Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: FIBA EURO U18; WATCH PETRUSEV AND AYAYI HERE

enjoyed the article and video too

on the 2 footed jumping thing, think I saw him finish 4 of his first 5 baskets off of one foot jumps in that video. But I see the jump stop he uses, uses it all the time in traffic, kind of freezes guys. if he can hit that little mid ranger off that jump stop consistently enough like in this video, I mean, if anyone who plays on the perimeter using the dribble can do that consistently.......

that was fun to watch
    Last edited by bballbeachbum; 08-02-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    No games today; a day of rest. Tomorrow France plays super early, while we're all still sleeping vs Montenegro. And Serbia plays Germany.
    Rooting for France and Serbia of course....would be cool to watch two Zags battling for a championship.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Has anyone else posted this from Twitter?
    DraftExpressContent
    ‏ @DXContent

Here's a look at the top prospects in terms of PER heading into tomorrow's quarterfinals at the @FIBA U18 A Division Tournament in #Latvia, according to the @DraftExpress database

Joel may be a role player at the beginning of the season but he's going to get lots of minutes with his improved shooting, ball handling , passing and quick to the rim drive. His defense is killer. He'll be a superior player for us. I'd pick him to be an AA .but the last time I guessed that, wow......I was just SO wrong! He's developing quickly though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Has anyone else posted this from Twitter?
    Thanks Native.

Does anyone know if any of the others listed are NCAA bound this coming season?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Hey! We need to vote for our preferred MVP of the U18's! Who is your #FIBAU18Europe 2018 MVP?

Edited to add this from the story: "The official MVP and the All-Star Five awards will be decided by the media and coaches."

At this point, Joel has 6% of the vote and Filip 4%. We need to give those guys a boost!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Joel may be a role player at the beginning of the season but he's going to get lots of minutes with his improved shooting, ball handling , passing and quick to the rim drive. His defense is killer. He'll be a superior player for us. I'd pick him to be an AA .but the last time I guessed that, wow......I was just SO wrong! He's developing quickly though.
    These kinds of statements didn’t work well for you last time. Hope for a better result this time. It’s going to be awfully difficult for him to crack top 10 this season unless somebody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Hey! We need to vote for our preferred MVP of the U18's! Who is your #FIBAU18Europe 2018 MVP?

Edited to add this from the story: "The official MVP and the All-Star Five awards will be decided by the media and coaches."

At this point, Joel has 6% of the vote and Filip 4%. We need to give those guys a boost!
    Filip now up to 11% and Joel to 9%. Keep voting, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    enjoyed the article and video too

on the 2 footed jumping thing, think I saw him finish 4 of his first 5 baskets off of one foot jumps in that video. But I see the jump stop he uses, uses it all the time in traffic, kind of freezes guys. if he can hit that little mid ranger off that jump stop consistently enough like in this video, I mean, if anyone who plays on the perimeter using the dribble can do that consistently.......

that was fun to watch

He can beat a lot of defenders with pretty arc on his midrange shot.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    No games today; a day of rest. Tomorrow France plays super early, while we're all still sleeping vs Montenegro. And Serbia plays Germany.
    What time in the AM?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    What time in the AM?

Thanks...
    7am eastern, I think. I honestly don't know how to read it. It says 1400.

http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u1...nce-Montenegro

What time in the AM?

Thanks...
    France at 4:00 AM Spokane time, Serbia at 6:15 AM

SPY and ZN THANKS!

If France had a decent HC they could be pretty darn good...led 25-15 and then were out scored 21-8 in last four minutes...

Joel's ball handling sure is suspect...

France's pick and roll defense is as bad as it can be. Hard hedge with no rotation and the complete over commitment by the hedging defender.

Joel's ball handling sure is suspect...
    #1 area of concern. And area of improvement. Leads to a ton of his TO's. Has 7 turnovers so far today, as he has forced passes and been scouted on his slashing moves, they are undercutting him, found a weakness i.e. ballhandling.

Facing better defenders next season should help him focus on his handles, as his speed makes up for his high and loose handle.

Have a feeling he hasn't experienced hardnosed defense in practice and he is simply faster than anyone in Europe. Or much trapping or pressing vs similar athletes/size.

His spot action next season will humble him. As I mentioned earlier, his handles look identical to his 16 yr old highlight tapes.

I feel it's been hard for Joel to keep up with his growing frame, length, & his own speed. His 6'8" wingspan makes it more difficult to tighten up ballhandling as he develops, but it will in time.

The good news is, if Joel defends anyone with his type of handle, he swarms & pick pockets him everytime, vs guards and bigs alike.

His quick hands are equally impressive.

Close game between France and Montenegro. Joel with 12 points, but also 7 turnovers. 4 minutes left in the first over-time.

France up by 1 point with 50 seconds left.

Joel does a nice job setting up spot shooters though.

It's a strength of his, as he knows how to collapse the interior defense, as they respect his speed, and find open shooters.

Unfortunately, he looses his handle in the lane often while doing this, yet finding guys for open shots has lead to 5 assiststhis game.

Vive le France

Joel hit the final go-ahead shot, a 3pt to take the lead for good with 25 secs to go.

He was 2-2 3pt shots.

15 pts, 5 assists, 2 stls, 7 TO's.

Attendance 44
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

They trusted him with the ball in overtime. Nice winning three for Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Joel hit the final go-ahead shot, a 3pt to take the lead for good with 25 secs to go.

He was 2-2 3pt shots.

15 pts, 5 assists, 2 stls, 7 TO's.
    Thanks for the updates, you must be a really early riser.

I really hope we're recruiting their big guy, Dossou Yovo. He's so skilled and dunks everything. Just needs to get in better shape.

Serbia game should've started already but delayed for some reason.