• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarenyon
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Current Weather in Purgatory

Currently it is 99' at 1755, with 45% humidity. Do you know how awful 45% humidity feels when it is 99'?
    GO ZAGS!!!
  • GPGUgrad
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Sarenyon View Post
    Currently it is 99' at 1755, with 45% humidity. Do you know how awful 45% humidity feels when it is 99'?
    No A/C?.... Are you in North Carolina?

And yes, I do know how humidity feels.... horrid!
    I lived in Florida and Bangkok. It was like living inside a hot sauna.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
      Administrator
      • Apr 2009

Are you staying in purgatory, or will you be heading north into Hell anytime soon?
      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Sarenyon
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Staying in purgatory this time, with a few trips back and forth to hell.

At least a dry air pattern is back, the fall weather here on the gulf means more humid spells, but this morning my glasses did not fog up immediately on departing my room.

Still, going to be hot today... somewhere around 114... but drier.
        GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
          Administrator
          • Apr 2009

How’s the family doing post-hurricane? Is everyone okay?
          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Pish posh... been through 99 and 80%... 45% isn't too bad.

That being said... still sucks. Hate stepping outside and instantly feeling like I am drenched in sweat.
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

Staying in purgatory this time, with a few trips back and forth to hell.

At least a dry air pattern is back, the fall weather here on the gulf means more humid spells, but this morning my glasses did not fog up immediately on departing my room.

Still, going to be hot today... somewhere around 114... but drier.

Ugh 114??? Find a cool place.
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• Sarenyon
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

How’s the family doing post-hurricane? Is everyone okay?
                Everyone made it through just fine... good to be on post for housing. They only lost power twice, for just about an hour each time.

Some areas of Fayetteville got hammered though from the water.

Good dry day today, but talking with a few people that are regulars (I cannot believe how many contractors I've worked with before are still around), Sep and Oct are when these humid days settle in. At least the temps are supposed to start heading lower in a few weeks.
                GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Glad you and everyone with you is fine. Stay safe and I hope it gets back to normal for you soon.

Comment

• Sarenyon
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Hot, but not as hot as it was before... We might have high temps under 100 around next Monday. Also a chance - yes a chance - of thunderstorms. Rain in the desert, I'll take it, even with the humidity. It's a wonder to miss rain. Unfortunately, home will be getting some more rain and wind soon with Matthew projected to move over NC.

In good news, with all the games on ESPN this year, there is a good chance a number of them will be on AFN, especially after the new year (football does rule). But hoping the W.tv works out for the others.
                    GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Sarenyon
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Today was the first day officially under 100. It actually only made it to 95, but 58% humidity at the same time... so the feels like was 106 or something.
                      GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Sarenyon
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Went from stupid hot to hot and muggy to thunderstorms and some rain (what, it rains here?) to a beautiful 78' today. Feels cool outside at 78' love it. Looks like a week in the 80's the next one with another chance at showers. Much better time of year than summer.
                        GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2009

I had to brush a couple inches of snow off of my truck on Thursday.

Are you and Mrs. Sarenyon thinking about a permanent return to New England when you finally hang up those dusty boots?

-Ken Pomeroy-

Comment

• Sarenyon
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

If she could convince me to like the cold a little more, We'd be moving up to your neck of the woods. As it is, maybe out West to OR (Bend area), or maybe VA around Charlottesville. Mountains while still just a few (half day) hours to a beach... so still looking at options after 3 more years.
                            GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Sarenyon
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

So we've been getting rain in Kuwait... yes rain. And significant amounts.

In the last two weeks we have received almost 3 inches of rain... Kuwait normally receives 3.5 to 4 inches per year! The minister of public works resigned over the failure of the roads systems and drainage issues. We will receive maybe another half an inch over the next three days.
                              GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X