Thread: Damage to GWU (video screen)

Default Damage to GWU (video screen)

That was at George Washington University... not GU!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Wow! Heads will surely roll for this one! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/ncaa...vmy?li=BBnb7Kz

Jumbotron at George Washington University's Smith Center Collapses on Court

The jumbotron at George Washington University's Charles E. Smith center collapsed onto the court on Tuesday. George Washington's student-run television station shared photos of the arena's fallen jumbotron on social media.

The USA women's basketball national team played Japan at the Smith Center on Monday. The team is supposed to practice at the university again on Wednesday morning.

The Washington Mystics have used the Smith center as a temporary home during their 2018 WNBA playoff run. Due to the USA Basketball conflict, the team will host the Seattle Storm in Game 3 of the finals at EagleBank Arena at George Mason University instead.

Oooos... just realized this was not GU. Sorry if I caused any alarm.

Mods, please delete and save me some embarrassment.

come on mang

Fun Fact:

Years ago a similar thing happened at University of North Carolina. The video board and support was designed and provided by a (former) Spokane firm (American Sign and Indicator). Apparently AS&I was hiring out the structural engineering for their signage products. After the failure at UNC, AS&I decided to bring the structural engineering in house.

I interviewed for the position of structural engineer at AS&I in the Spokane Valley and was offered the job. Thankfully for myself and my family, I turned down the job and 18 months later AS&I left Spokane for the greener pastures of the Southeast.

ZagDad

It was not as bad as it appears. Maintenance crew already had the Jumbotron lowered for maintenance and one of the cables slipped. It only fell a few feet.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time