Thread: Josh talks to Andy Katz

Default Josh talks to Andy Katz

Great interview with Josh on Andy Katz’s March Madness 365 podcast, who comes off like a real senior leader. 23:30 mark on:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=1000421395065
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

For some reason, itunes doesn't work for me. The interview can also be found here: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mar...?autoplay=true

Thanks!!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Thanks Fu.
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

That was very good. I'm not surprised at how well Josh presented himself as I've always thought quite highly of how he's performed at GU. It was cool to hear what he said about coach Few bringing out the best in him and how he's really gotten to understand how Few runs things. That means bunches going forward during this season. Having a point guard on the same page as the coach can lead to a great season - especially with the supporting cast of such high caliber. Maui is going to be very interesting.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

wow, Josh sounded great.

usually, so reserved, quiet, and fast talker/whisperer.

He sounds clear headed, focused, content, confident.

Excellent find, thanks!
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    wow, Josh sounded great.

usually, so reserved, quiet, and fast talker/whisperer.

He sounds clear headed, focused, content, confident.

Excellent find, thanks!
    Perkins must certainly be the (or top 5) D1 starting PG with the most wins and minutes played heading into this season. I hope he has a great year and starts getting more national recognition. The Frank Mason of this season. He doesn’t have high end NBA athleticism, but I love his toughness and I love him for being a 5 year Zag.
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

He called out the rotation as follows:
    Geno
    Filip
    Clarke
    Rui
    Snacks
    Tillie
    Corey

He’s obviously included, but that’s the rotation for this year unless one of the young players step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Geno
    Filip
    Clarke
    Rui
    Snacks
    Tillie
    Corey

He’s obviously included, but that’s the rotation for this year unless one of the young players step it up.
    Heard good things, like really good, about his performance in practice thus far. Not Sabonis level excitement, but the long-term excitement is palpable. Just doing all the right things at the right time, well coached, skilled kid. Understands spacing, angles, positioning, footwork more than most players, esp bigs, his age.

Agree. Loved it. We're lucky to have him helping lead this year.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

We are so screwed for a point guard in 2019-2020

Fun to hear him having grown into the man he is.

I'm glad to see Filip's name on the list. There has been so much written about him here on GUboards over the summer. I have been one fan who likes him a lot and is looking forward to seeing him play in a Zag's uni. The videos I watched showed how athletic he is, and can score both inside and outside. Has a nice looking shot.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Geno
    Filip
    Clarke
    Rui
    Snacks
    Tillie
    Corey

Need at least 1 more guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Heard good things, like really good, about his performance in practice thus far. Not Sabonis level excitement, but the long-term excitement is palpable. Just doing all the right things at the right time, well coached, skilled kid. Understands spacing, angles, positioning, footwork more than most players, esp bigs, his age.
    Does he play more like Sabonis or Collins? Can't wait to see him play.

Geno
    Filip
    Clarke
    Rui
    Snacks
    Tillie
    Corey

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Need at least 1 more guard.
    Disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryzag View Post
    Does he play more like Sabonis or Collins? Can't wait to see him play.
    I'd say neither, yet only based on watching every Serbian game during the recent FIBA tourney.

Filip is more perimeter oriented but takes amazing angles to and around the basket.

Doesn't feature the raw athleticism of Collins, nor the raw strength/nastiness as Sabonis.

More a hybrid than either of them.

I'd compare him more to Olynyk, or maybe Daniel Kickert via SMC.

He has a nice shooting stroke but it's his bball IQ which makes him so effective.

Just knows when where & why to receive passes to set up his post game, shoot quickly, or dribble drive. Just a versatile and complete player.

Very active but not overly athletic or long. Solid footwork, great touch, elite shooting, and skilled. Fundamental post player with advanced feel.

If Sabonis and Collins were consensus 5 star recruits, Petrusev is an above average 4 star.

Will contribute early and often as a Frosh.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few