Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shea treatment for Geno

Default Shea treatment for Geno

How do we get the Shea Patterson deal for Geno? Kid played at Ole Miss last year, got hurt and was mysteriously declared eligible this year at Harbaugh U. Big blue got pull, I suppose. Just in time for NBC tonight.

Here’s the cover story.....

Patterson decided to transfer anyway and committed to Michigan in December 2017. At the time, the NCAA’s rules didn’t offer any avenue for him to play immediately. But the NCAA passed a new rule that spring that allowed transfers with “mitigating circumstances” to play without sitting a season. That freed up Patterson and a handful of former teammates, and it gave Michigan a new starting quarterback for the 2018 season.

My thinking is we (fans on this board) should wait to learn what is going on before “solving” any potential problems with the Zags.

GZ, my tongue was firmly in cheek. When it comes to big time “foot-bawl,” clearly some blue bloods are bluer than others.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    GZ, my tongue was firmly in cheek. When it comes to big time “foot-bawl,” clearly some blue bloods are bluer than others.
    I'll agree about bluer than blue.

When it comes to Crandall, the panic level around here is unwarranted. If any organization warrants the benefit of the doubt it is Zags basketball. No matter how it turns out they deserve at least that. So far the story from the Zags SID is that they are working out the details. I'm willing to wait and see and I wouldn't bet against Crandall being in uniform to start the season. Even if that turns out to be wrong, I'm not going to question their approach here. They have been exemplary in their handling of the kids and their academics.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    I'll agree about bluer than blue.

When it comes to Crandall, the panic level around here is unwarranted. If any organization warrants the benefit of the doubt it is Zags basketball. No matter how it turns out they deserve at least that. So far the story from the Zags SID is that they are working out the details. I'm willing to wait and see and I wouldn't bet against Crandall being in uniform to start the season. Even if that turns out to be wrong, I'm not going to question their approach here. They have been exemplary in their handling of the kids and their academics.
    I dont know about that, he is a graduate transfer that has yet to graduate. The following academic year has started, it makes sense that one would speculate.

In times like this, I always turn to what Tommy has said, when he said that we fans know about 5% if what is actually going on. I would add to that, that some members of this forum do know quite a bit compared to what I know. When it comes to recruiting, I really don't know a whole lot unless I've been talking about players I have seen play (Ravet and Watson).

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I thought Shea looked overmatched and still has no clue how to make the simple play out of the pocket. Always swings for the fences when the single is the right play. Or shows off his arm by forcing it to no man's land He has a nice feel/feet in the pocket to avoid pressure but is lacking between the ears. Seems to blame others for his lack of control and overrated arm. His velocity and form is good but his placement and touch and decision making is off. Same thing at Ole Miss.

Wolverines may have won that game if they stuck with the McCrafrey kid, who knows when and where to throw the ball. Also, has some speed himself, better composure, and actually utilizes his check downs. He only converted 3 consecutive 3rd downs when Shea went out with cramps, when Patterson couldn't convert a single one. When Shea returned, another 3 and out.

No surprise Harbaugh chose the fiery and unpredictable Patterson, a mirror image of his playing days in many ways. Harbaug hasn't been able to chose the right QB as his starter since Andrew Luck.

It always seems the back ups are better fit until they subsequently transfer from Michigan leaving the unreliable QB's.

Shea Patterson for his wish and the result was pretty much as predicted. Shea looks the same and Harbaugh does as well.

GU BOARDS
    The Home of Gonzaga Basketball Talk

says it on the banner above

if members can't discuss stories that have actually been written about in the sports section of the Spokesman Review like

North Dakota transfer Geno Crandall not enrolled at Gonzaga

locking of threads without explanation leaves this member confused. What are we doing wrong?

How about privacy for an issue wherein a kid is struggling ? We are a curious bunch but we do not need to know everything. Some do (Few comes to mind) but we do not. More later...

Good pts Raise. The Mccaffery kid looked much more sound. Btw, how many Mccafreys are there? Endless. Billy was a snot. Maybe Shea Boy ends up at Last Chance University playing for the Neanderthal.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I thought Shea looked overmatched and still has no clue how to make the simple play out of the pocket. Always swings for the fences when the single is the right play. Or shows off his arm by forcing it to no man's land He has a nice feel/feet in the pocket to avoid pressure but is lacking between the ears. Seems to blame others for his lack of control and overrated arm. His velocity and form is good but his placement and touch and decision making is off. Same thing at Ole Miss.

Wolverines may have won that game if they stuck with the McCrafrey kid, who knows when and where to throw the ball. Also, has some speed himself, better composure, and actually utilizes his check downs. He only converted 3 consecutive 3rd downs when Shea went out with cramps, when Patterson couldn't convert a single one. When Shea returned, another 3 and out.

No surprise Harbaugh chose the fiery and unpredictable Patterson, a mirror image of his playing days in many ways. Harbaug hasn't been able to chose the right QB as his starter since Andrew Luck.

It always seems the back ups are better fit until they subsequently transfer from Michigan leaving the unreliable QB's.

Shea Patterson for his wish and the result was pretty much as predicted. Shea looks the same and Harbaugh does as well.

Wow, out of BB season, we get in-depth op/analysis of elite football during football season. Always learn something, even if I still don't know what's up with Geno.

I am bummed that he had to become a BOLD prediction.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    How about privacy for an issue wherein a kid is struggling ? We are a curious bunch but we do not need to know everything. Some do (Few comes to mind) but we do not. More later...
    I agree...it would be nice to know but sure isn't necessary...we will know when we should know!

here's my analysis of football

a "sport" which one conference has banned contact in all practices because

The idea behind the ban is simple: less hitting means less risk of brain damage and other physical injuries, and more opportunity to recover between games.
    LINK

gladiator "sport"

just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    GU BOARDS
    The Home of Gonzaga Basketball Talk

says it on the banner above

if members can't discuss stories that have actually been written about in the sports section of the Spokesman Review like

North Dakota transfer Geno Crandall not enrolled at Gonzaga

locking of threads without explanation leaves this member confused. What are we doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    It's a fan discussion board... Like Zagceo stated if this is a topic covered by the hometown paper of that school we shouldn't be locking up threads. Worrying about the privacy, feelings or whatever else of said player is not my problem. I come here to discuss news or anything else related to my favorite college basketball team. Stop acting like a bunch of mother hens these are ADULT young man playing a major D1 sport. Scrutiny and intrigue come with competing at this level

Geno still enrolled at UND as of today:
    http://grandforksherald.com/sports/b...l-enrolled-und

Quote Originally Posted by West Side Lady View Post
    Geno still enrolled at UND as of today:
    http://grandforksherald.com/sports/b...l-enrolled-und
    Interesting development. Semantics matter, to say “still enrolled” could be interpreted as a sort of default status of he just hasn’t formally left. That’s not the case. To be enrolled means the student has proactively registered for fall semester. One doesn’t become enrolled by default.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by jchocolate99 View Post
    It's a fan discussion board... Like Zagceo stated if this is a topic covered by the hometown paper of that school we shouldn't be locking up threads. Worrying about the privacy, feelings or whatever else of said player is not my problem. I come here to discuss news or anything else related to my favorite college basketball team. Stop acting like a bunch of mother hens these are ADULT young man playing a major D1 sport. Scrutiny and intrigue come with competing at this level
    Your attitude is completely appropriate for most programs and schools.

Gonzaga isn't most programs or most schools.

I'm very protective of my alma mater. I don't want anything bad to happen to it or to the student athletes, coaches, professors, administrators or the guy who cuts the quad lawn.

The administrators and most of the long time members of this board are Gonzaga people. They are not casual fans, but folks involved in a variety of ways with the school itself. I know most of them share my sentiments and want to protect Gonzaga.

If you want to call us Mother Hens because we have a deep love and affection for all things Gonzaga, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by jchocolate99 View Post
    There are those of us who are working behind the scenes to provide something better. Patience. The next era of GU fan culture is coming, and it will be awesome. We'll be on par with the UNC's, KU' and Duke's of the world, in that regard.

Okay, it’s Tuesday. Who knows the rules on late registrations-the when and how. In other words, is there a hope (based on fact) Geno can join school and play this semester? Only those posters with actual knowledge of the rules and process should respond; now is not the time for “we believe in you” posts. ��

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Okay, it’s Tuesday. Who knows the rules on late registrations-the when and how. In other words, is there a hope (based on fact) Geno can join school and play this semester? Only those posters with actual knowledge of the rules and process should respond; now is not the time for “we believe in you” posts. ��
    Apparently the last day to add a class for fall semester at GU is ...... tomorrow 9/5.

Just some general information:

UND is operating on a Semester (not quarter) system.
    Classes for Fall, 2018 Semester began on August 20, 2018.
    Winter commencement is scheduled for December 14. 2018.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Your attitude is completely appropriate for most programs and schools.

Gonzaga isn't most programs or most schools.

I'm very protective of my alma mater. I don't want anything bad to happen to it or to the student athletes, coaches, professors, administrators or the guy who cuts the quad lawn.

The administrators and most of the long time members of this board are Gonzaga people. They are not casual fans, but folks involved in a variety of ways with the school itself. I know most of them share my sentiments and want to protect Gonzaga.

If you want to call us Mother Hens because we have a deep love and affection for all things Gonzaga, so be it.
    In what way?

Basketball wise we are a top notch program, with high caliber players and some knucklehead players here and there, much like other programs that are perennial top 20 teams.

As far as a school...the school is only relevant because of the men's basketball team...your personal experiences at Gonzaga are no different than many other students who feel their University is "special"

Mark Few and his staff is what makes GU special...they know who they want, stick too and evolve their system as needed...we are extremely fortunate we landed a guy who is happy with where he is at..much like a Coach K, Self, Williams and Izzo
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    Just some general information:

UND is operating on a Semester (not quarter) system.
    Classes for Fall, 2018 Semester began on August 20, 2018.
    Winter commencement is scheduled for December 14. 2018.

ZagDad
    Speaking as someone who works in higher ed... commencement and conferral of degrees are not one in the same. A degree can be conferred any day... commencement is nothing but ceremonial. If he has classes that have incompletes, the degree can be conferred as soon as those incompletes are rectified.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Speaking as someone who works in higher ed... commencement and conferral of degrees are not one in the same. A degree can be conferred any day... commencement is nothing but ceremonial. If he has classes that have incompletes, the degree can be conferred as soon as those incompletes are rectified.
    Good insight here!

From North Dakota today: https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...l-enrolled-und

Make of it what you will.