Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2019 Battle 4 Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Great opportunity for Zags to show how good they can be; they will need to play great to win this tourney. One game at a time. I’m real excited to see what these Zags got!
    Let’s go 1-0 today!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Default arrived in the Bahamas ....waiting for the games to begin..

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Safe travels, GZF. Hope to read your takes on the games, the venue, and the experience next week.
    Flew in from Atlanta yesterday... saw lots of UNC fans and lots of Iowa State fans and a few Michigan fans on the plane. Didn't see any other Gonzaga fans, nor did I see any of the obnoxious green and gold from Oregon. Should be fun...I have a theory that the small venue (they convert a ballroom into a basketball court) may have unusual backdrops which will have an adverse effect on 3-point shooting. If this holds true the Zags inside game will be vital and CK will go 5 for 7 from downtown!!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Since I'm too lazy to look it up, if we beat the Ducks today, what time is Friday's game? If we lose to the Ducks, what time is Friday's game?
    IF YOU ZAG, PLEASE DON'T ZIG

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Since I'm too lazy to look it up, if we beat the Ducks today, what time is Friday's game? If we lose to the Ducks, what time is Friday's game?
    The answer in both cases is 9:00. or 9:30.

You will have to look up the correct time zone!

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/stor...4a-bracket.png
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

The way I read that schedule, Willandi, is if we win it's at 11 a.m. Pacific time and if we lose it's 8:30 a.m. Pacific time.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    The way I read that schedule, Willandi, is if we win it's at 11 a.m. Pacific time and if we lose it's 8:30 a.m. Pacific time.
    That's what I was thinking as well. So it's some early morning Zags basketball for us here on the West Coast. I'll have the coffee brewing !!
    IF YOU ZAG, PLEASE DON'T ZIG

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well. So it's some early morning Zags basketball for us here on the West Coast. I'll have the coffee brewing !!
    Irish coffee to be sure!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Waiting for the start of the UNC-Oregon game...just had a chat with Bob McAdoo and Greg Anthony....
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Battle 4 Atlantis All-Tournament team: Michigan's Jon Teske (MVP) and Isaiah Livers, Gonzaga's Filip Petrusev, Oregon's Payton Pritchard and Seton Hall's Myles Powell

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Battle 4 Atlantis All-Tournament team: Michigan's Jon Teske (MVP) and Isaiah Livers, Gonzaga's Filip Petrusev, Oregon's Payton Pritchard and Seton Hall's Myles Powell
    Thanks Reno. Was curious how that would sort out.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

All good choices. Congrats to Filip. He's really going a good job. Lots more work for him to be an NBAer. Today that was noticeable. Love the kid though.

Cool....was surprised and pleased to see him take and make the three.....looked good doing it....

I wonder what kind of shooter Timme is. He is trusted by Few to handle the ball like Tillie on press situations. If he could shoot the 3 occasionally it would open up options for him and others. Bring another big out. Especially against a packed in zone. Maybe take a little pressure off Filip. Timme really needs to work on his high to low passing. He threw several away during the tournament.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Default Battle for Atlantis(GU article)

Love the zags for life

Spot on. Main takeaway: Top 15 team.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Spot on. Main takeaway: Top 15 team.
    Interesting. I read this as the main takeaway:
    Gonzaga is a national title contender. Again. That was the biggest takeaway from this week even though they fell short of winning the Battle 4 Atlantis Championship.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I think they are a top 15 team right now, and could make a run toward the national championship if some pieces evolve and get healthy.

If our guards get more comfortable in the system and up their shooting a bit, if Watson gets healthy, and we get the improvement we need from Petro/Tillie and Kispert, we could make a final four.

I don't see a discrepancy there. I wouldn't put us in the top 8 right now, while we're injured and still young. But they could get better.

We have to win 2 of the next 3 "big" games to get a protected see (IMO), as I don't think we'll go undefeated this year in conf. If we can do that - and it will be tough - then we're in good shape.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

It’s hard for me to bite my tongue when this new thread about the Battle in Atlantis was started about 10 minutes after the same poster told us in the other Atlantis thread that we need to move on.

After a stellar start to the season, Gonzaga's graduate transfer backcourt combo of Admon Gilder and Ryan Woolridge came back to earth in the Bahamas. In three games at the Battle 4 Atlantis, Gilder averaged 5.0 points, 1.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists while shooting 4-for-17 from the field and 3-for-10 from 3-point range. Woolridge was a bit better due to his 14 assists in three games, but he scored 4.0 points, shot 4-for-19 from the field and missed all three of his 3-point attempts. Both were banged up during the tournament, but while Mark Few is stocked up with options in the frontcourt, he doesn't have much perimeter depth behind his starters, outside of Joel Ayayi. That is magnified when they're struggling.
    LINK: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...uesday-meeting

I thought this season was a "manage your expectations" season just because experienced guard play is so critical to consistent success. A lot of GU's early success made me forget that this team is going to have those pains, and while I think we're still pretty darn good when enough time is devoted to game prep and peeps are healthy, every loss reminds me that I told myself i was going to manage my expectations.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Gonzaga lost to Michigan …….. not Evansville or Steven F Austin....

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It’s hard for me to bite my tongue when this new thread about the Battle in Atlantis was started about 10 minutes after the same poster told us in the other Atlantis thread that we need to move on.
    Say it. Or dm me. Dont be passive aggressive.

Just like Abe when he daid "zags11 needs to have a day off." Abe lucky he a dr and known zag person or he would of been perma banned. So lets all be nice.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Say it. Or dm me. Dont be passive aggressive.

Just like Abe when he daid "zags11 needs to have a day off." Abe lucky he a dr and known zag person or he would of been perma banned. So lets all be nice.
    I didn't do well with dictatorial statements such as the one you made telling everyone to move on. Then you posted a new thread about the thing you told us to move on from. Perhaps you didn't intent it that way, but the comment came across in equal parts hypocritical and ironic. I don't have a problem with you, but many of your posts in this thread have been just short of boorish, in my view (including this one). That's all I have to say and I will be nice to you in the future.