Thread: Kelly Olynyk Article

Default Kelly Olynyk Article

Meet Kelly Olynyk, the man who loves to try new food and new roles on the court

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/n...219296010.html

Kelly Olynyk Injured In Exhibition Game
    August 7th, 2019 at 9:59pm CST by Clark Crum
    Heat big man Kelly Olynyk slipped on what appeared to be a wet spot on the court during a FIBA exhibition game between Canada and Nigeria earlier this evening and limped to the locker room thereafter as a result (h/t to Josh Lewenberg of The Sports Network).

Olynyk was dribbling the ball up the floor, quickly slipped and crashed to the court directly on his right knee, and came up hobbled before making his way to the locker room. He did not return to the game.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Kelly Olynyk Injured In Exhibition Game
    August 7th, 2019 at 9:59pm CST by Clark Crum
    Heat big man Kelly Olynyk slipped on what appeared to be a wet spot on the court during a FIBA exhibition game between Canada and Nigeria earlier this evening and limped to the locker room thereafter as a result (h/t to Josh Lewenberg of The Sports Network).

Olynyk was dribbling the ball up the floor, quickly slipped and crashed to the court directly on his right knee, and came up hobbled before making his way to the locker room. He did not return to the game.
    Absolutely bummed out about this, watched the replay not good, hit his knee pretty hard. We will know tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone for a while and misses the tour down under and the World Championships.

I have tickets for the Perth games against Australia and the main reason was to finally see Kelly play live......

Well not all bad in the end....just a bruise and he will make the trip here after all.

Last edited by OZZY; 08-08-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Absolutely bummed out about this, watched the replay not good, hit his knee pretty hard. We will know tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone for a while and misses the tour down under and the World Championships.

I have tickets for the Perth games against Australia and the main reason was to finally see Kelly play live......

Well not all bad in the end....just a bruise and he will make the trip here after all.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...kely-world-cup

Miami Heat big man Kelly Olynyk suffered a bruised knee in an exhibition, but he is still expected to play in the FIBA World Cup for Canada, coach Nick Nurse said Thursday.

August 11th 2019 at 9:12am CST by Arthur Hill
    The Heat will face an important decision on Kelly Olynyk at some point this season, writes Ira Winderman of The Sun-Sentinel. Olynyk can opt out of his contract next summer if he believes he can do better than his $13.2MM salary for 2020/21, and his choice will have a significant effect on Miami’s flexibility in free agency.

The Heat can create about $12MM in cap room, assuming James Johnson opts in to his $16MM salary and free agent Goran Dragic is let go. If Olynyk opts out, that number will exceed $25MM, putting Miami in a much better position to add a top name in free agency. After this year’s spending spree, Winderman estimates only about six teams will have that much to spend.

He adds that the Heat may consider dealing Olynyk during the season so they don’t have to wait for his decision. They could also try to negotiate a long-term contract next summer that replaces the option year, but that would effectively take them out of the next free agency bonanza in 2021 when include Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bradley Beal, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Blake Griffin, Jrue Holiday and Victor Oladipo will all be on the market.

A wonderful read on Kelly and Corey Joseph's long partnership, spreading across Canada after Kelly moved to BC 14 years ago.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-cornerstones/

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    A wonderful read on Kelly and Corey Joseph's long partnership, spreading across Canada after Kelly moved to BC 14 years ago.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-cornerstones/

That was a fun one, thanks for sharing.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    "50" IMO that article sends conflicting messages...

"On Thursday, Canada coach Nick Nurse said he expected Olynyk to play in the World Cup."

Do you see what I mean?

I can’t see him playing with that diagnosis. Bone contusions can be real trouble.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    "50" IMO that article sends conflicting messages...

"On Thursday, Canada coach Nick Nurse said he expected Olynyk to play in the World Cup."

Do you see what I mean?
    I do Bogo. Think I must have sped read thru that.

Anxious now to see what really transpires. National pride up against long term health & $.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.