Thread: Mwuara Ready for the spotlight...

Default Mwuara Ready for the spotlight...

Gotta throw props to F1D who posted this on Facebook...

https://www.gonzagabulletin.com/spor...0f251cbec.html
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Thanks LI & F1. Knew this kid had some talent but this is encouraging.

I've mentioned this to F1 privately. Tyson's pushing 70. Great Coach but I wonder how long he sticks around. F1 is confident he will. Really hope he can reel in a few more kids like this.
    "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Thanks LI & F1. Knew this kid had some talent but this is encouraging.

I've mentioned this to F1 privately. Tyson's pushing 70. Great Coach but I wonder how long he sticks around. F1 is confident he will. Really hope he can reel in a few more kids like this.

Sitting,

Tyson has stated on the record that he isn’t interested in retirement. My own interactions with him indicate he is full of energy for the job.

Beyond that, Gonzaga is showing new dedication to the program. They recently increased the scholarship support from 4 full rides to 12 full rides.

They also hired a rising star in the coaching ranks to take over the women’s team from Patty Ley. I’m sure he must be paid well.

Our alumni group is up is getting involved more and more in support of the program. We’re hoping we can get a track built!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Gotta throw props to F1D who posted this on Facebook...

https://www.gonzagabulletin.com/spor...0f251cbec.html

Thanks for posting ����!!!

I must say this is a home run of epic proportions on a lot of different levels for Gonzaga. First, we attracted a top, top, top athlete to the program. For perspective, Gonzaga basketball has not gotten close to a recruit of equivalent caliber based on national rankings. This kid is a potential future Olympian and national champion. I don’t want to cheapen Coach Tyson ‘s recruiting effort, but it’s as if we won the mega lottery!

Second, the counseling provided to James on the academic front with no promise of a commitment is incredibly heartwarming and is yet another reason I Love Gonzaga so much.

Third, Coach Tyson says James is a special guy that wants to have a positive impact on the world. I’m so happy he chose Gonzaga to continue his life journey. I’m looking forward to meeting him when the team comes to Utah for the WCC Championships at the end of October!

Thanks for the additional info F1.
    "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."