,000.

For the "Hot Shot" shooting contest LS was pared with a young lady at one basket and Jessie was pared with another young lady at the other basket. LS and her partner won because LS figured out she could stand at the basket and shoot lay-ups without moving. Jessie was a little slow to pick up on the trick, so LS got a good lead before Jessie tried the same trick shortly thereafter but to late to change the outcome.

3-point shooting contest pared LF and KC with LF sinking 16 shots for the victory. In the second semi-final, LW pared off with CS and CS also sinking 16 shots to barely edge LW. LW looked very good shooting from 3. Color me very surprised. In the final CS won by sinking 15 shots but LF had a handicap in that the two students fielding her shots kept losing the balls. LF probably had 3-5 fewer shots than CS just because of poor ball handlers. Both LF and CS looked good from 3 as did LW. KC was not as successful from 3 today.

Forgot to mention Zee had three tries to dunk today and just missed on all three tries. She can get high enough, but her hand is not big enough to cup the ball, making it hard to hold on to the ball as she gets closer to the rim.

As for the scrimmage, as Sylean mentioned, Corryn had a knee brace on but was able to sit with the knee fully bent in a normal sitting position. KG was dressed, but did not participate in the scrimmage. Anna, as I mentioned several times, is not eligible to play this year. Standard NCAA rules unless there is significant reason to consider otherwise. Anna did play, did not dominate inside (good for Zee, JT, GB and Melody who primarily guarded her). Other than playing, the best thing is that Zee, the Wirths, Melody and JT will have to go against her in practice everyday, better preparing them for our competition.

The scrimmage was very much as Sylean described it above. Lots of fast running up and down the court and around the key leading to nobody getting open. Nothing in the middle was open and when somebody went inside frequently they were doubled or more. It was pretty ugly. I think only one or two 3s were taken the entire scrimmage, with no attempt to bring anybody out from sagging in the key. Way to many bad (forced) passes to double teamed players in the key led to too many turnovers.

Highlights there were some people who stood out today. Chandler was absolutely dominate in the first half, slicing and dicing the key, putting back rebounds, all over the court. She was the second leading scorer with 8 pts. The problem was we never saw her do anything in the second half. MK really looked like she belonged. She, as a minimum, outplayed the both Wirths, getting inside position, better rebounds and put backs. LS was LS, a virtual bull in a china shop, but she took it to the hoop when possible and played very aggressive. She was the leading scorer with 10 pts. LW looked like she was playing more aggressive than we have seen her last year. JT was JT, popping up with rebounds, taking to the hoop, etc. She just could not make the trips to the hoop pay off as she was challenged every time. A call out to GB who got some playing time and looked much more at home. Nothing at the offensive end, but she more than held her own on the defensive side of the ball. Good job GB.

Zee, JW, JL & KC did not do anything to catch my eye. JL moved the ball quickly up the court and I don't think she had a turnover, but all I remember offensively was a 3 pt miss and no other points. Zee had a nice step back jumper, but nothing else stood out offensively or defensively. JW did nothing to catch my eye one way or another. KC (and JL) played some good defense, but I do not recall any offensive production from either of them. LF seemed to be always hustling but was rarely open and when she was, she could not get anybody to pass her the ball. LS, in particular, seems to have an issue with LF. Numerous times LF was open and LS elected to pass the ball to somebody who was better covered despite LF calling for the ball. I hope that was just my imagination.

Pretty sloppy scrimmage, but LS made a couple of buzzer beaters once again and several players were paying attention to the shot clock and got off shots before the buzzer, so that was good. As Sylean said, we have a long, long, way to go offensively. I though our defense was pretty good overall, but then maybe it was because of the bad offense making the defense look so good.

Exhibition game is Nov.2 against Carroll College, with the first game that counts being Nov. 7 against University of Montana.

ZagDad

From GoZags:

WBB Kicks off 2018-19 Season at Numerica Fan Fest
    Bulldogs impress fans in scrimmage

SPOKANE, Wash. – The Gonzaga women's basketball team introduced new players and let fans get reacquainted with some familiar ones while putting on a great performance at the annual Numerica Fan Fest inside the McCarthey Athletic Center Saturday afternoon.

Fans got their first look at the 2018-19 Zags with festivities on the court, including an intersquad scrimmage. The Bulldogs played a four-quarter controlled scrimmage with the second half running clock.

Gonzaga fans were able to get their faces painted, collect their 2018-19 posters and schedule cards, and grab their women's basketball season ticket packages. On the court, fans had the chance to play 'Knockout' with a few Bulldog players and enjoy a three-point shooting contest.

Chandler Smith was the outright winner of the three-point contest, defeating Louise Forsyth by one with 15 made threes. Laura Stockton claimed the title of the knockout game.

For the first time in Fan Fest's nine-year history, the scrimmage ended in a tie; the Blue team tied the White team 18-18. Stockton led the White team with a game-high 10 points, finishing 4-of-7 from the floor including a perfect 2-for-2 from the line. Jill Townsend pulled down a game-high eight boards and chipped in two points. For the Blue team, Smith finished with a team-high eight points and three boards; Zykera Rice chipped in five points and three rebounds.

"It was good," Stockton said. "We're a little rusty, so it's nice to be able to do this. You can kind of get the jitters out and figure out what we need to work on in live situations. So it's good for us. It was a fun game, and a nice little comeback for my team, which was fun."

The White team trailed the Blue team by nine points (17-8) with 3:19 to go in the third quarter, and back-to-back buckets from Stockton cut the lead to five, 17-12. Stockton's scoring run continued into the fourth as she converted two free throws to bring the White team within a single possession, 17-14. Forsyth converted a jumper with 2:40 remaining to cap an 8-0 run for the White team.

The Blue team ended the run with a free throw from Rice, and Stockton once again finished in the paint for the game-tying layup on the ensuing possession.

"It's exciting," Rice said. "It showed us that we have quite a bit to work on, but I'm excited to work with this group of girls on everything that we lack and everything that we need to get better on."

The Zag faithful had a chance to get autographs from the women's basketball team after the scrimmage.

Gonzaga begins its season with an exhibition game against Carroll College on Nov. 2 at 6 p.m. inside the McCarthey Athletic Center.
    Article & Picture Link: https://gozags.com/news/2018/10/13/w...-fan-fest.aspx

I did not realize JT had eight boards. Great job Townsie.

Some short videos and more pictures on the Lady Zags twitter page here: https://twitter.com/ZagWBB

ZagDad

" LS, in particular, seems to have an issue with LF. Numerous times LF was open and LS elected to pass the ball to somebody who was better covered despite LF calling for the ball. I hope that was just my imagination. "

this.....

its so easy I know to sit in the bleachers and notice open players .....

but the rare time when we got a player open, .especially the white team they never got the ball..

after watching this scrimmage, I again think our starters should be zee, jen, chandler,laura and either JT or LF....we are lucky this yr because we have a bunch of athletic players on the team....multiple sport types like Zee, LF, Jess, JT and Melody....plus Chandler is so smooth at her game....wish we had got a look at Kylee's game...

did anybody hear why Kylee did not play?

Talked with Corryn and she said in spite of sitting out today, she expects to play soon. Heard that Kylee had a minor shoulder issue and they just thought it prudent to sit her today just to be safe and not aggravate it.

Thanks for the Kylee update Cavebear.

Summary of Fan Fest from the Spokesman Review:

FanFest scrimmage results in a tie, lengthy to-do list for Gonzaga women’s basketball
    UPDATED: Sat., Oct. 13, 2018, 10:52 p.m.

By Jim Meehan
    jimm@spokesman.com
    (208) 659-3791

Gonzaga women’s basketball coach Lisa Fortier casually chatted with fans before Numerica FanFest and took a seat at the scorer’s table for the team’s scrimmage.
    She took cellphone video of a team huddle during a break between quarters as assistants handled coaching duties for the Blue and White squads in front of 1,289 Saturday at the McCarthey Athletic Center.

“It’s my favorite day of the year,” GU’s fifth-year head coach said with a smile. Fortier still made time to jot down 1 1/2 pages of notes during the scrimmage, which ended in an 18-all tie, thanks to senior point guard Laura Stockton’s string of clutch baskets for the White in the second half.

No overtime?

“It hurts,” said senior forward Zykera Rice, who had five points and three rebounds for the Blue. “I was ready for another 4 minutes (the scrimmage format was four 4-minute quarters), but they told us we weren’t getting that.”

What the Bulldogs did get is numerous talking points for upcoming practices and a closer look at the scoring options following three-time All-West Coast Conference first-teamer Jill Barta’s departure after her junior season. “We’re a little rusty, that’s why it’s nice to do this,” said Stockton, who scored eight of the White’s last 10 points, including a third-quarter buzzer-beater and a scoop layup with 15 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. “You can get the jitters out and figure out what we need to work on.”

Barta, the West Coast Conference Player of the Year last season, exited at No. 7 on the program’s career scoring list. The Zags will lean on Rice, the team’s top percentage shooter last season while averaging 11.7 points, and others to pick up the scoring slack. Senior wing Chandler Smith will be one of those options. She had eight points, scoring inside and on midrange jumpers, to help the Blue build a 16-6 lead late in the second quarter. Earlier, Smith nailed 16 3-pointers in 1 minute to edge sophomore guard Louise Forsyth in the 3-point contest.

“I think we have more than enough firepower,” Rice said. “The great thing about basketball is it’s a team sport. All of us together can definitely pull our weight and fill that gap.”
    The Bulldogs also should generate points in transition with mobile posts and savvy point guards Stockton and junior Jessie Loera. The Blue capitalized on turnovers – once scoring in transition after White missed a free throw – to construct a double-digit lead.

Fortier said she believes the team has inside threats and capable perimeter shooters, which should create space at the offensive end. “We have veteran decision-makers once we get the group all together and they’re going to make good choices,” said Fortier, whose team opens the regular season against Montana on Nov. 7. “We have a lot of versatility in the guard spots, a lot of ball-handlers and people who can score in a variety of ways. I love how Zykera has been playing. She’s been extremely aggressive. I’d like some of our other post players to take a step in that direction.

“We have so much to work on, but they’re doing some good things. We haven’t had a day where I’ve come in and thought, “Oh, we’re in for it.’ ”
    Article Link with lots of great pictures: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ngthy-to-do-l/

Sylean, according to the Review, you were much closer on attendance than I was. Congrats . I still stand on my number. They must have quit counting newcomers after the 4:00PM start

ZagDad

Here is a link to a short video of today's festivities and short interviews with LS, ZR and CLF.

Thanks SWX.

Video Link: http://www.swxrightnow.com/video/201...anfest-kennel/

ZagDad

BTW, didn't mean to start a whole new thread.....I see now you had a thread all prepared for fan fest discussion....I'll look before I leap next time.

No worries.

Anytime I can get somebody to start a new thread or comment on an old thread it is a win-win for me.

ZagDad

Fan Fest Highlight Video posted on YouTube.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9w...ature=youtu.be

ZagDad

Five Observations @ Fan Fest from The Slipper Still Fits:

Five Observations from FanFest
    The seniors are solid, but there’s work to be done
    By Steven Karr Oct 14, 2018, 9:40am PDT

Fans got their first look at this year’s version of the Gonzaga women’s team on Saturday afternoon. They were treated to a couple shooting contests and a quick, 16-minute scrimmage. As a whole, the team looked rusty, as is expected during these events. The competitive nature was there, the energy was there, and there were sparks of solid play sprinkled in throughout the day.

For what it’s worth, the teams for the Blue-White scrimmage were as followed:

BLUE: Zykera Rice, Melody Kempton, Chandler Smith, Katie Campbell, Jessie Loera, Gillian Barfield
    WHITE: Jenn Wirth, LeeAnne Wirth, Jill Townsend, Louise Forsyth, Laura Stockton, Anamaria Virjoghe

Here are five observations from the event:

1. Senior Leadership

As I mentioned in their schedule article, Gonzaga is going to rely on their seniors to guide them through a very difficult non-conference slate. Laura Stockton, Chandler Smith and Zykera Rice all got off on the right foot on Saturday. Stockton was the most animated player on the court. She defeated Jessie Loera in a Hot Shot competition with a fan before the scrimmage and gave a fist pump. During the fourth quarter of the scrimmage, in a tight game, she was getting into it with the referees begging for an out of bounds call to go her way. She led all scorers in the game with 10 points and scored multiple buckets off her patented pump fake.

As for Chandler Smith, she played just like she always does. She’s the most versatile player on the team and should become a larger focal point on offense this season. She led the Blue Team with eight points, three rebounds and a steal. She also defeated Louise Forsyth in the finals of the three-point competition.

Zykera Rice was held to 1-for-5 shooting, but her defense was solid and the rebounding effort was evident, which is a good sign. Coach Lisa Fortier said before the season, and reiterated after FanFest, that the team’s rebounding needs some work. That starts with Rice.

2. Change in Style

The last couple of seasons, Gonzaga has been able to play at a slower pace and pound the ball in the paint with Jill Barta. This season, that is going to change. They want to be far more up-tempo than they’ve been in awhile. Stockton, Loera, and Smith are all capable of leading the break and Coach Fortier loves the way her bigs run the court. The teams only combined for four fast break points on the afternoon, but you could see the pace of play was much quicker than last season.

3. Role Players

As we’ve mentioned throughout our player previews, Gonzaga is looking for another guard to step up to the plate this season with the departure of Emma Stach. It appears the two leading candidates will be Louise Forsyth and Jill Townsend. Forsyth is a sharp shooter and natural scorer. The staff is hoping she becomes the star they hoped for before her foot injury last season. Townsend is more of guard/wing combo who has good size and slashing ability. She’s also one of the better rebounders on the team, which should earn her extra minutes. She led all players with eight rebounds, three of them offensive boards. Both Townsend and Forsyth finished with two points a piece. Katie Campbell also has a chance to carve out minutes, but was 0-for-2 on the day, both shots from beyond the arc.

In the front court, it’s pretty much locked in that Rice and Jenn Wirth will be starting and LeeAnne Wirth will be the first big off the bench. Freshman Melody Kempton appears to be that fourth big. She only attempted one shot, but she ran the court well and had a nice block in the first half. Rice raved about Kempton’s ability to run the court after the game.

4. Perimeter Shooting Woes

Gonzaga shot under 30 percent from deep last season. The only two players who shot above 30 percent (Jill Barta and Emma Stach) both left the program. Stockton, Loera and Townsend shot 34-for-153 (22.2%) from deep a year ago. Coach Fortier has emphasized perimeter shooting all summer and has been impressed with the improvements from Katie Campbell and Louise Forsyth in that regard. Forsyth and Smith both shot it well in the three-point competition. But it was a different story in live-action. The two teams combined to shoot 0-for-10 from deep. This will be the biggest story to watch throughout the season because it’s pretty easy to defend an offense that can’t hit a shot outside of 15 feet consistently.

5. Strange Bookends

It was clearly pre-season for everyone involved with the event. It started, as these events usually do, with fog machine player introductions. Halfway through, the fog slipped a little too high and triggered the fire alarms in the McCarthey Athletic Center. After a five minute delay, they resumed the intros sans smoke. Fortier joked in her speech to crowd, “I think that might be the end of the smoke machine.” Probably a good idea.

The Blue Team led the scrimmage 16-6 at halftime and looked like they would run away with it. But Stockton led her White Team back and her driving layup tied the game at 18 with just under a minute to play. Each team had a chance to win it, but neither could capitalize. Instead of doing some sort of overtime or a shooting contest, they ended the scrimmage tied at 18. It was the first tie in the nine-year history of the event. The fans were left a little confused and the players, competitive as ever, obviously wanted a true winner.

Quick Hits

Zykera Rice tried to dunk before the scrimmage began. She couldn’t connect cleanly in any of her three attempts. She promised she would do her best to get one this season after coming so close last year.

During her opening remarks, Coach Fortier confirmed that AnaMaria Virjoghe will not be eligible this season. Some fans believed that the 6’5” transfer from NAIA Northwest Christian would somehow be eligible. That was never the case.

Top 100 Freshman Kylee Griffen and junior Corryn Douglas both did not play in the scrimmage. Douglas has a right leg injury. No word on why Griffen did not play.

The Gonzaga women begin their season with an exhibition game against Carroll College on November 2 before their regular season opener against Montana on November 7.
    Article and Picture Link: https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...s-from-fanfest

ZagDad

Review of Fan Fest from the Gonzaga Bulletin:

Women's basketball: Gonzaga preaches consistency at Numerica Fan Fest
    Jackson Frank | Senior Sports Editor Oct 13, 2018

As head coach Lisa Fortier fulfilled her obligatory post-game availability, a herd of young children darted through the bowels of the McCarthey Athletic Center and briefly interrupted the interview with a cacophony.

Perhaps their presence was a parallel for Gonzaga, whose season is in its infancy stage after opening the year with Numerica Fan Fest Saturday evening.

Following a 27-6 campaign in 2017-18, which included a West Coast Conference regular-season and tournament championship, the Zags return all but three of their players, with Emma Stach and Emma Wolfram gone to graduation, and Jill Barta leaving the program to pursue teaching opportunities.

Saturday's four-quarter, 16-minute, Blue-White scrimmage ended in an 18-18 tie, with the White team, led by senior Laura Stockton closing the game on a 12-2 run after trailing 16-6 late in the second quarter. Stockton paced all scorers with 10 points on 4-of-7 shooting while redshirt senior Chandler Smith posted eight points on 3-of-8 shooting for the Blue squad.

"We're a little rusty. That's why it's nice to do this," Stockton said of the game, which featured 11 combined turnovers and 32.5 percent shooting." You can get the jitters out and figure out what we need to work on in a live situation. It's good for us."

Stockton, who's regarded as a highly competitive player, was animated throughout the event. After winning the Hot Shot competition against junior Jessie Loera, she let out an audible celebration and struck the air with a fist pump. As the second half of the scrimmage progressed and the deficit shrunk, more emotion poured out of the 5-foot-8 guard. When she tied the game on a righty scoop layup and Smith missed a 3 from the left wing with less than 10 seconds to play, Stockton pleaded with the referee to ensure it was the White team's ball, giving it one last chance to secure a victory — though it was unable to get a final shot off.

"Laura, I know, wanted to win so badly. She wants to win everything so badly," Fortier said. "Her, Zykera (Rice) and Chandler are constantly reminding me 'it's my last this and it's my last that.' I thought [Stockton] had a very nice second half. When they were down, she could have started pressing and trying to make too much of something. She stayed very calm and it was great to see."

With Barta, the team's offensive catalyst and reigning WCC Player of the Year, no longer sporting GU threads, the Zags intend to embrace the transition game this season. They'll call upon their litany of ball-handlers with Stockton, Loera, Smith and junior Katie Campbell all capable of directing the offense, Fortier said. "We're planning on going (fast)," Stockton said. "We've got really fast posts. Hopefully, the fast break will be big for us."

Searching for easier buckets in transition could mitigate some of the Zags' potential shooting concerns after they shot 29.4 percent beyond the arc a season ago, even with Barta and Stach, who combined to shoot 37.3 percent from deep and made 79 of the team's 160 3-pointers, in the fold.

Yet Fortier said she is encouraged by the progress her athletes made as shooters during the offseason, citing Campbell, Smith and sophomore Louise Forsyth as early-season standouts.

When the game does slow down, Rice, a Second Team All-WCC member who averaged 11.7 points and 5.2 rebounds per game on 49.7 percent shooting last year, projects to be a consistent source of offense in the post. She'll be flanked by sophomores Jenn and LeeAnne Wirth, as well as freshman Melody Kempton, who was an ESPN top-100 recruit. Anamaria Virjoghe, a 6-foot-5 transfer from the NAIA school Northwest Christian, will redshirt this season before suiting up next year.

“We have Mel coming in, who, thank the Lord if I get super tired, she gets to just run up and down the court,” Rice said. That might become reality as Fortier said she’s been impressed with the energy and aggression Rice has played with thus far but added she hopes to see other post players emulate that assertiveness.

Despite the loss of its best wing stopper in Stach, GU will likely remain a formidable defensive unit after ranking 58th among 349 NCAA teams in points allowed per game last season.

Smith, who won the 3-point shootout over Forsyth, proved to be a jack-of-all trades in her first year with the Bulldogs — she redshirted in 2016-17 after transferring from Nebraska — as her defensive assignment sometimes ranged from point guard to power forward.

Buoying the backcourt defense are Stockton, Loera and Campbell, all smart and aggressive defenders. “We play really hard and they really care about each other,” Fortier said. “We have veteran decision makers … I think we have a lot of versatility at the guard spots. “But we need to continue to work on our rebounding. We have so much to work on. I can’t even say what we need to keep working on, because, really, all of it. But they’re doing some good things. I haven’t had a day where I’ve thought ‘ugh, we’re in for it.’ I think we have lots of potential.”
    Article and Picture Link: https://www.gonzagabulletin.com/spor...ba443a966.html

ZagDad

Wow Zag Dad already bashing Laura Stockton and the season has not even begun. Well personally am hoping your wrong and LS will mentor younger players as a Senior this year, because they are going to need contributions from many players this year to maintain status quo. Of course am expecting big things from Jill Townsend this year. Also am hoping LF, KG, and MK make a impact.
    Of course reminders practice and stand around 3 points contest are pretty meaningless. Its producing in game time speed against the good teams that shows what your made of. I know JT can produce at this level as well as our 3 seniors. JL will bring the hustle. Early season games it will be important to get meaningful minutes for LF, KG, MK to get them up to college game time speed and give all three of them some confidence.
    I think Laura Stockton knows she can't do it by herself, it takes a team. She was the best feeder of JB. She will start feeding our younger players when they start getting her assists on a regular basis.
    P.S. in the photos LS legs look like forged in steel iron whatever, she brings instant respect to the team.

Pages of reviews and comments by myself and others and you lead off with this:

Wow Zag Dad already bashing Laura Stockton and the season has not even begun.
    Welcome back ZAB.

ZagDad

Link to the Spokesman Review Picture Gallery from Fan Fest:

Spokesman Review Pictures: http://www.spokesman.com/galleries/2...fan-fest-2018/

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    Pages of reviews and comments by myself and others and you lead off with this:

Welcome back ZAB.

ZagDad
    And this is exactly why so many have stopped posting opinions here. This Board used to be fairly civil. That ended last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    And this is exactly why so many have stopped posting opinions here. This Board used to be fairly civil. That ended last year.
    My understanding is that you can block individual posters and not see any of their posts. It would be much better to block the posters who you dislike and continue to post than not to post at all. Why deprive the entire board of your views and let a small number of poster's drive you away. Not posting simply deprives the entire board.

I personally don't block anybody, because I want to see what opinions they have, positive, negative or otherwise. There is nothing wrong with gathering more opinions, they may even change your view.

I would love to ask ZAB why he thought I was "bashing" LS. I went back and re-read my comments and I personally, don't think I was "bashing" her. In fact, I posted many more positive aspects about LS in the scrimmage than negative. However, historically ZAB is a fly-by poster. He makes his comments, opinions, etc. in a post and never comes back to discuss his opinions with anybody else, even when asked. I have tried several times to engage with him on his opinions and I simply get ignored, so I gave up trying. I do seem to have gotten under his saddle, though. Que Sera, Sera.

I am thinking of taking a break from posting as well. Not due to the actions of any poster, but do the apathy shown on this board. Thread is a good example. Over 500 views, I have posted, Sylean and you have posted a couple of times, Cavebear chimed in and ZAB did his fly-by. 500 views and 5 people could be bothered to post.

Where you at Fan Fest, what did you see? Do you appreciate the summaries of fan fest provided by other posters? Do you have any questions about what happened at fan fest? Do you like the consolidation of fan fest reviews and links provided? Are you pissed at me and my posting technique, opinions or hogging of the board?

People that post take time out of their day to share their opinions, the links they find, questions they have with this board and it is truly upsetting to spend the time to post this information to the board and then to simply get ignored.

The excuses that I don't have anything of value to post, the board is no longer civil, are just BS in my opinion. You can let the people know you appreciate their post, the links to stories and videos provided, etc. You can answer the simple questions as to are you going to fan fest? Who is going to enter the 3 pt contest? Who is CLF going to take to Vegas without exposing one's self, but these are equally ignored.

Time for the board moochers to stand up and carry the load for a while. In NASCAR terms, I am going to the back of the pack and ride around saving some gas.

Carry On,

ZagDad

1000 fans?

Why so few? In past years this was full or nearly full.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Well, well, well...

ZD... I wouldn’t put to much into the lack of comments on our posts. There hasn’t been a lot of team info (as usual) to comment on. The season is just getting started.

We attended the FunFest on Saturday and as much as I enjoyed seeing the players, entertainment wise... not much. Did like seeing the players walking around visiting and taking pictures with their fans.

The scrimmage was what it was...
    Lots of talent but more like a pickup game... which was okay.

Players and positions... lots of talk on who should be at the 2 and the lack of an open 3 shot. Also... the amount of players in the paint at times... I hope the coaches can find a way to open it up because if they do, there will be some scoring... if not, look for low scores.

What I saw at FanFest was a starting unit that will have a lot of help coming off the bench. Which is great!

LS... enjoy her very much but... I would put LS at the 2 and JL at the 1... I think LS could be a very good shooter while I think JL is better at running the offense and does a better job of feeding the ball. Just saying...

With this years team, we have 8 players that played well together... add another 3 or 4 and I hope we can give them the time they will need on the floor. What a great problem...

Rest easy ZD... I’m still a fan of yours.

Go Zags!!

BobZag.....I've gone to several fan fests and I've never seen it full or even half full....I appreciate who did show up....the men are different.....lots of non sth's go because its free and its their only chance to see the men play...