Thread: What is it going to take for Sabonis?

Default What is it going to take for Sabonis?

What is it going to take for him to get the respect he deserves for how he is playing at this moment. He is averaging a double double on the season and is averaging a triple double over the last couple weeks. Yet all you get is crickets from ESPN and the like.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

He’s a very good player on a team that is on the fringes of being a playoff team in the Midwest. Very little national exposure on TV.

Put those numbers up on an east or west coast team that is near the top of the standings and he would be a lead story.

He is about 25 and has about 3 years left at nearly 20 million a year.....and if he stays healthy and doesn't get caught doing something really stupid........ he will likely make 40 million a year for another 5 years...... and retire and buy a small city on the Costa Del Sol....

I feel his pain....

Getting out of Indiana or making a run in the playoffs.

Dude is on his way to being Jokic 2.0.

I predict HOF for domas

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I predict HOF for domas
    He's well on his way, just needs to keep stacking up those all star nods. Kind of wonder if he might even sneak onto 3rd team all nba this year?

I was just checking out all time triple doubles in context of Westbrook recently setting the record and noticed there is only 12 or 13 bigs with more than Sabonis who still has a long career ahead of him. They are all hall of famers or future of hall of famers (arguable for Chris Webber or Draymond Green, but all the others are locks).

Have to believe he will be on a Major Media Coastal Team in the not to distant future...

Awesome player. Should be 2d or 3d team all NBA this year but Indiana is a media wasteland. Look at Reggie, a spectacular player who only got national notice for his play in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Awesome player. Should be 2d or 3d team all NBA this year but Indiana is a media wasteland. Look at Reggie, a spectacular player who only got national notice for his play in Gotham.
    I have noticed this. I'm following all Lithuanians in the league (not that hard since there are only 3.5 of them), and what I've noticed is that the Pacers never ever even upload Domas' (or any other of theirs players) game highlights to youtube. Not even when they get a triple double. On the other hand, Memphis Grizzlies are always uploading Jonas Valanciunas' game highlights whenever he gets a double-double. Not only is Indiana a media wasteland, Indiana Pacers as an organization doesn't give a #### about promoting/marketing their players. There are countless small European basketball teams with a better social media game than Indiana.

Nice stat line in tonight’s play-in game: 14 points, 21 rebounds, and 9 assists. +27 in 33 minutes of play.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

But we don't play nobody.