Thread: JWill

Default JWill

12 minutes.. 4/5 shooting 8 points 4 rebounds. I hope he can stick on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    12 minutes.. 4/5 shooting 8 points 4 rebounds. I hope he can stick on the roster.
    Lakers roster is already pretty much set. They have 15 guys with guaranteed contracts and already signed 2 guys to fill their G league two way slots. JW did sign an "exhibit 10" contract with the Lakers which means he is getting paid 2k a week while in training camp (plus per diem and hotel) and once he is waived he gets a 50k bonus if he goes to Lakers G league team. The bonus was designed to entice guys to stay in the US and play in the G-League instead of going overseas. If JW stays in US and goes to the G league he will end up making about 90K overall for the 7 month season. Not bad, but he could probably make at least twice that if he were to go overseas

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    Lakers roster is already pretty much set. They have 15 guys with guaranteed contracts and already signed 2 guys to fill their G league two way slots. JW did sign an "exhibit 10" contract with the Lakers which means he is getting paid 2k a week while in training camp (plus per diem and hotel) and once he is waived he gets a 50k bonus if he goes to Lakers G league team. The bonus was designed to entice guys to stay in the US and play in the G-League instead of going overseas. If JW stays in US and goes to the G league he will end up making about 90K overall for the 7 month season. Not bad, but he could probably make at least twice that if he were to go overseas
    Thanks for contributing here, MileHigh! I learn a ton form your posts.

Let’s hope he continues impressing LeBron and Magic enough to keep him and cut a guaranteed guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Let’s hope he continues impressing LeBron and Magic enough to keep him and cut a guaranteed guy!
    There's an infinitesimal chance of that happening, but if he impresses in preseason he could open other eyes in the league, and if he wants to go the G-league route, it can be a quicker path to getting a 'cup of coffee' in the NBA (i.e. David Stockton vs. far superior players like Pangos and NWG).

He looks like a good young player. He might not get a Laker contract, but I'm thinking he'll catch on elsewhere.

Seems like the Lakers are convinced that Zags are worth checking out. Almost has to be part the fundamentals and also the maturity, bc they've given many of our guys a real eval, and some jobs.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Former Zag Lakers include

Ronny Turiaf
    Robert Sacre
    Adam Morrison
    Elias Harris

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/c...32/nba-players

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Former Zag Lakers include

Ronny Turiaf
    Robert Sacre
    Adam Morrison
    Elias Harris

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/c...32/nba-players
    And going back just a little bit further, Paul Rogers. 2nd round pick in 1997.