Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FIBA EURO U18; WATCH PETRUSEV AND AYAYI HERE

Default FIBA EURO U18; WATCH PETRUSEV AND AYAYI HERE

Thought that we could consolidate the games into one thread. Serbia is already playing now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0QSrFvyYnc

France plays in a few hours.

http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u18/2018/games

Like most of our recent bigs, Petrusev has great court vision

Oops I guess I was posting in the wrong thread

Thanks for posting the links spy.

43:42 Lithuania up at the half

Petrusev with 8 points, 6 boards, 2 assists 1 block at the half

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Like most of our recent bigs, Petrusev has great court vision
    Kinda reminds me of a young Kelly Olynyk a bit.

I like how he competes, involved in every play. Lost on defense at times but understands the game, esp offensively. Nice timing and feel of when to shoot, and how to take advantage of the defense.

Already hitting the high-low pass, has nice touch around the rim, shows a predictable but impressive up & under, we know he is a good, possibly great shooter.

Won't play much but could prove too valuable to red shirt this season. His shooting alone is a weapon at 5-6 mins per game for us. He floats toward the perimeter but not afraid to mix it up inside. Showing he can dribble drive a little as well.

This kid could sneak up and take Larsens minutes, he is versatile, that's for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Kinda reminds me of a young Kelly Olynyk a bit.

I like how he competes, involved in every play. Lost on defense at times but understands the game, esp offensively. Nice timing and feel of when to shoot, and how to take advantage of the defense.

Already hitting the high-low pass, has nice touch around the rim, shows a predictable but impressive up & under, we know he is a good, possibly great shooter.

Won't play much but could prove too valuable to red shirt this season. His shooting alone is a weapon at 5-6 mins per game for us. He floats toward the perimeter but not afraid to mix it up inside.

This kid could sneak up and take Larsens minutes, he is versatile, that's for certain.
    That's not a bad comparison. He's honestly played pretty well thus far. But I see him as a four and Larsen as a five and since Petrusev can hit the three they complement each other pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Thanks for posting the links spy.
    My pleasure

Are we also looking at #15 Marko Pecarski?

#12 with his Matt Bouldin hair seems to be a pretty good SG

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Are we also looking at #15 Marko Pecarski?
    We were, but I am pretty sure he signed a pro contract shortly after basketball without boarders. I might be mixing him up with another recruit, but I think it is Marko.

Serbia moves the ball so well. The black Serbian kid can shoot and slash to the hoop really well, wonder if anyones recruiting him.

Pterusev's got some advanced post moves for such a young guy, very ZC like

End of the 3rd Q --Serbia up 71-58 with Petrusev with 14 points, 9 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks

The trouble maker Paunavic isn't a bad player

Epic collapse by Serbia. Petrusev went out for 5 minutes and Lithuania went on a 10-2 run.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Serbia moves the ball so well. The black Serbian kid can shoot and slash to the hoop really well, wonder if anyones recruiting him.
    I'm sorry, I don't see any black players on either team...

However, that #12 seems to be a pretty decent player, like his skill set - can shoot, defend and pass pretty well

aggressive play rewarded and Serbia folded to pressure

92-87 Lithuania with the win

Petrusev top scorer for the game with 20 points, (8/10 from the field --but 4/8 from ft) 10 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks

Epic meltdown by Serbia, up by double digits with 8 minutes left and just started turning the ball over, missing ft's even Petrusev missed a bunny. On the bright side, Petrusev was clearly the best player on the court; great offense, gobbled up every rebound and always calm under pressure; finished with 20/10. Ayayi and France up next

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't see any black players on either team...

However, that #12 seems to be a pretty decent player, like his skill set - can shoot, defend and pass pretty well
    That's him, bi-racial dude with the afro. He was decent.

I tuned in just in time to see Serbia cough up the lead. Petrusev seems to run the floor well and looks like a ball player. He’ll be able to switch screens like Few asks his 4’s and 5’s to do. He reminds me more of Collins than Olynyk right now because young Kelly looked clumsy and Clinic Olynyk was explosive and strong. He’s less bouncy than Collins but has similar fluidity to his movements. I wish I got to see more.

Thx for posting the link, Spy.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I tuned in just in time to see Serbia cough up the lead. Petrusev seems to run the floor well and looks like a ball player. He’ll be able to switch screens like Few asks his 4’s and 5’s to do. He reminds me more of Collins than Olynyk right now because young Kelly looked clumsy and Clinic Olynyk was explosive and strong. He’s less bouncy than Collins but has similar fluidity to his movements. I wish I got to see more.

Thx for posting the link, Spy.
    You're welcome. I mentioned the ZC comp as well, but he doesn't have as high of a motor as Zach, but plays calmer than him. Petrusev played great today against his peers, but for the Zags he'll be the youngest player usually, will be interesting to see how he does vs older players.

One piece of info that was interesting-- it was a pretty aggressive game (refs look to be letting them play) --and Petrusev only had 1 foul --maybe it was an anomaly --but he seemed to be mixing it up in there and playing smart. He looked mature and solid on offense.

Too good of passer, player, IQ in a 6'10" body to RS, esp a year we are 'all in'.