Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Jaden Shackleford - Committed to Alabama

Default 2019 - Jaden Shackleford - Committed to Alabama

2019 Shooting guard will officially visit Gonzaga October 13.

Has set up visits with Kansas State, Alabama, Pepperdine, Tulane and us. Four star ranked 114 on 247

We have a 2019 recruiting thread. C'mon guys, don't make the mods do extra work. Sheesh

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...Recruits-v-2-0

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Wow! This guy looks good. Lefty too.

ZN clone. Pure scorer. We need guards moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    We have a 2019 recruiting thread. C'mon guys, don't make the mods do extra work. Sheesh

Maybe thing have changed in the past 9 months and 40 pages. Might be time to refresh what we know about 2019 recruits. Lots of progress in the past year since Dec . I'd suspect many of the kids have signed elsewhere. Refresh!

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post

i think an official visit is noteworthy enough to deserve its own thread...especially for someone who hasn't been extensively discussed over and over.

I think it is worth a separate thread if a kid is visiting officially. Just my two cents worth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I think it is worth a separate thread if a kid is visiting officially. Just my two cents worth.

Agree 100%.

I vote for that idea.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    I vote for that idea.
    I'm on board.

Yes...can anyone out there tell us who committed to GU without making a visit, official or unofficial?

I've come to the conclusion a recruit isn't a recruit if he has not visited the campus. For example, Drew Timme was offered last summer during an unofficial visit to GU. That makes him a true recruit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Yes...can anyone out there tell us who committed to GU without making a visit, official or unofficial?

I've come to the conclusion a recruit isn't a recruit if he has not visited the campus. For example, Drew Timme was offered last summer during an unofficial visit to GU. That makes him a true recruit IMO.
    I tend to agree with that assessment. We have a great chance to land any kid who actually sets foot on campus, but little chance with kids who don’t.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Meta.

Count me as one who wants a thread on each individual who we are top 5 serious enough to have had the student on campus.

The kid has the most eclectic list of schools for a 4 star recruit that I believe I've ever seen.

I would really like to believe that Pepperdine and Tulane are on the list because if you have a top 3 and know that it will be one of those 3, Pepperdine and Tulane would be great schools to visit, see Malibu and New Orleans.

Alabama is an odd choice - or are they on the upswing along with Auburn? and K-State???? I am at a loss as to what a student who is interested in Gonzaga finds interesting about K-State, the coaches seem so different, the schools so different.

Maybe he's going to Pepperdine, they sure can use him. But, if he's a true 4 star quality guard and Few wants him, we need bodies bc we might well have many openings next year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Count me as one who wants a thread on each individual who we are top 5 serious enough to have had the student on campus.
    I agree. There are usually a handful of prospects per recruiting cycle that are worth tracking in their own threads. In my mind, any four-star recruit that visits campus is newsworthy enough to track in his own thread.

The 2019 recruiting thread feels more like a place to discuss rumors that a Gonzaga coach was watching some kid from some high school somewhere in the country. It’s the place to report tweets from high school sophomores that they’ve “heard from” Gonzaga. Once that initial interest turns into a scholarship offer and a campus visit, I prefer to see a dedicated thread for that prospect.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Boogie and him visit same weekend?

Some definite similarities to Norvell, but might be three inches shorter and a little less athletic from what I've seen. Norvell also just has that rare mentality and gamer instinct that elevates him. Nice player, but I'm not sure I would offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    Boogie and him visit same weekend?
    Looks like it.

Weekend AFTER Kraziness it appears, which is a bummer.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

Alabama is an odd choice - or are they on the upswing along with Auburn?
    Avery Johnson/Collin Sexton. As to Pepp, Romar has gotten a lot of guards to the pros who didn't necessarily project there.

Let the mods decide.
    They have all the variables going at once on their table.
    We have a couple of opinions each, and do not know all the responsibilities involved.
    Giving our individual opinions, great.
    proposing solutions to the whole problem lets slow down and be prudent ......
    Let the administrators do what they feel is needed,
    merge or separate,
    and I support their decision
    just my personal view on this

Here is an interesting question, that I have not found an answer to, but have we offered Shackleford? Is this one of those offers like we did with Foster last year?

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Here is an interesting question, that I have not found an answer to, but have we offered Shackleford? Is this one of those offers like we did with Foster last year?
    Yes we offered.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Yes we offered.
    I assumed we did, but could not find it anywhere, then was wondering if it was similar to Foster's offer where it depends on what others decide.