X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OZZY
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2009

Interview of Kevin from the FC Barcelona website.

Barça Lassa's Canadian guard describes his love for the mid-season knockout tournament and his adaptation to life in a new club and city

Comment

• SLOZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Brock Motum on KP

Brock Motum (played for WSU 2009–2013) was interviewed by pickandroll.com about his BB career, and fielded the following series of questions in the following manner:

The reporter says "Having had the opportunity to play with so many teammates, I was interested in key individuals who had impacted or influenced him throughout his career. [Brock replied:]“Kevin Pangos was a great teammate of mine when I was at Žalgiris,” explained Motum. “He is a point guard and now plays at Barcelona. We were rivals at college where he went to Gonzaga, and he was one guy who I remember as a great teammate.

“Anthony Petrie was a great teammate when I was in Adelaide. He is one of my favourite teammates throughout my career. Just a great guy on and off the court.” He also mentioned Klay Thompson, a former teammate at Washington State, who had been influential throughout his career.""

Brock Motum is the boy from Brisbane turned Boomer who continues to show that no matter how many times life doesn’t go to plan, you reset and bounce back in true Aussie fashion. His career has spanned both the US College, Europe, and the NBL, with his dedication and commitment to the grind never wavering.

Not too bad being remembered ahead of Clay Thompson.
      SLOZag
      "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• OZZY
        Zag for Life
        • Aug 2009

KP has been a little quiet lately, playing second fiddle to Thomas Heurtel who has been playing very well for the 5th ranked team in Europe.

Today however he led his team to a Euroleague victory over fellow ACB team Gran Canaria.

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

5/6 from downtown is impressive but maybe even more impressive is a team 19/28 from the deep.

It did take Kevin until his second year with Zalgiris to really hit his stride, he has been a bit hit and miss so far his first year at Barcelona....

Comment

• OZZY
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2009

After bowing out in the first round (after a good fight) of Euroleague playoffs (they were a 5 seed lost to Anadolu Efes the 4 seed) , Barcelona have swept through undefeated in ACB playoffs to meet Fellow powerhouse Real Madrid.

Kevin has alternated between starting and bench, with the semifinal series doing both. He averaged 7 ppg, 4 apg with an 11:1 A/TO ratio. He's been abnormally inefficient from the deep which is probably why he is coming off the bench now.

The final series will be a barnstormer and it will be interesting to see if KP can get his stroke back as that is could be one of the keys to Barcelona winning the series.

Comment

• Jstock12
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2014

It's being reported that Kevin and Barcelona are talking about mutually ending the contract. Valencia Basket reportedly interested in him. Perhaps some NBA teams are interested in bringing him over, since quite a few Euroleague players have already signed with NBA teams - Nicolo Melli, Marko Guduric.

These types of reports are brutal on me though. I immediately start dreaming about him coming back to Zalgiris even though there's close to no chance of that happening.

Comment

• OZZY
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Jstock12 View Post
              It's being reported that Kevin and Barcelona are talking about mutually ending the contract. Valencia Basket reportedly interested in him. Perhaps some NBA teams are interested in bringing him over, since quite a few Euroleague players have already signed with NBA teams - Nicolo Melli, Marko Guduric.

These types of reports are brutal on me though. I immediately start dreaming about him coming back to Zalgiris even though there's close to no chance of that happening.
              After the rather disappointing year with Barca, I do hope KP gets a new team.

He had flashes of good play, but Huertel played very well and deserved the majority of the focus.

Comment

• basketballzag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
                After the rather disappointing year with Barca, I do hope KP gets a new team.

He had flashes of good play, but Huertel played very well and deserved the majority of the focus.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...-kevin-pangos/
                Kevin Pangos will stay at FC Barcelona Lassa for another year. Rodriguez made a statement a couple of days that ALL players who are under contract this year with the team WILL BE on the team's roster next year.

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Kevin is out 4-6 weeks with a foot injury. https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...ast-one-month/

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

Kevin's future after basketball is so bright that he will only look back at his days in short pants as fun and preparation for the trip ahead ……

Comment

• Mojo13
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Nov 2012

Yeah, but Pangos had a pretty rough season in Barca last year to the point that they felt he couldn't run as the lead PG and had to bring in Malcolm Delaney over top him (lead PG Thomas Heurtal had a serious injury over the summer). This injury to KP does not help at all - as he will miss at least the first month of the season. There is a real risk Pangos will be out of the rotation when Huertal gets back from injury sometime in the new year. If he doesn't have a big turnaround this year he is proably gone from Barca for next season - they are paying him allot and so far it hasn't looked to be worth it.

Comment

• Jstock12
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Feb 2014

Unfortunately Kevin won't be coming back this season.

Comment

• OZZY
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Jstock12 View Post
                          Unfortunately Kevin won't be coming back this season.
                          Kevin Pangos has been sidelined for six months after a foot injury and it is likely he won't return until next season.

Fractured toe in training, stuffed almost the complete year. Slight possibility he comes back in he playoffs if he is needed...

Comment

• Jstock12
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
                            https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...r-next-season/

Fractured toe in training, stuffed almost the complete year. Slight possibility he comes back in he playoffs if he is needed...
                            Oh, so there's a possibility. I read a report saying he won't be coming back this year.

Comment

• Jstock12
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Feb 2014

Kevin looking pretty good out there against Joventut (Badalona), in the first game of the resumed Spanish league.

Comment

• sittingon50
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Details?
                                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X