Thread: Hachimura Participating in Elite Nike Basketball Academy

Default Hachimura Participating in Elite Nike Basketball Academy

Zags’ junior among 25 college players at event in Los Angeles

https://gozags.com/news/2018/8/9/men...l-academy.aspx

This is just awesome. I know he's going to learn a lot there from some of the best teachers of the game (NBA Players).
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    This is just awesome. I know he's going to learn a lot there from some of the best teachers of the game (NBA Players).
    I suspect Rui's going to burst from the camp as a preseason All American. His game continues to ramp up when put against tougher competition. He sleep walked through the WCC and still made ESPN's Top Ten just about every other game.

Who's his competition for POY in the WCC? I'm betting a healthy Josh and Killian. I'm really getting pumped up for this season.

Yoeli Childs at BYU will be another one in the running for POY in the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Yoeli Childs at BYU will be another one in the running for POY in the WCC.
    He will likely put up numbers better than everyone else, he'll get a lot more scoring opportunities at BYU. Zags will spread it around, just as they have the past few years. Wouldn't surprise me to see 7 Zags averaging double digits per game.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    He will likely put up numbers better than everyone else, he'll get a lot more scoring opportunities at BYU. Zags will spread it around, just as they have the past few years. Wouldn't surprise me to see 7 Zags averaging double digits per game.
    This! Predicted!!

I am thinking that Rui is going to separate himself from the rest of the pack and average 20+ points a game.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I am thinking that Rui is going to separate himself from the rest of the pack and average 20+ points a game.

Go Zags!!!
    If you're right, and Jacob contributes at the 5 (10 ppg & 8 rpg), we'll need to make plans for Minneapolis.

Rui averaging 20+ a game will make it easier for everyone else, as the defensive focus will turn to him. Killian will have a field year from beyond the arc.

It's really hard, but I must remember to tap the breaks on my enthusiasm and expectations...but it's REALLY hard.

Playing into April

If you're right, and Jacob contributes at the 5 (10 ppg & 8 rpg), we'll need to make plans for Minneapolis.

Rui averaging 20+ a game will make it easier for everyone else, as the defensive focus will turn to him. Killian will have a field year from beyond the arc.

It's really hard, but I must remember to tap the breaks on my enthusiasm and expectations...but it's REALLY hard.
    I don't think Jakob plays very much to be honest, mostly depending on the game and score. I certainly don't think he goes for 10 and 8 this year on an average. I do think he's going to be an important piece his Junior and Senior years though.

Rui needs a nickname, here's my entry... Rui "幸せです手斧" Hachimura..... "the Happy Hatchet".... he's too good to not have a nickname...

Just my opinion....

Go!! Zags!!!

I'm not a hop fan, but this will be my drink of choice come tipoff. Rui's definitely got "hops"!

Winning.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Rui needs a nickname, here's my entry... Rui "幸せです手斧" Hachimura..... "the Happy Hatchet".... he's too good to not have a nickname...

Just my opinion....

Go!! Zags!!!
    “Rui” works for me.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Child’s will most likely out score the Zags leader. Last year JWill led the Zags with under 14 a game. But if the Zags live up to their preseason hype, they will have the POY.
    BTW, 7 players in double figures is almost impossible without an injury or two. So I will take the under.

Most of
    Last year we had 7
    Kids in double figures . It's not hard with good shooters who share time.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Most of
    Last year we had 7
    Kids in double figures . It's not hard with good shooters who share time.
    I think we had 6 for a while and ended with 5. 7 would be incredibly hard. If all seven averaged 12 points a game, that would be 84, exactly what the Zags averaged last year. That leaves no room for big leads and blowout wins. I would guess it's been a long time since any college team had 7 in double figures. (if ever)

But I do think we'll have balanced scoring again this year.