Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is one quirky thing that you do that you believe helps the Zags win

Default What is one quirky thing that you do that you believe helps the Zags win

I put 3 exclamation points after GoZags. And in fact typing the whole thing GoZags!!! Is what I do. I started typing this many years ago, and each year we get better. When I first started this quirky thing, some Gu posters really started giving me sh?? for my obsession to continue to type those three !!!.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I will switch viewing positions if things aren't going 'our' way. If the zags are on a scoring drought or something, I might get up and stand behind the couch. Or I might lay on the floor. Or start smashing a frying pan over my head. They have all been successful at times.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I will switch viewing positions if things aren't going 'our' way. If the zags are on a scoring drought or something, I might get up and stand behind the couch. Or I might lay on the floor. Or start smashing a frying pan over my head. They have all been successful at times.
    Hey Woohoo, are you sure it isn’t your pretty little wife hitting you over the head with The frying pan ???? Ha ha…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Quote Originally Posted by 2wiceright View Post
    Hey Woohoo, are you sure it isn’t your pretty little wife hitting you over the head with The frying pan ???? Ha ha…
    You may be on to something!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Anything I can do to keep my feet warm. I kid you not, once my feet get cold, the boys always go cold.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha ha hah thanks for a very good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    Anything I can do to keep my feet warm. I kid you not, once my feet get cold, the boys always go cold.
    Thanks for a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    What's Gnomey?

I switch channels and stop watching the game. I don't know how many times the guys have been playing terribly, fallen behind, and I decided "It's me" and turned the channel. I'll text my dad or bro to tell me when they've come back. The OFTEN do come roaring back once I have turned the channel.

I don't know how many wins this team has due to my determination that I am negatively impacting their play, and turning it off.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I turn the game on.

I exist.

I yell at the refs. I’m pretty sure they can hear me from my living room in New England.

My kids hate me during basketball season...so do my neighbors...and the cat...especially since so many of these games play past midnight in my part of the country.

I walk away from the tv for a minute when I lose my confidence...but rarely need to.
    Parlez-vous français?

I don't wear Zag's gear on gameday. If they lose, it's probably because I brushed against a T-shirt/sweatshirt/hat at sometime during the day.

Sorry for those loses, I'll try to be more diligent in the future.
    We are on this earth to live, not to avoid death.

I switch out my black Zags Uni for the blue one. I know I know, but black looks cooler

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I switch channels and stop watching the game. I don't know how many times the guys have been playing terribly, fallen behind, and I decided "It's me" and turned the channel. I'll text my dad or bro to tell me when they've come back. The OFTEN do come roaring back once I have turned the channel.

I don't know how many wins this team has due to my determination that I am negatively impacting their play, and turning it off.
    Thanks DixieZag. I'm so glad to hear it works. Whatever it takes. Right?

Go Zags!!!
    Last edited by Reborn; 08-24-2018 at 07:08 AM.

I never wear any red Zags' gear on game days. Navy blue. Preferrably a hoody.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I never wear any red Zags' gear on game days. Navy blue. Preferrably a hoody.
    You rock the navy blue Zag's hoodie .... at least you did at the U.S. Open (in the morning ... before it got hot)

I take a tequila shot.

No joke.

Normally, I never drink the stuff, but keep it around solely for Gonzaga game days when the team is behind or in a drought, and needs a "rally shot".

Matter of fact, maybe the board should join me in this occasion?

60% of the time, it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I yell at the refs. I’m pretty sure they can hear me from my living room in New England.

My kids hate me during basketball season...so do my neighbors...and the cat...especially since so many of these games play past midnight in my part of the country.
    LOL... we should watch games together... maybe our collective roar will be heard by the refs. My wife is fond of pointing out that the Zags are dominating when I yell at the refs and reminding me that they cannot actually hear me. My response is... I know they are winning... it is the principle... and I am quite sure they can hear me.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

As a fan I feel it is my duty to give 100% 100% of the time. I imagine every shot going in, every rebound being controlled by our guys, etc.
    I will not go get a beer or head to the bathroom until a break. If I let down, I let down the team.
    My wife thinks I might be crazy and our dog is sure of it.
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

I'm really enjoying these posts. I'm LMAO. A good way to start the day.

I'm going all out this year...instead of no sex the day before the game, I'm swearing off sex from Midnight Madness through the rest of the season.

Book your tickets to Minneapolis now!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'm going all out this year...instead of no sex the day before the game, I'm swearing off sex from Midnight Madness through the rest of the season.

Book your tickets to Minneapolis now!
    Maybe you could get your wife to lend a hand!

I understand the importance of what we drink during the game, so I try to keep a good selection and adjust as needed. "Beer on whiskey, mighty risky, whiskey on beer, never fear". I start with beer!
    It's not funny.