Thread: Gripe About the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Default Gripe About the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Are you still mad that Journey is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Are you still bitter that NWA got in, but Snoop can’t get a nomination? Does rap even belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Does disco? Blues? Soul? Who voted for Bon Jovi and not for Motley Crue? Why was Ringo the first drummer in the hall? Seriously...Ringo? Not Bonham? Not Keith Moon? Share your aggravation among your friends in the Foo.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Your 2019 nominees (courtesy of Reno in another thread):

Def Leppard, Devo, Janet Jackson, John Prine, Kraftwerk, LL Cool J, MC5, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Roxy Music, Stevie Nicks, the Cure, Todd Rundgren, Rufus & Chaka Kahn and the Zombies are all potentially up for induction at the March 29, 2019, ceremony in Brooklyn, NY, at Barclays Center.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-2019-nominees
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

I really lost a lot of respect for the R&R HOF when I was in college. We went there as part of a writting class in our freshman honors program, and the big exhibit they had at the time was clothing worn in different music videos or on stage. None of it was worn by what I would consider Rock and Roll artists; essentially Brittney Sprears and boy band crap (I get that that's "pop Rock"...but do any of them even know how to play an instrument?!) Also, it was 2003, so it wasn't even like the stuff was that old. It was a big disappointment, some things were cool but I honestly didn't leave feeling like I learned anything about the history of Rock that I didn't already know.
    OTOH, Cleveland has a very nice art museum, I would recommend that to anyone travelling through.