Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: LIZFs Brewing News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Sorry... but somewhat boring updates this time around. Insurance taken care, moving utilities over to us, phone conference with lawyer... finalizing a few things and hoping to file with the town in the next week or so. Just waiting on a few things from architect.
    I want a Jacuzzi out back ... is it too late to add that into the plans?

(seriously, congrats ... it's been a long road. You must be itching to get going .... )
    So many brackets, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    I want a Jacuzzi out back ... is it too late to add that into the plans?

(seriously, congrats ... it's been a long road. You must be itching to get going .... )
    LOL... will keep that in mind. We DO have a sizable back area that will eventually be a beer garden, just not right away.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

LIZF -

Did you name your newest beer in honor of my avatar?
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    LIZF -

Did you name your newest beer in honor of my avatar?

Wow... totally missed this post. No, but it came out so black that it kind of evolved into that name. But I plan on it being a series of beers... That is level 1... next one I am keeping same recipe but doubling the hop schedule. That will be called just a It's Just a Flesh Wound. Then the imperial version None Shall Pass... Oaked imperial will be I move for no man
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Waiting to hear back from the expediter, but she was planning on filing our paperwork this week with the town. Chatted online with another brewery upstate in NY that is about 8-10 months ahead of us. Found out he has been waiting to the SLA to review his application from January... they told him they'd likely, not definitively, be looking at it in May. Damn... I thought the state was going to be easier than the feds... nope... TTB is like 50-60 days beginning to end. Worst part is I cannot file with SLA until equipment is purchased. Ugh.

Wow... totally missed this post. No, but it came out so black that it kind of evolved into that name. But I plan on it being a series of beers... That is level 1... next one I am keeping same recipe but doubling the hop schedule. That will be called just a It's Just a Flesh Wound. Then the imperial version None Shall Pass... Oaked imperial will be I move for no man
    That sounds like a really tasty flight.

Next milestone is next Wednesday... when we get the keys to other half of the building. Architect is delaying our filing... going to be making a phone call this afternoon to light a fire under him.

Full control of building as of today... I know because I just paid the first rent payment. Architect got us plans needed... but now needs to sign and seal them... delaying us... again.

Full control of building as of today... I know because I just paid the first rent payment. Architect got us plans needed... but now needs to sign and seal them... delaying us... again.
    Awesome!
    Bring back the OCC

Y’all better be open for business before the Jimmy V Classic in December. There will be a lot of thirsty Zag fans headed your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Y’all better be open for business before the Jimmy V Classic in December. There will be a lot of thirsty Zag fans headed your way.

Uhhh that definitely ain't happening.

NYS SLA - expected timeframe 4 months just to get review of application another month or two for final approval
    TTB (formerly part of ATF) - This is honestly the short one... 1.5-2 months from app to approval
    Town - likely 3-4 months for approvals
    County - Likely at least 2-3 months for approvals
    Equipment - during good times, lead times were 4 months from order to delivery. Suspect that with COVID we are talking 5-6 months

Now... not some of this is going to happen at the same time. SLA, I cannot file until I order equipment... I don't want to order equipment until I at least have some level of approval from the town. County is only about waste water and I am friends with a county legislator, so I might be able to pull some strings to speed that process up. But ultimately, I want town and county almost done or done before SLA/equipment in case layouts/plumbing/electric need to be changed based on feedback from them. While I am waiting for SLA and equipment, I plan on doing the build-out of the brewery. TTB... we are filing once all the finances are finalized, which should be in the next few weeks. So based on rough timelines... January realistically may be the earliest.

What we are looking to do is possibly see if we can get wholesale from SLA and Brewer's notice from TTB right away so that we can at least contract brew and wholesale kegs to bars/restaurants and sell cans directly.

Hope to be open in time for Zags winning the Natty.

That will make for a great party at the tasting room.

Uhhh that definitely ain't happening.

NYS SLA - expected timeframe 4 months just to get review of application another month or two for final approval
    TTB (formerly part of ATF) - This is honestly the short one... 1.5-2 months from app to approval
    Town - likely 3-4 months for approvals
    County - Likely at least 2-3 months for approvals
    Equipment - during good times, lead times were 4 months from order to delivery. Suspect that with COVID we are talking 5-6 months

Now... not some of this is going to happen at the same time. SLA, I cannot file until I order equipment... I don't want to order equipment until I at least have some level of approval from the town. County is only about waste water and I am friends with a county legislator, so I might be able to pull some strings to speed that process up. But ultimately, I want town and county almost done or done before SLA/equipment in case layouts/plumbing/electric need to be changed based on feedback from them. While I am waiting for SLA and equipment, I plan on doing the build-out of the brewery. TTB... we are filing once all the finances are finalized, which should be in the next few weeks. So based on rough timelines... January realistically may be the earliest.

What we are looking to do is possibly see if we can get wholesale from SLA and Brewer's notice from TTB right away so that we can at least contract brew and wholesale kegs to bars/restaurants and sell cans directly.

Going into business is going to turn you into an anti regulation libertarian my friend. Holy Schnikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Going into business is going to turn you into an anti regulation libertarian my friend. Holy Schnikes!!
    Nah... most of that stuff isn't anything other than volume and low staffing (especially TTB and SLA). The TTB is notoriously understaffed. For every label on every can of beer/wine/liquor produced domestically and sold here... a department of 5 or 6 people handle it. With thousands of microbreweries... you start to appreciate the lag times. Makes you almost pine for a slightly larger (at least in that realm) government.

Town is the town... that might be the most bureaucratic... but I have already met with the head of planning and they are behind the project 100% (although they can't formally say that). TBH, they cannot really say no to the use as it is part of the existing zoning. Most of it is just making sure stuff is done properly and to code. I am cool with that.

What type of libation will you have with the name 'Net Cutter', to drink during that run to the natty?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Excellent question and I love the name. Going to put some thought into it. But thinking a golden ale or nice Pilsner

Just need my business partner to finish his part and we will be filing for our TTB.

Filing for TTB on Tuesday morning. Next step is getting to work on the SLA. Our lawyer is filing with the town Tuesday as well.

Filing for TTB on Tuesday morning. Next step is getting to work on the SLA. Our lawyer is filing with the town Tuesday as well.
    Hooray!!!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Filed with w town this morning. Waiting on one document for TTB