Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LIZFs Brewing News Thread

Good meeting with the architect and landlord today. Banged around a bunch of ideas but have a solid idea of what wed like to do with the place. Now it is going to come down what the town wants. They demand too much we will be sunk on this location. architect is going to sit with the town this week hopefully and get more solid answers. Will post again when we regroup with him
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

After all, a soon-to-be released report found that San Diego County has more craft brewing locations — about 178 — than any other U.S. county. Not only that, but local breweries produced 1.1 million barrels of beer in 2017, up from 900,000 in 2016.
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...020-story.html
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

So after waiting 2.5 weeks for the architect to get back to us... he sends us an estimate instead. Not answering the fundamental questions as to whether the town was going to screw things up on a couple of fronts (sprinklers and how landlord is currently using open land on the property). Positive though is that the estimate basically spells out the he'd manage from beginning to end with the town. We just need to find out where he expects the probability is on how much paving they are going to require along with sprinklers (which we've resigned ourselves into not being able to get around).

Meantime, we are serving our beers at an event on Thursday.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Meantime, we are serving our beers at an event on Thursday.

Pics of the event, maybe?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post

Pics of the event, maybe?

Will make a point of it.

You all look for real, man!

How did it go?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Congrats....should have stuck tongue out!
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    You all look for real, man!

How did it go?
    Very well... made some great contacts for a) Real Estate should this place fall through and b) lawyers (may have a guy that specializes in zoning issues). Also got a contact for guy that specialized in liquor licensing. Beers went over well, even though we only took dark beers (coconut brown, breakfast porter, and milk stout).

Very well... made some great contacts for a) Real Estate should this place fall through and b) lawyers (may have a guy that specializes in zoning issues). Also got a contact for guy that specialized in liquor licensing. Beers went over well, even though we only took dark beers (coconut brown, breakfast porter, and milk stout).
    Those beers sound really good. A lot of the breweries around my neck of the woods are afraid to brew anything darker than an IPA.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Porter for breakfast sounds GREAT!...Well it ouuld have especially 20 years ago. Now even for dinner and I have to be careful, with the blood thinners etc.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Still waiting on news from architect. Now I understand why commerical projects get so drawn out.

Met with a paving company today... just waiting on quote. This could determine whether this location is going to work or not.

Also... website is now up and running:

https://www.taketwobrewery.com/

So now you can say that we are award winning brewers... won a homebrewing competition... just found out last night. Funny thing is... while it was a very good beer (I wouldn't have entered it otherwise) it isn't our best beer to date. Still need to remake that beer, our NE IPA, and start entering it in competitions.

So now you can say that we are award winning brewers... won a homebrewing competition... just found out last night. Funny thing is... while it was a very good beer (I wouldn't have entered it otherwise) it isn't our best beer to date. Still need to remake that beer, our NE IPA, and start entering it in competitions.
    I'll take a case of the Dark Sunrise, please!

They all look yummy. Congratulations.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Congratulations, my brother! You will soon be looking at many awards. Make sure you have sufficient office wall space.

Cheers!

So... have been having issues getting in touch with our prospective landlord... and he went radio silence on us for a month. Today he finally texted me back and said he'd rented the property out from underneath us. Mildly pissed, but just another minor bump in the road. Just pissed I wasted about 2 months on a dead end.