X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

I always figured the Foo needed more Strange Brew gifs. I never found the right thread...until now.

“No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

What’s your take on Amazon not coming to LI?

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
        What’s your take on Amazon not coming to LI?
        To be clear, while they would have been on physically on the island known as Long Island.... they were going into NYC (Queens)... in fact they would have been as about as west as you can go on the island itself. Bit of a toss-up for me. From everything I have read... Amazon is NOT a good neighbor. Based on what I have read in terms of the problems they cause in Seattle and their indifference to it... not sure they deserved $3B in tax incentives. The area they would have gone into would have needed massive infrastructure improvements and they had no interest in helping out on that. That would have seriously cut into the "tax revenue" from the workers. To be honest... the "jobs" would simply have taken many skilled workers from existing jobs... so not sure it is as big of a hit as people portray it to be. I do think that it is a shame though. I think it would have helped spur tech growth in NYC. That being said... Google and Apple are adding NYC campuses without the massive tax incentives (7000 and 4000 jobs respectively). I feel like the hard core people on the right are freaking out a bit... and so are the people on the left. It would have been a net gain in the end for the area... and that is where I am a bit disappointed.
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

Here is some real news. I was at a family birthday party last night. My business partner is my cousin. Well technically he is my wife's cousin... but our family is very tight... so he is my cousin now. We both agreed that we are going to venture forward on a space. This is a space that unlike the last one... has a landlord that desperately wants a brewery in the space. I will say this. I feel like I jinxed the last space... so until I have a key in hand... I am not going to get much more definitive than this. That being said... working on our investor agreement this week and getting it to a lawyer to review.
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• Pallet
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

That's awesome! When do you start national distribution? The Foo market itself could be worth up to hundreds of dollars!

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
              Administrator
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Pallet View Post
              That's awesome! When do you start national distribution? The Foo market itself could be worth up to hundreds of dollars!
              The market of me is an important target demographic for your distribution plans.
              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                • Feb 2007

More like 10s of dollars.

Distribution is a ways down the road.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Had phone conference with a lawyer today. One tiny step forward.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                    • Feb 2007

Meeting with an architect tomorrow AM... still not saying much so I don't jinx it. But another small step forward.

Comment

• Akzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Bump ... for positioning

living vicariously through your adventure.

My path led me in a different direction, but about 20 years ago Anchorage was opening the first of their brewpubs.

My parents' neighbor was a groundskeeper at the local UAA campus. On a whim, he planted some hops (presumably a mature cut - as it did flower), that he had acquired alongside an auditorium wall. It grew over 30 feet that summer.
                      It got us to wondering if there could possibly be a way to grow hops commercially in Alaska. It pretty much died at the concept level, but it still tickles my brain from time to time.
                      So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• willandi
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

]
                        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                          • Feb 2007

Lawyer tomorrow for investor agreement... after that... getting investor money and signing the lease.

Comment

• gu03alum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                            Lawyer tomorrow for investor agreement... after that... getting investor money and signing the lease.
                            fingers crossed
                            Bring back the OCC

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                              • Feb 2007

Lawyer went well last week. Wants us to meet with town (NY has way too many layers of government) to make sure we aren't going to run into any major road blocks. Going to schedule that meeting for hopefully next week. If it looks like a relative green light then lawyer will work up agreement. This lawyer has tons of connections with the town, so that is going to be a big boost.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                                • Feb 2007

Pre-lim meeting with the town this week, if all goes according to plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X