Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call----Kraziness in the Kennel this Saturday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Just for clarification, you were glad, or Timme was? I'm pathetic, I'm like an addict needing his fix. lol
    Lol, you're fine. I was glad, Timme smiled and I thought it looked like Brock was ribbing him a little during the chant. It wss a little hard for me to pay too close attention with the scrimmage going on and an 8 year old girl asking a million questions the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by PfIdZag View Post
    Lol, you're fine. I was glad, Timme smiled and I thought it looked like Brock was ribbing him a little during the chant. It wss a little hard for me to pay too close attention with the scrimmage going on and an 8 year old girl asking a million questions the whole time.
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the 1st hand account. Please post more.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the 1st hand account. Please post more.
    Will do, long time lurker but with Kraziness not being televised I figured I'd want to hear how it went if I didn't attend.

It was interesting to watch the players dynamic during a 'practice' as opposed to an actual game. I felt like Perkins carried himself as the leader of the team, confident and in control throughout. I'll admit I haven't always been a big fan of him but watching today I'm convinced this team will go as far as he takes them. Plus both him and Snacks lit up the 3pt contest.

Got there right at 4 o'clock with my son and was still able to find seats, but it was harder than other years. Don't like to wait in line with the kids. Team looked pretty good, nothing more to add from me that hasn't already been said, but energy was high from students and fans alike. Liked Few's comments about being a special team this year and they have talked about it as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by zagporvida View Post
    Got there right at 4 o'clock with my son and was still able to find seats, but it was harder than other years. Don't like to wait in line with the kids. Team looked pretty good, nothing more to add from me that hasn't already been said, but energy was high from students and fans alike. Liked Few's comments about being a special team this year and they have talked about it as a team.
    We got there at 1:30 so were able get decent seats. Started at the upper middle section but moved down to be closer.

I thought they made a mistake on the poster and program by omitting Larsen until I logged onto Reddit. This had to be in motion for awhile since he wasn't included in either.

Quote Originally Posted by PfIdZag View Post
    It was interesting to watch the players dynamic during a 'practice' as opposed to an actual game. I felt like Perkins carried himself as the leader of the team, confident and in control throughout. I'll admit I haven't always been a big fan of him but watching today I'm convinced this team will go as far as he takes them. Plus both him and Snacks lit up the 3pt contest.
    That was my sentiment as well. This team had better hope that Josh stays healthy. I thought he really looked good. He handled handled and shot the ball well and had a couple nice finishes with contact. Snacks and Clarke both looked very good too. But I see a pretty sharp drop off in point guard after Josh. Ayayi passed up some damn near point blank shots in the paint that I would have liked to see him take.

I didn't really like Rui's decisions. He seemed to be forcing a lot of shots and as noted, both Tillie and Clarke blocked and/or altered quite a few of his shots. But both Tillie and Clarke obviously have a pretty good idea what Rui likes to do.

Practice wise, they are a little short without Larsen and Geno. I believe only 11 players played in the scrimmage today with Foster "starting" for the blue team and Beach subbing.

Jackson Frank

@jackfrank_jjf
    8m8 minutes ago
    More
    Josh Perkins on the status of his right shoulder, which underwent surgery back in late April: "The shoulder's good, got cleared a couple days ago, biggest smile I've probably had in my entire life. Being away from the game for 4-5 months, it gives you that itch."

Gonzaga Guru Retweeted

Jackson Frank

@jackfrank_jjf
    12m12 minutes ago
    More
    Brandon Clarke on Gonzaga's frontcourt depth, which features him, Killian Tillie, Rui Hachimura & Filip Petrusev: “It’s definitely good having an inside-out game with the bigs. I feel like it’s just really, really hard to guard."

Nice article in the Spokesman about the game:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...o-healthy-sta/
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

lotta athletism .....stay healthy and good things will happen

Great to hear Perkins was playing well
    I just had shoulder surgery on Thursday. At 66 my first surgery. Before Thursday I was hoping to get to McCarthey and watch the Zags. Not so, surgery takes more out of you than expected. Pretty sore too. I admire how Josh has bounced back and is said to look to be dang near 100%. Hope this is Josh’s best year as a Zag!

Kudos to Spokane! KITK being packed is such a great testament for how the town appreciates the program. It had to have made quite an impression on Timme & Ravet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Zag Nation

@UnitedWeZag
    13s14 seconds ago
    More
    Seems like Clarke has Rui figured out

Darnay Tripp

Verified account

@DarnayTripp
    Follow Follow @DarnayTripp
    More
    Brandon Clarke playing lockdown D on Rui. Has blocked or altered multiple shots.
    Well, Clarke did swat the most shots in his Conference, was up for DPOY, averaged over 2 blocks per game, & had a handful of 5+ blocks in a game.

For those who were there, did Foster or Ayayi look ready to shoulder some minutes at the point guard position?
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    For those who were there, did Foster or Ayayi look ready to shoulder some minutes at the point guard position?
    I think that physically they can both compete at this level, it's a matter of learning the system, heart and desire at this point. The last two can easily be tested while watching from the bench for a lot of athletes (not saying that this necessarily applies to these two). But to answer the question, I think that Foster is the better choice between the two for backup point guard duties based on a 15 minute sample size, which isn't much obviously. But Ayayi has already burned his redshirt while Foster has not. Based on that, IF GENO IS AVAILABLE, I would expect Foster to redshirt, Perkins and Geno to run the point 97% of the time, while Norvell fills in the other 3%, and Ayayi playing mostly the 2 when he comes in. Again, this is just how I see it playing out, but I certainly don't get paid for my opinion.

I thought Foster was pretty much invisible and not too sure of the system at this early juncture. Joel is really fast and made some contributions. He will be dynamite on defense and on the fast break. I thought he was head and shoulders above Foster. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Agree with the other assessments. Foster isn't ready and Ayayi is more of a combo guard than pg. Ayayi had some wicked speed on both ends, I feel like his floater will be something we'll all see a lot more of in the next couple years.

Facing Clarke who appears to be a strong defender every day in practice is going to help Rui prepare for the elite defenders coming soon.

Default Other nuggets from KITK reports...

Perkin's shoulder still only 85% according to Snax. He's not an MD but knows his team mate.

Geno update is that he still hasn't competed work to graduate. Getting tight now.

For those of us who do not get to see the Zags play in person it is a total rush to watch the Kennel club in full force as the open to a new season. It is a great event if you get a chance and willing to get there two hours early to wait in line. Was able to peak into MF awesome office that is adjacent to the court on the east side. Super cool to see.

Go Zags!

#runthetable

The Kennel Club in action last night!

https://youtu.be/ZKUuaocSMhM

I would disagree a bit with previous stated assessments of Foster. Good looking athlete who could certainly facilitate the offense in 2-5 minute stretches if needed. Did not look ready to be a scorer yet however.

Ayayi is jet quick. As I recall had a lay-up scooping with his right hand on the left side & also a very nice looking floater in the lane that he converted.

I think both of these guys will have defined limited roles that they will be able to handle easily.
    But we don't play nobody.

Just from last night I think if Geno isn't here Foster will be the one giving breathers to Perkins as far as bringing the ball up. Obviously that's just based on the scrimmage we'll see what happens from exhibition games. Foster just looks more natural doing it than Ayayi

Didn’t realize Rui has been battling a sore knee. Hrmpfff