• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HillZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Sep 2013

Gonzaga Football

I came across this site recently while looking up something on Washington State football. It has all the Gonzaga Football information, including coaches, yearly records, and who they played.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

A few cool things I found:

Gonzaga played West Virginia on Christmas Day in a bowl game in 1922. Something I had never heard of.

Gonzaga and Oregon played 6 times, with Gonzaga winning the final matchup in 1939.

Gonzaga split a series with Texas Tech in the late 1930's.

If you click on opponents, it will take you to this page: http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/dis.../opponents.php

Gonzaga played current P5 teams Arizona State, Oregon, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Washington, Washington State, and West Virginia. They played Wyoming, Nevada, and Utah State once each, winning all three of these games.

Gonzaga's overall football record is 134-99 and 20 ties.

I used to have one of those "Gonzaga Football. Undefeated since 1941," t-shirts. If anyone knows where I can track one down, I'd love it.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby
  • HillZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Sep 2013

Whoops. Wrong forum. I put it over in Schomburg Hall. Sorry Moderators.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

good stuff thanks

Comment

• KStyles
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HillZag View Post
        I came across this site recently while looking up something on Washington State football. It has all the Gonzaga Football information, including coaches, yearly records, and who they played.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

A few cool things I found:

Gonzaga played West Virginia on Christmas Day in a bowl game in 1922. Something I had never heard of.

Gonzaga and Oregon played 6 times, with Gonzaga winning the final matchup in 1939.

Gonzaga split a series with Texas Tech in the late 1930's.

If you click on opponents, it will take you to this page: http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/dis.../opponents.php

Gonzaga played current P5 teams Arizona State, Oregon, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Washington, Washington State, and West Virginia. They played Wyoming, Nevada, and Utah State once each, winning all three of these games.

Gonzaga's overall football record is 134-99 and 20 ties.

I used to have one of those "Gonzaga Football. Undefeated since 1941," t-shirts. If anyone knows where I can track one down, I'd love it.
        The online bookstore has one.

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Comment

• Birddog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I think our boys are the ones in the light pants because I think big #77 is George "Automatic" Karamatic, one of the best players to ever play for GU . The game appears to be at Gonzaga Stadium. I'm pretty sure the peculiar formation is the "Notre Dame Box" a variation of the single wing. WSC appears to run just a plain single wing. Fun stuff thanks for posting.
            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
            All mimsy were the borogoves,
            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
            X