Thread: Nick Saban 'disappointed' in spotty Bama student-attendance numbers

Default Nick Saban 'disappointed' in spotty Bama student-attendance numbers

This same type of complaint could be leveled towards the Kennel Club...not necessarily in terms of attendance, but for lack of enthusiasm. KC really needs to bring it this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...lafayette-game

"I can honestly say I was a little disappointed there weren't more students at the last game," Saban told reporters in Tuscaloosa. "I think we're trying to address that. I don't think they're entitled to anything, either. Me, personally, I think it ought to be first-come, first-serve. If they don't want to come to the game, they don't have to come. But I'm sure there's enough people around here that would like to go to the games, and we'd like for them to come too because they support the players."

A few players, including long-snapper Thomas Fletcher, took to Twitter to echo Saban's frustration with the empty seats in Bryant-Denny Stadium's student section.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    This same type of complaint could be leveled towards the Kennel Club...not necessarily in terms of attendance, but for lack of enthusiasm. KC really needs to bring it this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...lafayette-game
    Perhaps Napoleon should schedule up instead of being an honorary member of the Sun Belt Conference every year. So many cupcakes during ooc season, Bryant Denny should be renamed The Bakery.

schedule practice type competition and get same type fans
    Dissent, insight and contextual discussion makes a website 'sticky' and engaging - not just predictable, safe position fanboyism. Monoculture is uninteresting and lacks intellectual depth.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Perhaps Napoleon should schedule up instead of being an honorary member of the Sun Belt Conference every year. So many cupcakes during ooc season, Bryant Denny should be renamed The Bakery.
    But the SEC is so tough...you hear that meme from SEC fans, and ACC fans during basketball season.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    But the SEC is so tough...you hear that meme from SEC fans, and ACC fans during basketball season.
    The top is but Tennessee, Vandy, Arky both, Mississippi schools and Florida are medicore at best and that;s being generous. Plus the SEC only plays 8 conference games while every other P5 conference plays 9. I'm glad they're getting called out on it; finally.

too be fair...the last 3 years in the football championship game....4 of 6 teams have been from the SEC
    Dissent, insight and contextual discussion makes a website 'sticky' and engaging - not just predictable, safe position fanboyism. Monoculture is uninteresting and lacks intellectual depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    too be fair...the last 3 years in the football championship game....4 of 6 teams have been from the SEC
    I think Alabama is so good, they could give the worst NFL team a run for it's money. That being said, if you schedule awful ooc opponents year in and year out and you're up by 50 in the 3rd quarter, don't be surprised if the fans start to bail. Schedule up, or quit whining, you can't have it both ways.

If I was an Alabama student/fan I wouldn't show up for their two annual non conference 'cupcake' games either. Who wants to watch a game where the score is 63-0 at halftime?

I think Alabama is so good, they could give the worst NFL team a run for it's money.

Not even close. The worst NFL team would beat Alabama 100 times out of 100 and would win by 'at least' 3 TDs every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post
    Not even close. The worst NFL team would beat Alabama 100 times out of 100 and would win by 'at least' 3 TDs every time.
    This is the best Alabama team...ever. Every single starter will lat least spend some time on an NFL roster.

I have a co-worker who is a 'Bama diehard. As he says, it's the same thing every season. 3 or 4 home games vs. FCS or bottom of the barrel FBS teams every season. Also, scheduling so-called "big time" "neutral stadium" games in SEC friendly stadiums against BCS teams who aren't very good. Next year they are playing Duke in Atlanta. I looked at their future schedules, and they have FINALLY agreed to future home and homes vs. Notre Dame and Texas. I thought Louisiana was a D-2 team until I realized they were Louisiana-Lafayette. Alabama is swimming with money. There is no excuse why they can't bring in UNLV, Oregon State, Pitt or some team people have heard.

I still feel it was a joke that they got into the playoff last season over UCF, who, BTW could very well go unbeaten for the 2nd season in a row and miss the playoff. For the 2nd year in a row, UCF was scheduled to play an ACC school, but the game got cancelled. Their biggest challenges appear to be Cincinnati and South Florida - their last 2 regular season games. If they win those, they will probably destroy their conference championship title game opponent. All the best American teams are on their side of the league.

As a side note: the Pac 12 has got to stop scheduling these one off games vs. SEC games at SEC friendly stadiums every year. No reason why UW and Auburn can't do a home and home. Auburn is doing a home and home with Cal in a few years.

This is the best Alabama team...ever. Every single starter will lat least spend some time on an NFL roster.

Doesn't matter. Ask any NFL player or any NFL rookie from Alabama that question and you will get the same answer. The game wouldn't even be close. Completely different levels; men against boys.

Doesn't matter. Ask any NFL player or any NFL rookie from Alabama that question and you will get the same answer. The game wouldn't even be close. Completely different levels; men against boys.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. This specific team could hang with the worst NFL team.

Yep.
    "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

This is true. Every once in a while Bama’s D would get a 3 and out. Bama’s O would get shoved back all day long. In a 16 game season they would get some field goals but TDs would be rare
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!