WCC Tournament Schedule under new Format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bettingman
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

WCC Tournament Schedule under new Format?

OK, so we know the championship format is changing this season, with a return to a format that heavily favors the top 2 seeds. But do we yet know the days when these games will take place? Would the 7-10 seeds play on Thursday, 5-6 join the party on Friday, 3-4 play in the third round on Saturday, then bye on Sunday, semifinals on Monday and championship on Tuesday? Or would they shift the championship to Monday and move everything up a day? Once BYU arrived in 2012, there were nine teams and the 8/9 game was on Wednesday, with 5/6 joining Thursday, 3/4 joining Friday, and the semifinals on Saturday (and championship on Monday). The same schedule was followed in 2013. So maybe I just answered my own question....Anyway, didn't see anything official out there yet.
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Some info here, bettingman. End of the article seems to indicate that the #1 & #2 seeds don't jump in until the semis Monday night, if I am reading that correctly.

SAN BRUNO, Calif. – The West Coast Conference announced its 2019 men's basketball conference schedule Wednesday. The race for the WCC regular season crown will stretch over a nine-week span, featuring 16 conference games in a new schedule format adopted in May. Conference play is slated to begin on Jan. 3 and will conclude on March 2.

Edit: Link NOW provided.

Last edited by sittingon50; 08-08-2018, 01:30 PM.
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• bettingman
      Bulldog Fan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
      Some info here, bettingman. End of the article seems to indicate that the #1 & #2 seeds don't jump in until the semis Monday night, if I am reading that correctly.
      Maybe you forgot to include a link? I guess my the simple version of my question is whether it is Semis on Saturday with Championship on Monday, or Semis on Monday with Championship on Tuesday.

Comment

• Kemo 1966
        Kennel Club Material
        • Jan 2016

Las Vegas is scheduled for March 7th through the 12th. My guess is Semi's on Monday and Finals on Tuesday.

Comment

• bettingman
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2007

Yeah, I see that on the Zag schedule. Will make things awfully interesting from a travel perspective. I wonder how many Zags will simply fly in Sunday night now and not be there for the Fri-Sat games. Of course, this has become an annual tradition for many WCC hoops fans, so we'll see....

Comment

Working...
          X