Thread: Micah Downs Signs with Benefica in Portugal

Default Micah Downs Signs with Benefica in Portugal

From Eurobasket: https://www.eurobasket.com/Portugal/...er,-ex-Avtodor

Sport Lisboa Benfica (LPB) added to their roster 32-year old American forward Micah Downs (203-91kg-86, college: Gonzaga). He played last season at Avtodor in Russian VTB league. Downs managed to play in three leagues last year. In 6 FIBA Europe Cup games he recorded 14.2ppg, 4.8rpg, 2.5apg and 1.2spg. He also played 26 games in VTB United League where he averaged 10.6ppg, 4.4rpg and 1.7apg. And finally Downs contributed to 5 games in Basketball Champions League where he had 7.6ppg, 4.8rpg and 2.6apg.

The previous (16-17) season he played at Entente Orleans 45 (ProA) in league. In 26 games he got 14.0ppg, 4.5rpg and 3.0apg. A very spectacular season in his career as he was voted to Eurobasket.com All-French ProA Honorable Mention and League Player of the Week.

Downs has tried to make it to the NBA and played in the NBA Pro Summer League in 2013.
    The list of the past achievements is quite long as among others he played in the final of Spanish LEB Gold Play-Off in 2011. Downs was also voted Eurobasket.com VTB League All-Imports Team back in 2015.

He is quite experienced player. Downs' career allowed him to visit three different continents, while he played in eight different countries. Downs tasted the life as pro basketball player in Europe, Latin America and of course North America. He has played previously professionally in Belgium (Leuven Bears), Croatia (KK Zadar), Italy (Deco), Ukraine (Budivelnyk), Venezuela (Bucaneros), NBA (Boston Celtics), Spain (La ICL Manresa and Burgos) and NBA G League (Erie Bay Hawks and Maine Red Claws).

Downs attended Gonzaga University until 2009 and it will be his tenth season as a professional player.
    On Downs: A very athletic forward who showed that he's not only a fantastic leaper some years after graduation. Can score at will, grabs lots of rebounds, runs up and down on the court with great quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    ZN,

You do a fantastic job of keeping us totally informed about our Zags! I can't thank you enough for finding articles/stories about GU's current, past and perspective players!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    ZN,

You do a fantastic job of keeping us totally informed about our Zags! I can't thank you enough for finding articles/stories about GU's current, past and perspective players!
    Zags are my obsession. I love following them no matter where they go.