Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Battle 4 Atlantis

Anyone be hear where what tournament next thanksgiving?
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I'll be totally shocked if we won this thing, but hope I'm wrong. Just don't see it the way we've been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    I'll be totally shocked if we won this thing, but hope I'm wrong. Just don't see it the way we've been playing.
    Oh Ye of little faith. Don't forget that Gonzaga beat Michigan St in a scrimmage. They are as good as anyone in the tournament we will face. Also pay attention to how well our defense is playing. One other thing is how well Gonzaga almost always does in these Holiday Tournaments. Keep the faith, brother.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    I won’t be shocked if this team wins it. If this team plays as well as they did against Texas A&M, they can beat anyone. This defense can frustrate offenses for long stretches of games. If they force a lot of turnovers and grab a lot of rebounds, like they did in College Station, they can set up that lethal fast break offense.

If they play like they did against Texas Arlington, they can lose to Texas Arlington.
    Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 11-26-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Oh Ye of little faith. Don't forget that Gonzaga beat Michigan St in a scrimmage. They are as good as anyone in the tournament we will face. Also pay attention to how well our defense is playing. One other thing is how well Gonzaga almost always does in these Holiday Tournaments. Keep the faith, brother.

Go Zags!!!
    Well, VA Tech just beat Mich St in a game...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

A preview of the Oregon - Seton Hall match-up: https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/11/...antis-matchup/

We’re going to see two of the top guards in the country Wednesday night. Both seniors who have been with their programs for what seems like a decade. Myles Powell was right on the top-100 mark in 2016 for Seton Hall. He averaged double-digit points his first two seasons, but as a junior, he really went off. Powell came six shy of making 100 three-pointers as a sophomore. He eclipsed the century mark last season.

Payton Pritchard was a freshman when Oregon went on their great final four run. He started in all but four games for the Ducks. He’s been a starter his entire career in Eugene. Pritchard basically has done whatever Dana Altmann has asked him to do. He needed to help Dylan Ennis with point guard duties as a freshman. He then needed to help Oregon just stay competitive as a sophomore after losing a ton of talent around him. Pritchard was more of a passer last season. This year, it’s his team to run.
    An overview of the B4A field is available here: https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/11/...d-predictions/

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post

...and Va Tech is a very good with many returning players from a 26-9 team last year which lost to Duke by 2 points in the sweet 16.
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post

Did you see the Virginia Tech vs Michigan St game? Yeah! Virginia Tech looked pretty good. They shot the eyes out of the basket. Maybe the Zags will look as good as Virginia Tech when we play this week. To beat Michigan St you must play well. However, against Virginia Tech Michigan St couldn't make an outside shot.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Did you see the Virginia Tech vs Michigan St game? Yeah! Virginia Tech looked pretty good. They shot the eyes out of the basket. Maybe the Zags will look as good as Virginia Tech when we play this week. To beat Michigan St you must play well. However, against Virginia Tech Michigan St couldn't make an outside shot.

Go Zags!!!
    Despite the plethora of Zags bigs, Gonzaga has that inside surprise, the one no one thinks about...Joel Ayayi!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Steven Karr, via The Slipper Still Fits, with a preview of the B4A's 8 team field:

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...nament-preview

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Steven Karr, via The Slipper Still Fits, with a preview of the B4A's 8 team field:

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...nament-preview
    Very informative & fun article. Thanks. Seton Hall's size makes this fan nervous.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Very informative & fun article. Thanks. Seton Hall's size makes this fan nervous.

:]
    Seton Hall is no joke. There the real deal this year, and the way we played the last couple games will not work against any team in this field. I predict Seton Hall will comfortably beat Oregon. Hope I eat crow.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    And some still complain about the Zags schedule here.

Yes, it'd be nice if every game in the OOC was against a ranked team... but I think the Zags are in for a tough test over the next 20 or so days.

I get the complaints about the cupcakes... but honestly, if there was any Zag team that needs some time to gel and not get throttled by a top tier team it is this inexperienced, albeit talented, squad.

Usually just the street alumni...

On Thanksgiving Day, GU will probably face the winner of the Seton Hall / Oregon match-up. Per the B4A bracket, that game is supposed to tip at 1:00pm PST; the MattSarz link indicates a 12:30pm tip, so I'm guessing we won't know with certainty the start time on Turkey Day until some time later on Weds afternoon/evening.

Unfortunately, that start time falls into the time window for the Thanksgiving meal I usually attend.

Any strategies for blending stuffing on the table with stuffs on the court ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZagnetitForce View Post
    Turn your phone off. Enjoy your family/friends and meal. Watch recording of game while Turkey settles. No nap this year!
    I will take your sage advice, Zagnetit. Phone and Computer will be turned off, DVR turned on. I will enjoy Turkey Day with my friends & neighbors, all the way through to the Sweet Potato Pie.

Afterwards, I will walk home, watch the game, then--and only then-- I will turn on the computer & cellphone. The GUB will abide. . .it always does.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Seton Hall is no joke. There the real deal this year, and the way we played the last couple games will not work against any team in this field. I predict Seton Hall will comfortably beat Oregon. Hope I eat crow.
    They have a couple 7 footers in the post which could make like difficult for our bigs.

Tillie's hi lo game paramount vs a team like that, not to mention Powell, one of the best players in college hoops this season.

Seton Hall is a final 4 caliber club

I will take your sage advice, Zagnetit. Phone and Computer will be turned off, DVR turned on. I will enjoy Turkey Day with my friends & neighbors, all the way through to the Sweet Potato Pie.

Afterwards, I will walk home, watch the game, then--and only then-- I will turn on the computer & cellphone. The GUB will abide. . .it always does.
    I'm honored that my advice is acceptable. Now if only the kids,would do the same......

Quote Originally Posted by ZagnetitForce View Post
    I'm honored that my advice is acceptable. Now if only the kids,would do the same......
    Nowadays if a kid's phone runs out of battery in the car they attempt to call the Red Cross to report a crime against humanity.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this... it's an interview with Admon Gilder and it was taped before Tillie came back, but they talk about this tournament. You may have to have a Twitter account to watch it... not sure.

https://twitter.com/WCChoops/status/1199372243299532800
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    They have a couple 7 footers in the post which could make like difficult for our bigs.

Tillie's hi lo game paramount vs a team like that, not to mention Powell, one of the best players in college hoops this season.

Seton Hall is a final 4 caliber club
    Oregon vs Seton Hall will be a great game. Pirates are very big and lengthy while Ducks are smaller, quicker spread you out and shoot over you type team (I think). Zags will have a big stage and opponent to prove how good they are. What more can you ask for as a player or coach...a trip to the Bahamas too?!!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

From Twitter: https://twitter.com/SKarrG0/status/1199383117057839104
    Steven Karr
    @SKarrG0
    Kevin Brown and Chris Spatola calling Gonzaga-Southern Miss tomorrow.

Jon Sciambi and Jimmy Dykes would be calling the semi-final game and Dickie V will be joining them for the Title game.

Love me some Jimmy Dykes.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I hope we learn from Duke's loss today.
    "Freshman center Vernon Carey Jr. led Duke with 20 points and 11 rebounds, but he went just 4-for-11 from the free throw line. As a team, the Blue Devils missed 16 free throws, their most in a home game since 2008" - ESPN

With MSU and Duke losing, the stakes for us got a bit higher. Victories over Miss ST, Seton Hall/Oregon and then UNC (if they're still there) would boost this team in the rankings. It might be a key series of 3 games only to be followed by another 3 tough teams in early/mid December. Our guards really must play together much more cohesively and stiffen on defense. With Tillie's return, I think this team will take on a more mature character. Frees up Filip, Watson and surely Timme. It's a big deal to win this . Stiff competition.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    With MSU and Duke losing, the stakes for us got a bit higher. Victories over Miss ST, Seton Hall/Oregon and then UNC (if they're still there) would boost this team in the rankings. It might be a key series of 3 games only to be followed by another 3 tough teams in early/mid December. Our guards really must play together much more cohesively and stiffen on defense. With Tillie's return, I think this team will take on a more mature character. Frees up Filip, Watson and surely Timme. It's a big deal to win this . Stiff competition.
    Great opportunity for Zags to show how good they can be; they will need to play great to win this tourney. One game at a time. I’m real excited to see what these Zags got!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1